Dietetics  |
Female
Haesun Hwang, RD
Haesun Hwang, RD is a dietetics provider who practices in Alexandria, VA. She has been practicing for 23 years.

6300 Stevenson Ave Ste D

Alexandria, VA 22304

Learn about Haesun Hwang

Haesun believes in preventive medicine. She believes that living a healthy lifestyle can help to prevent and manage chronic medical conditions. Haesun uses a personalized medical approach, supported by strong, evidence-based research, to manage each patient's health. She helps patients to succeed by teaching them how to eat well balanced diet rather than on that focuses on restrictions.

• Dietetics
  • Nutrition Consulting
  • Nutrition Education

Haesun Hwang does not have any board certifications listed.

• Chronic Kidney Diseases

• Body Composition Measurement
  • Exercise Counseling
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Tufts University
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Frances Stern Nutrition Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Tufts-New England Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994

Haesun Hwang has no awards or honors listed.

Haesun Hwang has no media or publications listed.

• Korean

Haesun Hwang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Haesun Hwang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Haesun Hwang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Haesun Hwang to family and friends
Haesun Hwang's Performance
in Alexandria, VA |
I started seeing Haesun Hwang for Nutrition Consulting for having recently been diagnosed with diabetes. She quickly relieved my anxieties and showed me how to eat properly using the four food groups as well as an exercise regime to better manage my condition. She also showed me how to use the One Touch diabetes meter for measuring blood sugar levels and explained what the numbers represent. I feel confident that by following her nutritional advice, I will eat more healthily.
in Aldie, VA |
Dr Haesun gives practical approach to overall health from what you eat, to proper rest and exercise. I have lost weight by following her advice. I still eat what I want but had to adjust in keeping in mind eating protein, vegetables and fruits. Now in a rhythm and am enjoying the journey. She is patient, an excellent listener and very nice. I visited other nutrientionist who wanted to sell products and plans. She did neither. She truly cares and isn't about selling you anything but guidance.
in Alexandria, VA |
Ms. Hwang is an EXCELLENT educator. Being a newly diagnosed diabetes patient, I have learned so much from her regarding how and what to eat, portion control, and how to live a healthy lifestyle as a diabetic. She has such a calm and soothing manner and personality. She really wants you to get it, and questions you to make sure you understand everything that she has explained and taught you during your sessions with her. She is also very detailed and patient in answering questions.
in Falls Church, VA |
Very caring person with a pleasant personality makes working with her very pleasant and she is a very personable dietician. I really like her approach and mannerisms.
in Springfield, VA |
I recently had my first appointment with Haesun Hwang, who was referred to me by my PCP. I have been to a nutritionist before, but they didn't provide me with any sort of helpful advice or information. She discussed my medical history, lifestyle, and eating habits in depth with me and then was able to provide an assessment/plan that 1) Made sense 2) Would be easy for me to follow.
in Alexandria, VA |
Haesun has been encouraging and supportive as it relates to improving my diet and looking at different factors that have an impact on what I eat and when. Her approach has been to find ways to modify my regular habits in ways that will improve my health in the long-term. I've tried just doing a ton of exercise to lose weight and basically the weight just comes back once my willpower dies down. This approach will be better for the long-term. Thanks Haesun!
in Alexandria, VA |
I have been to Weight Watchers for years--heard it all. When hubby originally diagnosed w/diabetes, we were sent to nutritionist who offered nothing new. My ears do not comprehend/hear well persons w/accents. Imagine my surprise when I understood every word she said! She shared implementable tips and had us set achievable goals. Her schedule is flexible. I love her Del Monte plate!
Have you seen Haesun Hwang, RD?
Are you Haesun Hwang?