Dr. Grant Killian, PHD

Dr. Grant Killian, PHD

Psychology  ·
Dr. Grant Killian, PHD is a psychologist in Boca Raton, FL and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from University Of Chicago in 1981 and specializes in psychology, clinical psychology, and more.Read his story

7700 Congress Ave Ste 2110

Boca Raton, FL 33487

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Medicare
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Killian

Dr. Killian's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Killian "I graduated from Tabor Academy [a naval honor Academy] in 1967 with honors in Geology and Naval Science and had many unique opportunities available to me at that time. I worked at the Walter Fernald State School before deciding to reside in Paris from 1968 to 1970. I received my bachelors degree from New College in Sarasota Florida 1972 and decided to return to Paris for another year. I received my Masters degree from the University of Chicago in 1975 and while working on my Ph.D. at the University of Chicago I was the Recipient of the National Research Service Award publishing numerous scientific articles prior to receiving my Ph.D. in 1981. I was a doctoral professor in the School of Psychology at Nova Southeastern University from 1982 to 1993 and continued to publish while maintaining my private practice in psychology since 1983. "

This content was provided by Dr. Killian "All individuals, couples, partners, and families are unique requiring sensitivity to individual differences and interests while at the same time assisting in helping them with their unique problems to eliminate sabotaging self-destructive behaviors, typical communication conflicts, learn to solve everyday problems using conflict resolution techniques without escalating conflict, achieve conflict de-escalation, and achieve successful win-win problem solving. My goal is to assist my clients in dealing with problems that interfere with daily life and work and make them more effective in achieving personal goals. I use an integrative approach using all theoretical models & do not use just one technique. I match the appropriate technique that best fits each patient."

• Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Killian does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• Illinois State Psych Inst
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • St Elizabeths Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Killian has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Killian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Killian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Killian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Killian's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Killian

4.2

Dr. Killian?
Dr. Killian's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Grant Killian, PHD
RecentHighestLowest
Having been fortunate enough to find Dr. Killian he has helped me immensely to recognize and deal with my issues.His ability to relate to his patients is excellent and his empathy is first rate I wholeheartedly would seek him out for counseling.
Steve in Margate – Apr 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Grant Killian, PHD?
Dr. Killian was a great help in my life. His intelligence and compassion are superior to any psychologist I have ever seen. I wish I had found him sooner. I highly recommend him.
Robert in Boca Raton, FL – May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Grant Killian, PHD?
I came to Dr. Killian with several relationship problems and quite overweight. After 4 visits my life was getting back to normal. I began working on my weight recently. Dr. Killian is very gentle and easy to talk to. I feel very comfortable talking with him. He understands the problem and his...Read More
Abraham P. in Boca Raton, FL – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Grant Killian, PHD?
Dr. Killian is a very caring, compassionate and understanding individual. His clinical expertise has given me insight into myself which has helped me move forward in life in a very positive way. He is extremely perceptive. He listens, explains and teaches in a very nonjudgmental manner. I highly...Read More
Pompano Beach, FL – Aug 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Grant Killian, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Killian?