Goldie Rabaev, LPC

Goldie Rabaev, LPC

Psychotherapy  |
Goldie Rabaev, LPC is a psychotherapy provider who practices in East Brunswick, NJ. She is 40 years old. Read her story

6 Auer Ct Ste D

East Brunswick, NJ 08816

• LifeSynch
  • QualCare

Learn about Goldie Rabaev

Goldie Rabaev's bio

This content was provided by Goldie Rabaev "I have a MSEd in Counseling and Personnel Services from Fordham University. I am currently licensed to practice independently in New York and New Jersey. While working on my degree, I was introduced and became intrigued with the 'Existential' approach to psychotherapy. I especially connected with the idea that a person has responsibility and control over themselves. I believed that this concept is very empowering. Although an individual may be suffering from a situation or a physical condition, which they are not in a position to change, they can certainly take control of their thoughts and feelings in regards to the situation. Prior to opening a private practice, I was a Group Home Psychologist for dually diagnosed adults with 'Developmental Disabilities' and 'Psychiatric Disorders'. The therapy modality in the group homes were strictly limited to 'Behavioral' and in some case 'Cognitive Behavioral'. At first this seemed like a total contradiction to my Existential philosophy, however, the more I worked with this approach the more I came to realize that 'Behavioral' and 'Cognitive Behavioral' approaches are excellent tools that flow perfectly with 'Existentialism'. Merging the two approaches, I can now take the ideas of controlling your own emotions and give people the actual behavioral tools to be able to do so successfully. I advanced this approach further with EMDR. People usually experience very strong feelings of helplessness after a trauma. EMDR is a relatively fast approach used in conjunction with therapy that allows a person to gain back a sense of control and stability over his or her life while eradicating anxiety symptoms such as nightmares, flashbacks, fears, difficulty breathing, etc., so that a person can get back to his or her normal routine. I truly believe and integrate the words of Irvin Yalom (my favorite Existential therapist) to "invent" a unique approach for every patient we are honored to work with. Goldie Rabaev, Founder of Life Psychotherapy"

This content was provided by Goldie Rabaev "Since each person is unique, as a therapist I feel that the approach to therapy should be unique as well. To that end I combine existential philosophy with cognitive behavioral tools thus allowing a person to feel empowered to take concrete actions in order to change or cope with his/her current level of distress and achieve success in improving everyday life."

• Psychotherapy
  • ADHD Parent Coaching
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Goldie Rabaev does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Baruch College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • Fordham University
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Goldie Rabaev has no awards or honors listed.

Goldie Rabaev has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Goldie Rabaev does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Goldie Rabaev and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Goldie Rabaev's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Goldie Rabaev to family and friends
Goldie Rabaev's Performance
in Nj |
It Has Been My Pleasure Dealing with Goldie. She Has Helped me Come Through a Very Bad Situation and To Deal with It. She Has Shown Me Ways to Deal With it and Also Easy Ways to Work Through it when I Think About it and I Am Having a Really Bad Day. Goldie Helps You Feel Very Comfortable to Speak with Her. I Would Definitely Recommend Goldie to Family and Friends 100%.
in Old Bridge nj |
I met with Goldie to deal with childhood physical abuse. I had been living with memories for almost 50 years, unable to manage the anxiety and emotional connection to the abuse. Goldie recommended EMDR and it changed my life. I always felt safe, secure, and knew that Goldie had my best interests at heart. She is kind, compassionate, and very knowledgeable. If you are suffering from past abuse memories of any kind, make an appointment with Goldie for EMDR. The benefits are truly life changing.
in Aberdeen, NJ |
Both my husband and I felt comfortable with and respected Goldie. We always gained a lot of insight and always walked away feeling better even when the conversations got tough. Goldie understood how we got to where we were and helped us understand each others pain and how to avoid making it worse. Goldie has enabled us to now weather some stressful events in our life. I know that if we did not find Goldie we would not be together now. I am so grateful for the direction Goldie has given us.
in Old Bridge, NJ |
We began seeing Goldie for marriage counseling almost s year ago. She is very pleasant to discuss issues with and is very insightful and offers very sound advice and real strategies for resolving conflicts
Jersey City, NJ |
I think Goldie is an excellent counselor. She listens and she relates your experiences to other people's experiences. She advised me to try other ways of looking at things in a more positive manner. She is a voice of reason when that is needed. I would recommend Goldie to everybody.
in old bridge nj |
Goldie is a caring and compassionate therapist. She helped me to deal with issues with my marriage and with myself. I highly recommend her.
in Hazlet, NJ |
I have been seeing Goldie for over 5 years, first for marriage and now for individual counseling. From our very 1st session, I have been completely at ease with Goldie as her professional style and overall personality promote a feeling of relaxation. For many people it is not easy to admit to themselves they need or can benefit from counseling, and I was one of those people, however as I write this, I realize it was the best decision I ever made, as both me and my marriage are in a great place
Goldie by far is the best counselor that I have been to. She is knowledgeable and understands the problems I bring to her. Her feedback and advise on how to handle situations are second to none. I have recommended Goldie in the past and will continue to so.
Have you seen Goldie Rabaev, LPC?
Are you Goldie Rabaev?