Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW

Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW is a psychotherapist in Somers Point, NJ. She specializes in psychotherapy, marriage & family therapy, and more.Read her story

10 E New York Ave Ste 1

Somers Point, NJ 08244

Learn about Dr. Innocente

Dr. Innocente's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Innocente "I am a doctoral-level therapist with over 20 years experience in direct practice. I have worked as a therapist, professor, clinical supervisor, guest lecturer and consultant in various inpatient and outpatient settings. I advanced my knowledge and skill through extensive education and training, completing a certification in advanced clinical practice from New York University in 2006, and a doctoral degree in clinical social work (DSW) from the University of Pennsylvania in 2015. I have been in private practice since 2004 where I offer individual, group, and couples therapy to adults and adolescents. I offer trainings and workshops on telecommunication in mental health practice and on attachment in trauma therapy. I work with people who struggle with issues such as depression, anxiety, OCD, substance abuse, grief/loss, low self-esteem, relationship and family conflict, and trauma. I am relationally-oriented therapist with a theoretical foundation that incorporates modern attachment, object-relations, and regulation theories. My approach is one that is interactive, conversational and comfortable, as I believe this creates an optimal environment for growth. I believe important to bring my true self and personality into our work. This often includes spontaneity, creativity, humor and laughter. My clients would probably describe me and my practice "real," making it easier to show their feelings and to allow their true selves to emerge."

This content was provided by Dr. Innocente "The primary problems with which most of my clients present are anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, relationship difficulties, and trauma.  I view most problems as manifestations of disturbances in interpersonal relationships. We often cling persistently to the past, where early dysfunctional patterns of relating to others created templates for future relationships; such templates lead to undesirable or distorted beliefs and expectations of ourselves and others. My role as a therapist is to help undo the effects of these earlier damaging interactions - by recognizing such patterns when they become enacted, identifying the ramifications of old patterns, and practicing new ways of relating to others."

• Psychotherapy
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy

Dr. Innocente does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Couples Therapy
  • Individual Therapy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Education data for Dr. Innocente is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Innocente has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Innocente has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Innocente does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Innocente and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Innocente's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Innocente

Dr. Innocente?
Dr. Innocente's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW
RecentHighestLowest
Changed my life and helped me address deep-rooted traumatic experiences.
Jun 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW?
Dr. G is the 4th therapist I've seen. I told her I wanted to do CBT therapy because it worked in the past. She told she wouldn't use it with me because I would not be returning to therapy a 4th time if it had really worked. I am so grateful I listened. I didn't know this is how therapy is ...Read More
Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gina Innocente, DSW?

How was your experience with Dr. Innocente?