Gerald Thauberger, MS

Marriage & Family TherapyMale

Marriage & Family Therapy

Gerald Thauberger, MS is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Yuba City, CA.

Gerald Thauberger, MS
1095 Stafford Way Ste E Yuba City, CA 95991

Gerald Thauberger's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Gerald Thauberger

2.3

I was forced to go to counseling during my parents' divorce because my manipulative mother told the court that I had mental issues in an effort to get 50% custody of me and avoid paying child support. The court did not oblige her, but I was supposed to attend sessions with Dr. Thauberger. On the first meeting he told me that my mom is not right in the head. Then when I had a session with her present, he took her side and I stopped going, not that I ever wanted to do counseling in the first place. I found this action disgusting as my mom was cheating on my dad at the time in addition to a multitude of other bad things she was doing, but I could not bring these up in counseling as she would have accused me and my dad of slander and created problems outside of therapy. Dr. Thauberger told me that he was "not surprised" that I didn't have a girlfriend at the time (I was 15) and implied that I am the one who has problems, not my mom. A clear contradiction of his previous statements.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Gerald Thauberger, MS?
I have severe depressive episodes and paranoid behaviors, both conditions of which I told him, and he did nothing to help me. I asked him to treat me and, in the end, he didn’t. Want to chit chat about nothing for an hour? Find an actual friend you don’t have to pay. He does not interact with his patients and makes no efforts to do so.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Oroville, CA – Nov 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gerald Thauberger, MS?
I have been with this therapist for over 2 years now, working through various issues and ongoing life crises, and I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have found him. I have seen multiple therapists in my life, and Jerry has proven to be the kindest, most compassionate, and most helpful of all of them, which is why I have stayed with him for so long and intend to continue. He is an attentive listener who provides invaluable counsel, and he has helped me more than I can truly convey.
Yuba City, CA – Sep 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gerald Thauberger, MS?

How was your experience with Gerald Thauberger?