Georgeanne Freeman, MPH

Georgeanne Freeman, MPH

Family MedicineFemaleAge 55

Georgeanne Freeman, MPH is a Family Medicine Specialist in Austin, TX. She is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Georgeanne Freeman to book an appointment.

Downtown Doctor

Downtown Doctor1611 W 5th St Ste 180 Austin, TX 78703

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

Georgeanne Freeman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Georgeanne Freeman

2.6

Georgeanne Freeman?
Great staff and service. Recommend.
Feb 12, 2021
Great practice
Jess – Feb 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
Dr Freeman has transformed my life! I’m a work in progress but I’ve lost weight, improved my thought pattern, become happier & healthier. She is a very caring, empathetic & thoughtful professional. I’m fortunate to have found her!!
Gloria Gonzalez – Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
I went into the clinic in 2017. After my visit, I was sent a laundry list of charges, including services that never happened such as receiving stitches. I called in to clear up the confusion around the "extra" charges, and I was told the charges in my bill were dropped and my balance was now zero. Fast forward to today -- I received a phone call from Downtown Doctor regarding additional payment for a "service" provided 3 years ago, threatening to send the balance on my bill to collections. When I asked them to itemize the charges, they could not tell me anything. They promised to send a bill to my email before the day was over, which I never received. They also told me they had mailed a bill to my old address, so I went there to find one bill dated two weeks ago. The bill they sent had only 2 lines, and was completely different from my bill from 3 years ago (which I still have) from 3 years ago. Please save yourself from the headache of going to this doctor.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
As a relatively new patient, I trust Dr. Freeman 100%! She is incredibly knowledgeable about the latest medical guidelines, and is incredibly smart, ethical, and honest. I've been consistently coming here for the past few weeks for several issues that no one else has addressed as well. I immediately loved the entire office staff and her fun personality. The office a positive and empowering place. She is super cool, caring and confident in her skills. I esp love what the IV hydration therapy is doing for my energy and giving me skin goals! I feel bad for the disgruntled people who had such extreme experiences... but I can say with confidence that the Downtown Doctor office that I go to today is nothing but good vibes - not the way people in the past have described it... and I feel like the team deserves a shout out for going above and beyond.
Allison M – Aug 22, 2020
Mom
Page – Aug 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
Predatory billing and loose with prescriptions. Dr. Freeman's nurse informed me before I filled out her lengthy intake forms that they accepted my insurance. Dr. Freeman was cheerful and clearly willing to prescribe anything, and I had an idea of what I wanted and preferred the short call, so I was ok with the fact that she asked fewer questions than a drug dealer might. It's clear that she is there to give you whatever you want and a more thorough approach would be time consuming. After my second visit, I was given a weirdly aggressive request for a credit card by James at the front desk. I informed him that I had full coverage insurance and was told on intake when I submitted photos of both sides that my insurance was accepted. When I called, my insurance company informed me that Dr.Freeman had allowed her validation with my insurance company to expire a year prior, so their claim was denied. The amount they attempted to bill the insurance company was shocking, $344 for a 15 minute z
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Catherine merrick – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
I saw Dr Freeman for a routine 6-mo check up to see if my Rx needed any adjustments. It did, so we scheduled another appointment 30 days out to check in and get a longer term refill. When I showed up for my appointment I was told that my insurer no longer covers this practice and that I would have to pay out of pocket. I said I would talk to my insurer, but regardless my new 30 day Rx was about to run out so to please schedule me for the soonest available appointment. I was willing to pay out of pocket to have my Rx refilled. At that point I was told I should've had blood work done prior to getting a refill. Why didn't they tell me that at my appointment 30 days ago? I schedule an appt for one week out to get my refill and go get my blood work done in the meantime. 10 mins before I have not received a notification to join the virtual appt so I call the office only to discover they never even scheduled me! Meanwhile I have gone cold turkey off of my Rx for a week. NEGLIGENCE.
Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
I went in because I have had trouble sleeping for 3 weeks now( only sleeping 1-2 hrs per night). I told Ms. Rose, the nurse practitioner, that I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. I wanted something short term to help me sleep. She prescribed a antidepressant without telling me. When I found out(while picking up at pharmacy) I called the office to try and sort things out as I have never been diagnosed with depression, nor are depression medications short term( even pharmacists was confused as to why I would get antidepressant for sleep). I was promised multiple times she would call back and she never did. After 48 hrs I called again and I was told that’s what she felt I needed for depression. I immediately told them I was not diagnosed nor told anything about depression, she then said “oh yeah I’m sorry I mean for anxiety”. Who ever I spoke with on the phone said that Ms Rose said I needed to make another appointment if I wanted speak to her or to get a different medicatio
Freddy Alonzo – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
Check reviews on all these sites, Dr Freeman should not be in medicine. I was misdiagnosed with incorrect ICD-9 codes (despite ICD-10 being most recent), and then dropped from the practice when I called her out. I need ongoing hormone treatments, this wasn't for a routine checkup. She also missed my hyperthyroidism symptoms because she threw me out of her office too fast to properly analyze my lab work. Egotistical doesn't even begin to cover it. Everything is nice and fine, until there's a problem. Then it's YOUR fault. I've never had a worse experience with a physician, and I hope I can get back on my meds before I run out. Avoid this doctor at All Costs.
Trans in Austin – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
As a transgender person I went to Dr. Freeman for HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) and out of all my doctors I've had she was by far the MOST unprofessional and bordering malpractice at that! She had me come in nearly 2 to 3 times as much as my previous doctors and the insurance was useless because she always "charged it wrong" and "didn't know what to do"... I asked her about the frequent visits and she left the room. I've never been back, and 3 of my friends has similar experiences. DO NOT GO
You know who. in Leander, TX – Feb 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
Impersonal and uninterested in patients. Felt like I was being pitched a MLM scheme. Not recommended if you want a doctor who is interested in what you have to say.
Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
My husband and I have been seeing Dr Freeman for several years without issue. While the office staff could be more attentive at times, Dr Freeman, the PAs and nurses have always been on point.
Kristin S in Austin, TX – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
Shady billing practices and incredibly unprofessional in demeanor. Loud, snarky, and obnoxious. Avoid at all costs. Her clinic is filled with people who behave just as she does.
Austin, TX – Jan 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?
This awful woman should never be in charge of anyones healthcare . Absolute narcissism at it finest ... Her ego ban barely fit through the door, her front desk is a nightmare ...and you can never get return calls . Ohhh the ways life shall humble the! If you think for yourself or want to be part of the consideration in your healthcare , she will try to humiliate you, manipulate you and treat you like your disabled . Despicable practice , disposable woman .... reported to medical board promptly
Austin, TX – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Georgeanne Freeman, MPH?

How was your experience with Georgeanne Freeman?

1 board action Found
  • Pre-signing Prescriptions (12/4/2020)View details
No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Georgeanne Freeman treats your condition or procedure

Georgeanne Freeman's conditions and procedures:

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Abdominal Pain
  • Acne
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Acute Laryngitis
  • Ataxia
  • Bladder Diseases
  • Bladder Infection
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bronchitis
  • Chronic Pharyngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Cold Sore
  • Confusion
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Dehydration
  • Diarrhea
  • Dizziness
  • Dysentery
  • Dysphagia
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Ear Ache
  • Fever
  • Folliculitis
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Genital Herpes
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Magnesium Metabolism Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Mineral Metabolism Disorders
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Otitis Media
  • Outer Ear Infection
  • Overweight
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pap Smear
  • Rapid Flu Test
  • Ringworm
  • Rosacea
  • Sepsis
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Shingles
  • Tobacco Use Disorder
  • Tremor
  • Ulcer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Wheezing
  • Yeast Infections

Georgeanne Freeman accepts

737-276-4566

Georgeanne Freeman accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO

Good, old-fashioned service; tranquil, positive and beautiful environment; comprehensive individualized care, and empowering, supporting and uplifting all who work here.

Telehealth Visits Are Available.

2001