Neurology  |
Male
George Shwab IV, FNP-BC
I have been a nurse practitioner since 1994 and worked in several disciplines of medicine including internal medicine, pain management, gastroenterology, along with neurosurgery and neurology for many years. I owe much of my clinical skills to the various precepting physicians over the many years of practice and their willingness to teach me the pearls of medicine. Prior to completing my masters in nursing, I have spent many years as a floor nurse, a charge nurse, and worked in the MICU as well as numerous summer jobs in local operating rooms and working in nursing homes while obtaining my BSN degree from Vanderbilt. I feel all of these various roles have given me a wonderful gift with respect to dealing with patients, families, and other clinicians. Also one incredible internal medicine doctor who I first worked with in private practice in Madison, TN. Dr. Pamela Brown taught me to seek answers and gather the data before ever considering a referral to a specialist. This approach has helped me over the years and big thank you for this clinical persistence is in order to this incredibly bright but now retired doctor.

Saint Thomas Medical Partners-Neurology

4230 Harding Pike # 535

Nashville, TN 37205

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Medicare
  • POMCO Group

Learn about George Shwab IV

My personal goal for each and every patient I have cared for over the 24 years as a nurse practitioner is to try and help improve the quality of their lives by finding the best treatments plus educating them on ways to help themselves get better. Getting to the bottom of a problem but being careful not to forget other factors that may have huge impacts on the many neurological diseases seen in clinical practice. With this said, nothing works if I'm not listening to my patients. With this  approach I'm hearing and focusing on the patient's needs  whether big or small. This is how good clinical practice yields better clinical outcomes.

Saint Thomas Medical Group and the Sisters of Charity have also provided me with some of the best care team supports that allow me to practice and spend more time taking care of the patient versus wrestling with insurance companies. Come see this difference at this practice.

• Neurology
  • Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

George Shwab IV does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Ataxia
  • Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
  • Insomnia
  • Memory Loss
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sports-Related Concussion
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Electrodiagnostic Procedure
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Neurological Testing

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Vanderbilt University School of Nursing graduated magna cum BSN
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1987
  • See above
    Medical School | Graduated
  • N/A
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Masters Of Nursing, Vanderbilt University School Of Nursing With Honors
    Other Education | Completed 1994

George Shwab IV has no awards or honors listed.

George Shwab IV has no media or publications listed.

George Shwab IV does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are George Shwab IV and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

George Shwab IV's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending George Shwab IV to family and friends
George Shwab IV Says:

I strongly believe surveys are the key to helping indentifying practice issues that need fixing. In today's markets of advanced electronic media, many patients are checking out their potential new providers long before that first appointment. The surveys are pivotal in helping patients find good providers. A big thanks goes out to those folks who take the time to review their provider. It does make a difference in the long run!

George Shwab IV's Performance
in White House, TN |
George Shwab is one of the best nurse practitioners/physician's assistant that I have had in all of my years dealing with MS, and a combination of neurological conditions. He always listens and responds with answers to any question that I have. He doesn't rush through my office visits and is very thorough because he really does care. That is very important to me. I would recommend him to ANYBODY seeking to find someone that is knowledgeable in the neuro field.
in Belfasat, TN |
My experience with George Shwab was amazing. His compassion for my issue was evident throughout the whole visit. He answered all of my questions and gave me enough information about my issue that I was very well educated by end of my visit. I will definitely go back to see him.
in Nashville, TN |
I am thankful to have the opportunity to share my experience as George's patient. I work hard to stay healthy and manage my cervical issues with weight management, exercise, etc... However, that simply doesn't always work. He is respectful of my view of healthcare, but makes sure I completely understand my diagnosis, potential risk, and all available options. I couldn't be happier or trust his judgement more.
White House, TN |
He started out being a caring and understanding NP but in the long run were told nothing he could do to help and in everything I read regarding what was going on, neurologist are to stay involved in treatment.
In some neurological diseases, treatment plans and outcomes are not merely based on medications alone but the patient's active participation in their treatment plan and willingness to follow thru. Please note that some neurological diseases are complex and difficult to affect good outcomes no matter therapies or treatments are chosen. I want to thank this individual for their time and candid feedback as well George A. Shwab IV, MSN, FNP-BC
Nashville, TN |
George has been instrumental in helping find the correct solution to relieving headaches brought on by TBI. When a medical emergency occurred he was readily available and more than willing to provide the necessary guidance to prevent tragedy. I am grateful for the professional relationship with George and Dr. Brandes' practice.
Thank you for this feedback and allowing me the opportunity to assist in your care. George A. Shwab IV, MSN, FNP-BC
Have you seen George Shwab IV, FNP-BC?

See our Neurology Specialist at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center

Visit George Shwab IV

George Shwab IV accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Network S
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA