Dr. George Pratt, PHD

Clinical PsychologyMale

Clinical Psychology

Dr. George Pratt, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in La Jolla, CA and has over 46 years of experience in the healthcare field. He graduated from California School Of Professional Psychology, San Diego in 1976. He is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. George Pratt, PHD
9834 Genesee Ave Ste 321 La Jolla, CA 92037

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice in La Jolla, California for over 30 years, specializing in mind/body techniques, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and performance enhancement. I am Past-Chairman of Psychology, Sc..."

- Dr. George Pratt, PHD

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Traditional Therapy – done online

Traditional Therapy – done online

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Pratt treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Pratt's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Stress Management

Dr. Pratt accepts

Dr. Pratt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pratt

Nice doctor but expensive and not very effective
I saw Dr. Pratt a few times. In the end I determined it was not worth the expense.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I saw Dr. George Pratt in September and he changed my life. It was a goal of mine in 2021 to finally meet with Dr. Pratt, and my visit was more than I expected. Since my visit with Dr. Pratt, I have been more focused, I understand things in my life better, and business has been growing. I am looking forward to my next visit with Dr. Pratt. Thank you very everything George, you changed my life and I am forever grateful. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Mark T. – Feb 23, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
My meeting with Dr Pratt was via Skype. He showed me some techniques to get my chakra energy aligned and work on my stress. I will work with him again when I have the opportunity.
  • Appointment was rushed
Raul T – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
George taught me how self soothe and regulate things I could never do before. I was diagnosed with PTSD and truly did not know how much I was not calm. My mental health was affecting every area of my life. Thanks to George I have accomplished more than I ever did with normal traditional talk therapy.
Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. George Pratt has a wonderful reputation for a reason. He has a calming presence and an assuring attitude. He listens deeply to the issue at hand and quickly devises a supportive solution. Through various methods, he triggers rapid and significant changes in one’s thoughts and behaviors. He is a wealth of knowledge having developed mastery in countless treatment methods, and George is generous with his time, energy and expertise. If you’re looking to change specific self-sabotaging thoughts and behaviors, you’ve found a doctor worthy of your endeavor.
Andrea Savo – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I cherish my time with Dr. George Pratt.
Jim – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is intuitive and extraordinary. Professional, relatable and kind. His work in the field and his background speaks for itself. Whether it be healing past traumas, feeling better, or unclouding the daily fog of distress he seems able to assist with it all effectively and quickly.
Ryan – Oct 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Great to talk to and very helpful!
Oct 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I had a visit with George in April 2020. While I was in the sessions I was skeptical, I guess what I was expecting was an unrealistic "quick fix". After our session, I was objectively calmer and more relaxed. The world had a higher definition to it also. I felt my thoughts more clearly and had more control over them. The next morning however... with no exaggeration, The first thing I became conscious too as I woke up, was the word "confidence". As if it were seared into the front of my mind. That entire weekend, I had seemingly unlimited energy and happiness. It was if I was recharged battery. I felt so alive and recharged. Now in 2021, I sleep 100% better and I haven't had any doubts of myself or crippling anxiety as I did before seeing George. I've lost 25 lbs and increased my income considerably. I would go as far as to say that George is a real-life Genie. I'm excited to go back and amplify everything else. Thank you George!
Brian Clark – Mar 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I originally started working with George to have more success. At the time I was working against myself and doing things the hard way. Doing a lot of traveling and had no relationship with some family and a below average marriage. Over the last bit of time working with George managed move out of a small studio apartment now into a large house on 5 acres. I have reunited with family members and have reconnected in a meaningful way. My marriage is stronger than it has ever been before and I'm truly there to be a good husband. On top of that I lost 25 lbs without really focusing on it. All because George is helping me to get out of my own way and step into a better me.
JD – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Quite simply, George is amazing. I cannot overstate the benefits I am experiencing in working with him for my depression and anxiety. His energy psychology techniques are both cutting edge and simply to use. I get immediate results working with him. I am so grateful to be working with George.
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Sometimes I would engage in activities (bing-watching a TV Series or YouTube, unhealthy food etc.) that were clearly not in alignment with who I truly am. George was able to get into the subconscious in ways I wasn't even aware of existed & has helped me to let go off some old 'traumas' & emotional 'knots'. The next day, right away I felt much more centered & even calmer than usual. I've done many many hours of mediation over the past 10 years that have helped me to usually be the calmest person in the room, but this was something different. Now 2 months later, I was able to observe the tremendous benefits even more. I'm naturally much more focused, can work on 1 task at a time for much longer, things that previously took "will power" to do, I just do & enjoy them now since they're helping me move forward so there's no need for resistance. As he said "guilt seeks punishment" & that was probably one of the biggest things he helped me to leave behind, subconscious guilt.
V – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an amazing psychologist. I've been working through a lot of childhood trauma for over 20 year and have gone to many psychologists, counselors, and healers of all kinds. Although I received some healing using multiple treatment modalities and reading a plethora of self help books, these strategies were not enough to lift the heaviness I felt in my heart and throughout my body. After just 3 sessions with Dr. Pratt and daily practices he taught me, I can say that the depression I felt for most of my life has lifted, and I feel so much better. Working with him has truly been a miracle, and I'm so grateful for his services. The money I spent was worth every penny. Be ready to eliminate those negative, yucky feelings that go with you where ever you go. If you are suffering from emotional pain and have tried everything, then it's time for you to give Dr. Pratt a call. You deserve to feel good. Blessings to you!
Chris – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an amazing Clinical Psychologist. He has helped me with many aspects of my past and i look forward to continue to work with him
Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
My visit with Dr. Pratt was very helpful! I found the session invigorating, and the exercises and techniques he provided me with to use going forward have been extremely valuable. I highly recommend him!
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt's authentic and genuine energy and care are incredible and have helped me on so many levels. I really enjoy his sessions and his presence. Truly amazing experience! It makes you feel very peaceful.
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Great experience with Dr. Pratt, highly recommend using him!
Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an absolute master of his craft, and has an incredible gift. If you have deep rooted desires for change- this man can change your life.
Jeremy Griffin – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt was very helpful.
Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Initially I was apprehensive about seeing another doctor. I didn’t think anyone could help me overcome my traumas. I am so thankful that I followed the signs and took the leap of faith to sit down and do a session with George. He is an amazing doctor with a very special gift! I am a recent college graduate so spending money like this was tough but worth every penny and I look forward to more sessions with Dr. Pratt soon! He has helped me tremendously and I’ve never felt so empowered and genuinely happy in a long time. He definitely charged my battery that dimmed my light. My friends and family even noticed a change in my energy. If you are struggling with anything in your life, seeing Dr. Pratt is a great place to start.
Kat – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pratt?