Dr. George Pratt, PHD

Clinical Psychology •  Male

Dr. Pratt
9834 Genesee Ave Ste 321 La Jolla, CA 92037

Dr. George Pratt, PHD is a Clinical Psychologist in La Jolla, CA and has over 44 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from California School Of Professional Psychology, San Diego medical school in 1976. He is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pratt to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

See similar Clinical Psychologists in La Jolla

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Pratt accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Pratt treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Pratt's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. George Pratt, PHD...

Communicate via email?

Offer evening visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Dr. Pratt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pratt

Dr. Pratt?
Quite simply, George is amazing. I cannot overstate the benefits I am experiencing in working with him for my depression and anxiety. His energy psychology techniques are both cutting edge and simply to use. I get immediate results working with him. I am so grateful to be working with George.
Mar 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Sometimes I would engage in activities (bing-watching a TV Series or YouTube, unhealthy food etc.) that were clearly not in alignment with who I truly am. George was able to get into the subconscious in ways I wasn't even aware of existed & has helped me to let go off some old 'traumas' & emotional 'knots'. The next day, right away I felt much more centered & even calmer than usual. I've done many many hours of mediation over the past 10 years that have helped me to usually be the calmest person in the room, but this was something different. Now 2 months later, I was able to observe the tremendous benefits even more. I'm naturally much more focused, can work on 1 task at a time for much longer, things that previously took "will power" to do, I just do & enjoy them now since they're helping me move forward so there's no need for resistance. As he said "guilt seeks punishment" & that was probably one of the biggest things he helped me to leave behind, subconscious guilt.
V – Feb 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an amazing psychologist. I've been working through a lot of childhood trauma for over 20 year and have gone to many psychologists, counselors, and healers of all kinds. Although I received some healing using multiple treatment modalities and reading a plethora of self help books, these strategies were not enough to lift the heaviness I felt in my heart and throughout my body. After just 3 sessions with Dr. Pratt and daily practices he taught me, I can say that the depression I felt for most of my life has lifted, and I feel so much better. Working with him has truly been a miracle, and I'm so grateful for his services. The money I spent was worth every penny. Be ready to eliminate those negative, yucky feelings that go with you where ever you go. If you are suffering from emotional pain and have tried everything, then it's time for you to give Dr. Pratt a call. You deserve to feel good. Blessings to you!
Chris – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an amazing Clinical Psychologist. He has helped me with many aspects of my past and i look forward to continue to work with him
Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
My visit with Dr. Pratt was very helpful! I found the session invigorating, and the exercises and techniques he provided me with to use going forward have been extremely valuable. I highly recommend him!
Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt's authentic and genuine energy and care are incredible and have helped me on so many levels. I really enjoy his sessions and his presence. Truly amazing experience! It makes you feel very peaceful.
Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Great experience with Dr. Pratt, highly recommend using him!
Jan 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is an absolute master of his craft, and has an incredible gift. If you have deep rooted desires for change- this man can change your life.
Jeremy Griffin – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt was very helpful.
Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Initially I was apprehensive about seeing another doctor. I didn’t think anyone could help me overcome my traumas. I am so thankful that I followed the signs and took the leap of faith to sit down and do a session with George. He is an amazing doctor with a very special gift! I am a recent college graduate so spending money like this was tough but worth every penny and I look forward to more sessions with Dr. Pratt soon! He has helped me tremendously and I’ve never felt so empowered and genuinely happy in a long time. He definitely charged my battery that dimmed my light. My friends and family even noticed a change in my energy. If you are struggling with anything in your life, seeing Dr. Pratt is a great place to start.
Kat – Dec 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
My Experience with Dr. Pratt was outstanding.! I highly recommend him as he is an expert in his field.
Fletch Dyak – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I echo many of the reviews below. Dr. Pratt has transformed my day-to-day life since I first saw him. He was able to help me past a subconscious block that had effected me for years. Since the first visit, my sense of inner peace and calmness has increased tremendously. I have since referred others in my life to him and have chosen the nickname "Yoda" for him. Thank you Yoda.
Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Ten years suffering post traumatic stress and did a complete 180 right after session. Highly recommend.
Chris B – Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I can’t say enough how grateful I am of this amazing gift that Dr. George Pratt has. He has changed the way I see things. I now am able to enjoy the moment, I see things different, I’m way more efficient and that little voice inside of my head is gone. I love myself way more and I am sure that what I want to do in my time here on Earth will work. Thank you so much Dr. George Pratt
Daniel Huertas – Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Amazing! I have tried so many different therapies and therapists and nothing has ever worked. I had my first 90 min session with Dr. Pratt today and the changes I have made in just 7 hours since my session are amazing. I still have more work to do with Dr. Pratt in the coming weeks but all I can say is I have never felt better in the last 37 years! I have suffered from severe depression since age 12, chronic disorganization, marital issues, and self sabotaging my finances and after 1 session with Dr. Pratt, I finally feel normal again. Thank you so much!
Marcey – Sep 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt was extremely helpful navigating me through a very stressful time!
Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
I have suffered painful disabilities and health problems for many years including chronic pain issues. Dr Pratt, with his innovative techniques, has given me renewed hope and faith that physical pain cannot rob me of “the joy of life” my life is much improved and I look forward to more visits in the future with Dr Pratt and his awesome assistant Heather. My husband and I both feel blessed to have found them.
May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr. Pratt is incredible! He helped me on my first visit, it was just wonderful to see such fast results. I'm immensely grateful and feel blessed that I found Dr. Pratt. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking professional phycological care!
May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Dr Pratt is one of the best! I have had immediate success with with techniques. Im provided with daily homework that helps keep me sharp and improving my daily success. Thank you George!
May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
It was everything I was looking for.
May 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. George Pratt, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pratt?

I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice in La Jolla, California for over 30 years, specializing in mind/body techniques, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and performance enhancement. I am Past-Chairman of Psychology, Scripps Memorial Hospital, La ...Read more

• Clinical Psychology

1970
University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
Ba Cum Laude 1970, Ma 1973

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Pratt communicate via email?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Pratt offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Pratt offer an online patient portal?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Pratt have free onsite parking?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Pratt offer weekend visits?

No responses yet. What's your ?

• Does Dr. Pratt offer evening visits?

Please call the office to learn more. (858) 457-3900