Clinical Psychology  |
Psychology

9834 Genesee Ave Ste 321

La Jolla, CA 92037

Learn about Dr. Pratt

I'm a clinical psychologist in private practice in La Jolla, California for over 30 years, specializing in mind/body techniques, psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and performance enhancement. I am Past-Chairman of Psychology, Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla and have been on staff for 25 years.  I serve on the Physician Health & Well-Being Committee for Scripps.  I'm co-author of Code to Joy, Instant Emotional Healing, Hyper-Performance and Clinical Hypnosis Primer. I am a Fellow and Approved Consultant of the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis & Diplomate-Integrative Academy of Pain Management & Diplomate-Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology.  Member: American Psychological Assoc., National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, California Psychological Assoc., San Diego Psychological Assoc. & San Diego Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Past-President). I have taught at Univ. of Minnesota, Pepperdine Univ-Visiting Prof. and Univ. of CA, SD-ext.

• Clinical Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Hypnosis
  • Pain Management
  • Psychological Trauma

Dr. Pratt does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• Ba Cum Laude 1970, Ma 1973
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1970
  • California School Of Professional Psychology, San Diego
    Medical School | Graduated 1976
  • San Diego County Mental Health, Mesa Vista Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Pratt has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pratt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pratt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pratt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pratt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pratt to family and friends
Dr. Pratt's Performance
Los Angeles |
Amazing Doctor. Life-changing.
in San Diego |
I highly recommend Dr. George Pratt. He has changed my life.
in Los Gatos, CA |
Life-altering! Brilliant! Compassionate! Deeply concerned and committed to his patients! Dr. Pratt has altered the trajectory of my life. It wasn't bad before Dr. Pratt. I just felt like an 8 cylinder car running only on 3 and bad fuel. After Dr. Pratt, to my delighted chagrin, I now see that I didn't have to tolerate 8 cylinders, I now feel like a 12 cylinder sports coupe. After decades of therapists, anti-depressants and feeling "meh", I now feel like bursting into song and dance. WOW!
Austin, TX |
It's been a pleasure to work with Dr Pratt. He has helped me overcome many deep memories that I was not aware were still blocking my success in life. He's been insightful, professional, respectful and caring. I highly recommend working with him on the areas you want to improve in your life. - ejw
in Mount Kisco, NY |
Sometimes words are not enough to describe a profound experience. I am not prone to hyperbole, but That is how George has changed my life, and again words cannot express my gratitude, suffice it to say, I thank you from the full and open heart, and my clear and conscious mind, made so by your extraordinary practice.
in San Diego, CA |
Highly recommended to improve your potential :)
in Redondo Beach, CA |
I stumbled upon Dr. Pratt's book "Code to Joy" and knew this was something powerful! At my first session he removed blocks and I had amazing shifts very quickly. My kids wanted appointments and now have tools to utilize throughout their lives. What a gift to have early in life! Dr. Pratt also was able to help my spouse through me (amazing!) and I'm witnessing profound changes I never thought possible. Dr. Pratt is the kindest person you'll meet and what he does is so far ahead of the curve!
in Zapopan, JAL |
A family member of mine referred me to Dr. Pratt. After just one appointment with Dr. Pratt this family member doubled his income the following month and has continued to to see amazing results. I went to see Dr. Pratt for help in achieving the financial freedom that has always eluded me. I find that since my first appointment I am much more focused on achieving my desired outcomes and I have been able to move forward with more clarity and certainty.
In my experiences with Dr. Pratt, I have always found him to be caring, considerate, competent, and completely professional.
in Martinez, CA |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Pratt, an amazing man with an amazing gift that he so generously shares with those seeking guidance. I learned of Dr. Pratt after my brother had several appointments with him and had such incredible success that I booked a couple of appointments myself. I have a new relationship with my brother that I could not have had without Dr. Pratt's gifts. Dr. Pratt has given me the tools to center myself when struggling and it has made a huge difference.
in Marina del Rey |
I went and saw Dr Pratt in La Jolla in early June 2017. Immediately, I felt his calming influence and really appreciated his care and enthusiasm with helping me find practical solutions to the various challenges in my life. He also provided me with materials and other resources to help keep on track for the future. Thanks George!
in San Rafael, CA |
Dr Pratt is wonderful! Insightful, gentle and kind --- there is truth in the ene GT of every word we speak and he can read it like a book. What a sense of relief to feel understood even if you are confused at the start. He brought me much insight and clarity faster than I could have imagined. He gets right to it. I learned so much.
I was referred to Dr. Pratt by a friend and took the leap of faith and held a session with him. I haven't looked back since and am very grateful that I am able to work with Dr. Pratt! He has truly exceeded all of my expectations and continues to help me breakthrough where others and countless products have not. Dr. Pratt has been able to assist me in moving specific barriers for me and his work has had a lasting change in my like. I wish I saw him years ago. Thank you Dr. Pratt!
Portland, OR |
In one session Dr. Pratt was able to help me identify and release years of stuck emotional blocks that were robbing me of energy. He is a very kind, calm and caring physician, while at the same time very efficient in his sessions. I can't thank him enough for his help! Also, 'Code to Joy' is a fantastic book, I highly recommend it to everyone!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr George Pratt is an exceptional psychologist and has helped me with quitting smoking and maintaining a very positive and productive healthful life ever since we met five years ago. I ask for his guidance and feedback several times a year and then attend his Power of Energy Psychology Seminar in Hawaii each summer for a week's refresher on the latest techniques and exercises on meditation. I truly respect his knowledge and experience working on all life issues with positive outcomes.
in San Francisco, CA |
An all around great experience! I felt clam and grounded within minutes.
Pacific Palisades, CA |
in order to feel your best you need to contact the best and dr george pratt is the best!
Corona, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Pratt to anyone. Read his book "Code to Joy". He uses varied approaches to help with your specific issues. He has a warm, caring personality and flexible in working either in person (best for the first visit) or by Skype or phone (best for me). He is far more open-minded about spiritual beliefs than I ever expected to find in a psychologist. I have made some good progress with our sessions. So glad I took the chance to try.
in CA |
It's a blessing to work with George. Dr. Pratt provides highly specialized, unique and exceptional treatment.
San Diego, CA |
I have seen Dr. Pratt occasionally, as needed, for the past 20 years and have always had great service from the office staff and my issues that I sought his assistance with have been directed and resolved in a matter of only a few visit. I highly recommend Dr. Pratt, without reservation.
in Alpine, CA |
Dr.Pratt has been a critical part of my life. He helped me get up when I reached bottom- Because of him and the work we did together (with a lot of consistency and dedication), my life made a 180 degree turn. I feel and notice that what we did was the reason why my life became great again, actually better than ever. Whether it was this work we did or pure coincidence, Id rather say that it is actually due to the work that was put into getting me back up... nothing just happens without the work
in Atlanta. Georgis |
I constantly recommend Dr. Pratt to others and believe so strongly that on occasion I can pay for the first session!
in Encinitas, CA |
Dr. Pratt is caring, compassionate, trust worthy and extremely effective. In just 4 office visits, I feel like my world has completely changed. Everything, from scheduling with the wonderful Heather, to instantly feeling at ease with Dr. Pratt has been a blessing. I truly did not think anything would help my situation, but Dr. Pratt gave me more than hope - he gave me the tools I needed to feel better physically, mentally and emotionally. I am so grateful for his expertise!
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Pratt is highly skilled, capable, and compassionate. If you want to heal just book an appointment. Don't wait. Life is too short to suffer needlessly. Read his book Code to Joy.
George is wonderful, incomparable in my book. I have sought counseling off and on in my life for a variety of reasons. I have had absolutely wonderful counselors over the course of many years. George is the most kind, intuitive, sensitive counselor that has ever assisted me with my issues. His presence in my life is truly an extraordinary gift. I cannot recommend him highly enough. I don't know how I would have gotten through since the death of my dear husband of many years.
Nashville, TN |
I have been helped with anxiety and depressed feelings so much with Dr. Pratt. I've already recommended him to three friends. I have hope for working through some things that have troubled me for years. Very grateful!
in La Mesa, CA |
Dr. George Pratt is an amazing Psychologist. He is very in tune with his patients needs and goals and helps heal and create balance in the mind.
Plano, TX |
Dr Pratt is as warm as he is talented. I remember the first time I visited George and it was days after my dog died. He was empathetic, but more importantly, he took me through a process that allowed me to be with my pups passing without it overtaking me. When I got home that afternoon, I had a full conversation with a friend explaining what had happened to my pup. There are many many more stories to related, but this was the most profound.
San Diego, CA |
Doctor Pratt has helped me with anxiety and PTSD that has been crippling me for years. The results are astounding and he has given me tools to deal with any new stresses coming up. His treatment shows instant and lasting results and my life has taken such a different turn to the better.
in Placentia, CA |
Dr. George Pratt has changed my life. I've spent years in therapy. In session after session after session no one has been able to help me the way George can in one 90 minutes session. He is incredible in not only helping me to heal from a recent divorce, but to also unblock me so that I can reach my full potential in my sales career. In the months when I meet with George I have record business. Thanks George!
in New York City |
Amazing things have automatically happened in my life since starting with Dr. Pratt. And I've had less than 10 sessions so far.
in Kentfield, CA |
Dr Pratt (George) has been of tremendous help to me. Initially, I sought help for clearing depression. Beyond his prodigious knowledge and expertise, immediately assessing and effectively treating my condition, Dr. Pratt is very personable and intuitive. He has helped me to develop protocols for addressing my own health needs. He has a gift. He is a healer.
in OC , CA |
Dr. Pratt is amazing. I met with Dr. Pratt for the first time a couple of weeks ago to address anxiety issues related to career goals. Dr. Pratt is extremely knowledgable and passionate. Shortly into the session he identified potential roadblocks and began treating me. Immediately following the session I felt more at peace and had improved mental clarity.
in Oakland, CA |
I suffered with Depression and Anxiety much of my adult life. My doctors tried every drug with no luck. The anti-depressants always had extreme side-effects on my body that I could not live with. After working with George for a few sessions, I found healing. I'm drug-free and now live a healthy, happy and positive life. Thank you, George.
in Escondido, CA |
Dr. Pratt is a master. Each visit has brought about dramatic personal results. I've brought my grown son and his teenage daughter in to see Dr. Pratt. I've referred him to many friends. We are all still participating patients.
in Lake forest CA |
My Experience with Dr. Pratt has been awesome !!! I would recommend Dr. Pratt to everyone thats looking for a very experienced psychologist. He has helped me in my professional career and my personal everyday life. Im constantly setting many goals for myself while using the mind and body techniques he has taught me over the past 2 times visiting him. This has been a great experience and highly recommend. Thank you Dr. George Pratt !!
Amarillo, TX |
Dr. Pratt is an amazing man who's has done wonders for me after trying many other things. He's also helped loved one of mine in tremendous ways. It's a privilege and an honor to even know him and know he care's about me.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Pratt has helped me in ways no other therapist ever could, including solving blocks and stress associated to an accident that happened years ago. He definitely is at the top of clinical psychology.
in Ventura, CA |
My sessions with Dr. Pratt have made dramatic and immediate differences in my life. Upon completing my first session, my business almost doubled our typical monthly sales, and better than that since working with him my social anxiety is almost non-exististant and my confidence is higher than its ever been. I cannot say enough about how much Dr. Pratt has helped me improve the quality of my life!
in Atlanta, GA |
Great Doctor and great man. If you trying to spend some money on personal development this is it.
in Toulouse, N |
I have met George 2 years ago,he has helped me tremendously to reach my goals,solve some major blocks,and increase my efficiency at work and in my life in general.It is a very caring practitioner.
in San Diego |
Dr. Pratt has changed my life and the lives of my daughters. I have already recommended him to everyone I know and several of my family members and friends have achieved the same level of catharsis and progress as we have. Truly an amazing man.
in Marin, CA |
Dr. Pratt's techniques of tapping & acupressure meridian therapy have lifted me from depression & given me more peace & understanding. I use his balanced breathing, grounding, & self-love meditation daily & my well being has increased exponentially.
in Corona, CA |
Dr. George Pratt is a extremely patient, intuitive, kind, intelligent professional who quickly honed in on the very issues holding me back from moving forward to a more successful and purposeful career. I feel like I made great progress in just one session and can't wait to go back. I highly recommend Dr. Pratt!
in Greenbrae, CA |
I can't thank Dr. Pratt enough for his help. Working with Dr. Pratt has not only reduced my overall anxiety, but helped me take on the California Bar Exam. During the examination, I found myself both calm and collected, which never would have occurred prior to working with Dr. Pratt. I am forever grateful for his assistance. He has helped change my life!
in Ventura, CA |
Dr. Pratt helped me clear up some lifelong issues as well as some recent traumatic experiences. For the first time in a long time I feel clear headed and calm. I will continue to see Dr. Pratt to further eradicate smaller issues and uncover my full potential!
in Venice, California |
My experience with Dr. Pratt was absolutely amazing. He eradicated my emotional blocks that were holding back so much of my potential. I feel absolutely incredible now. I can't wait to continue working with him.
Have you seen Dr. George Pratt, PHD?
Are you Dr. Pratt?