Gelena Hinkley, LM

Midwifery ·  Female

Gelena Hinkley

Natural Birthworks, LLC

513 Melaleuca Dr Margate, FL 33063

Gelena Hinkley, LM is a midwife in Margate, FL and has been practicing for 8 years. She graduated from International School Of Midwifery, Isom in 2010 and specializes in midwifery.

Gelena Hinkley accepts

Gelena Hinkley accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Medicaid HMO
Molina Healthcare
Tricare
Neighborhood Health Partnership

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Gelena Hinkley treats your condition or procedure

• Normal Vaginal Delivery
  • Pregnancy
  • Prenatal Care and Counseling
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

Our philosophy is built around three elements: nurturing, educating, and empowering families. We believe in and embrace the process of pregnancy, labor, and birth as a womens rite of passage. We strive to ensure future parents are aware of all of their birthing options, and the importance of the natural progress of labor. We follow the Midwives Model of Care:

• Midwifery

4.761904761904762%

Gelena Hinkley?
Gelena Hinkley's Performance
What People Say About Gelena Hinkley, LM
Not pleased and BE VERY CAREFUL when it comes to how to use your insurance with them. Be sure you know who is responsible for bloodwork and for the sonogram. If you are out of network, she claims that those procedures are a part of her fee but had my insurance pay for them (making me pay twice essentially). These two were useful when it some comes to info on medical alternatives, generally pleasant, but Gelena is a hot mess when it comes to doing things on time like birth registration, mixes up numbers and units, double books and she has no idea how insurance works. Gelena is incompetent and unprofessional in correspondence. Sandy has a better handle of how to run a business. A week before the birth, they didn't allow for me to use the birthing center and would not say why! After the birth, they turned out to be in-network which meant I overpaid $1500. Not only did Gelena refuse to pay me back, she demanded I pay her $650 to meet her $5500 fee!
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
Our family had a great experience with Gelena as our midwife. She was very patient and kind with all prenatal care. She answered every single one of my “worried” text messages/ phone calls. She thinks ahead of the game and workable with you to prevent problems instead of letting them develop and trying to fix it later. She made it to my birth just in time. Let my husband deliver our baby girl under her supervision. It was a gorgeous experience. We won’t go anywhere else for future births!
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
Gelena was very amazing throughout the course of our pregnancy. She was empathetic, educational, and an all around pleasure to be around. Tonight she helped us bring our baby girl into the world in our very own home. It was an experience that cannot be described in words. I recommend her to anyone interested in water/home births. The journey was truly spectacular. Thank you again Gelena.
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
I have had two amazing home births with Gelena and Sandy. They are both incredible midwives, very knowledgeable and so kind. I wouldn’t have had it any other way. I always felt comfortable and well looked after by these two women. If anyone is looking into having a home birth, look no further!!! You will have an awesome experience with Gelena. She will always have a special place in my heart for delivering my two beautiful children.
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
Gelena’s care surpassed our expectations. She’s professional, knowledgeable, caring and honest. We wouldn’t change a thing about our experience. We look forward to delivering with her again!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
There were so many expectations I had going into my birth. Some things I loved were that she came to my house for appointments. She was very caring during my birth. She is EXTREMELY OVER BOOKED and didn't seem interested in staying with me, even though I was in active labor with my third child. When I called her an hour later she got to my house with minutes to spare before the baby was born. Nothing was set up, my husband had to be her assistant. He is completely against another home birth now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
One if the most dedicated, passionate and knowledgeable midwives I have had. Not only is she a wonderful midwife she is a great friend! She has built a community that is so needed and am so grateful for her and her practice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
Gelena and Sandy are incredibly professional, warm, loving, and incredibly dedicated! From the day I found out I was pregnant the entire experience with them was heavenly! I felt like I was pampered and spoiled the whole time. My birth was amazing and they were so awesome with my postpartum care as well. Years later I can still reach out anytime for help and I always get a prompt answer with a smile ! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?
Gelena helped make my birth the most wonderful experience of my life. Not only was I able to have my baby at home as I always wanted but the level of care I received was above and beyond all expectations. My baby was born on Christmas Day and at no point in time was I made to feel like I was unconvincing anyone. The only focus was on the birth and wellbeing of both myself and baby from start to finish. I recommend Gelena to any mother to be that wants a personalized natural birthing experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Gelena Hinkley, LM?

How was your experience with Gelena Hinkley?

Compare Providers