Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R

Psychological Trauma •  Female • Age 58

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron
99 Main St Nyack, NY 10960

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R is a Psychological Trauma Specialist in Nyack, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Gayle Sturmer-Skovron to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

See similar Psychologists in Nyack

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron accepts

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron accepts the following insurance:

POMCO Group

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check if Gayle Sturmer-Skovron treats your condition or procedure

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Dependent Personality Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Fear of War
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Traumatic Spreading Depression Syndrome

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Gayle Sturmer-Skovron

Gayle Sturmer-Skovron?
What People Say About Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R
I have been suffering with PTSD from 9/11, since 9/11. I walked around in gray cloud and always felt like any emotional event could triggering me crying. When I was alone and had nothing to do, depression would envelop me. Ms. Sturmer readjusted my mind to the point that all the depression and negative emotion was gone. She did this in one session. Once I was cured, she made no effort to continue to charge me or take advantage. I am amazed at how her technique worked and relieved me from the depression and pain I felt for almost 20 years. My interaction with Ms. Sturmer was an absolute blessing.
WTC 1st responder, NJ LEO, 25 yrs (retired) – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
I’ve had about 5 to 6 sessions with Gayle in her Nyack office. I went to see her because I was feeling very depressed. Throughout the course of treatment I was able to find a place in my brain to put other peoples’ negative input, without holding on to it. To date, I’ve been successful on a number of occasions, dealing with people who tend to bully, not having it affect me in a negative way. I only wish that I had done this many years ago. I highly recommend Gayle Sturmer- Skovron.
May 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
Absolutely fantastic. My wife and I sought her counsel through navigating challenging issues in our marriage. She skillfully guided us through finding the root cause of the issues at hand and gave us tools to permanently avoid such pitfalls in future. To say she saved our marriage is a gross understatement. She is excellent at keeping scheduled appointment time. Never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. I would highly highly recommend her.
T and J in NY – Oct 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
I was at the point of giving up and couldn’t see a way through - Gayle was my last hope and after two sessions I’m back to my centered grounded self.
NYC, NY – Sep 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
June.27.18 Gayle Sturmer is a clear-eyed, no-nonsense, super -present & good-humored therapist who will pare down & customize the therapeutic process to fit your true needs. The phrase ‘breath of fresh air’ might belie the training and gifted insight Gayle Sturmer brings to her work. She is a sophisticated , highly skilled, emotionally attuned and exceptionally effective therapist. Gayles expertise is in trauma -treatment ( why I sought her services) & a key factor in what
ProfK in Nyack, NY – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
Gayle was the best therapist I have ever seen. She is a true healer. From the first visit I experienced tremendous relief and I continued to seek her help and I was able to transform my life. She is a life coach who helps you find clarity and peace.
Susan in Nanuet , NY – Jun 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
I was struggling with severe PTSD from old trauma and new trauma. I spent years in and out of therapy. After working with Gayle, in just two-three visits, my life changed in the greatest of ways. I was no longer am chained to my traumas. I no longer have the anxiety, fears and emotional outbursts. She uses a technique that helped me change my views on those events that seemed to own my identity for so many years. She truly saved my life and is always there for me if I need a quick reboot.
Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
Gayle is a wonderful therapist. She is engaged, thoughtful and caring. Sessions with her are always extremely productive and her results are fast and long lasting. She is so encouraging and has helped me see positively and be positive through difficult times. I highly reccomend her!
Tarrytown, NY – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
Gayle Sturmer-Skovoron is a very professional and compassionate therapist. She is extremely knowledgeable and offers an objective opinion when asked. In addition, the ease of making an appointment and her willingness to adapt to your schedule makes Mrs. Sturmer-Skovron an overall excellent therapist.
WIS in Fairfield, CT – Jun 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
The prior survey does not reflect an accurate rating. I was having technical difficulties while completing the survey. Mrs. Sturmer-Skovron is an all around "5 star" professional.
KNS in Thiells,NY – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?
Gayle's approach is gentle, kind, empathetic and the perfect sense of humor. During the past year, Gayle has steered me and my family out of period of anger and sadness, and taught us to quickly redirect and positively move forward. She is well versed in the new developments of her industry--and eager to recommend other practitioners and methods to ensure wellness. I am just so grateful to found her at this very pivotal time in life. Thank you, Gayle!
New York – Jun 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Gayle Sturmer-Skovron, LCSW-R?

How was your experience with Gayle Sturmer-Skovron?

SHORT TERM BEHAVIORAL CHANGES. NEGATIVE EMOTIONS CLEARED. SOLUTION FOCUSED THERAPY. CARING,INVOLVED, SUPPORTIVE

• Psychological Trauma
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Clinical Social Work

More Information

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron communicates via email

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offers an online patient portal

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron has free onsite parking

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offers weekend visits

• Does Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Gayle Sturmer-Skovron offers evening visits