Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD

NeuropsychologyFemale

Dr. Fay

Northwest Neuropsychology

2375 130th Ave Ne Ste 100 Bellevue, WA 98005

Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD is a Neuropsychologist in Bellevue, WA. She is affiliated with UW Medical Center - Montlake. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fay to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neuropsychologists

Compare Dr. Fay with our nearby Neuropsychologists at UW Medicine.

Make an appointment at UW Medicine today at (206) 829-4223.

These providers are on the medical staff of UW Medicine.

Dr. Fay's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fay

3.8

Dr. Fay?
  • Staff friendliness (6)
  • Appointment scheduling (5)
  • Explained conditions well (5)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr. Fay is very much a professional. I wasn't in search of a doctor who was warm and fussy but someone knowledgeable and able to explain what the discoveries of my sons test results. She shoots straights, she is direct and doesn't sugar coat the test results. I appreciate her telling it like it is and doesn't shy away from being there for the concerning parent to listen and make sure she answers their questions of concern. Dr. Fay is amazingly knowledgeable in her specialize field. My son and family have truly benefited from Dr. Fay's direction and recommendations. Thank you, Dr. Fay!!!!
A caring parent (mom) – Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?
Dr. Fay and her staff were wonderful. She and the testers spent all necessary time with my son, and were clearly very interested in him as a little human, and in supporting him in showing his best self. They were clear on what we needed to do as parents, and communicated with us a ton. (We started testing right before coronavirus shut-down started, and they still communicated throughout, including when we had to pause testing.) The final diagnosis report was super detailed, and Dr Fay helped us understand what everything meant and pointed us to numerous resources to support different aspects of his needs.
LO – Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?
Spoke by telephone with the doctor to see if she might be of help. Conversation did not go badly, though it seemed a bit rushed. We did make an appointment for an evaluation intending to see how things would go. The day prior to that appointment we received a bill in the mail for $200. for the above phone conversation. It was never made clear to us that the call had been an official intake. The office refused to waive or reduce the fee. As the billing seemed less than transparent, we have decided against employing this doctor. We can't really comment in depth on her professional skill, as the evaluation was not completed. But would again state that the initial conversation seemed a bit rushed and superficial. Had we known it was an intake, we would have questioned her in more depth. Also, recommend you be sure you are clear on who will be providing which service (e.g . actual testing, face to face time with patient and so on), though this part is given in writing, as I recall.
  • Appointment was rushed
Jan 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?
My husband and I have enjoyed working with Dr. Fay and her staff. My son has had no complaints about going to the testing appointments. The results have been incredibly helpful for us.
Sara Nagel – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?
I spent 6 sessions of neuropsychology testing with Dr. Fay to be diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. I have no complaint of this diagnosis and believe it. Throughout my testing, I never met Dr. Fay herself. She made many meetings with my parents and school administrators, but none with me. I don’t know what held her back. I never was shown where I fall on the autism spectrum. Dr. Fay suggested that I get switched to a special education class. I said no but I was switched into it anyway. For months I asserted myself out of this class. I was unhappy the entire time. This doctor used what she saw on my results to make judgements about me, not who I am as a person.
Kenny Kucinski-Murphy – Apr 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?
I found Dr. Faye to be unfriendly and stiff during an intake appointment. I also experienced her as being judgemental of my parenting of my highly functioning teen who is on the spectrum. Our interaction was uncomfortable at best. She then met with my son at my insistence so she could get to know him, and my son told me after their 10 minute interaction that she wasn't helpful at all. He refused to do the testing with her because she didn't show any interest in talking to him. I strongly recommend seeking a different provider for neuropsych evaluations. In today's world of provider choice, you can find someone who conveys a more caring countenance along with being an expert in this critical area of evaluation.
Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gayle Fay, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fay?

• Neuropsychology