Dr. Gary Olson, DC

Chiropractic •  Male • Age 56

Dr. Gary Olson, DC is a chiropractor in Commack, NY and has been practicing for 21 years. He specializes in chiropractic.

Dr. Gary Olson DC PC

Long Island Spine & Sport Injury Center285 Commack Rd Ste 10 Commack, NY 11725
    • Sat: 9:00am - 1:00pm

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Olson

Dr. Olson?
Dr. Olson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Gary Olson, DC
Dr. Gary Olson of Long Island Spine in Commack helped me when I recently experienced neck and shoulder pain. The ease of getting an appointment during Covid-19, attention to detail by Dr. Olson listening to my concerns and his medical expertise helped me on the road to feeling better. Clean office, friendly staff, sterilization and safety precautions taken are what put my mind at ease for choosing Dr. Olson. I’ve recommended him to my 19 year old son and husband for their chiropractic needs. Thank you Dr. Olson for taking good care of me and my family. AnnMarie M, Commack
AnnMarie M – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr Olson is by far the best Chiropractor I've ever been to. He is very knowledgeable, compassionate and understanding. Through my many injuries like my back, neck and shoulder Dr. Olson always came through. He is a master at ART (active release techniques) and these techniques helps to expedite the healing process. If you never went to a chiropractor, now is the time. The body is designed to heal itself and Dr. Olson is the man to get you there. No matter where you live it will be worth the trip.
May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I went to Dr. Gary Olson for sciatic pain running down from my right hip to knee area. I was able to get an appointment quickly. After a few sessions, my pain was completely gone. I remain pain free several weeks later. Thank you Dr. Olson
AF – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr. Olson quickly diagnosed the issue with my lower back and after 2 visits I felt much better. Dr Olson uses active release therapy along with conventional chiropractic treatments. I find the ART works great to ease my back spasms. Dr Olson cares and works hard to help you.
Sal – Mar 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr. Olson has always been extremely thorough with me, extremely patient and from an athlete standpoint, he gets me right back to where I need to be faster than any other Dr. I have ever been to. I would recommend seeing Dr. Olson for any discomfort or injury you have. He is THE BEST.
Nick Morano – Mar 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I'm a relatively new patient with Dr. Gary Olson. After only a few visits he was able rid my neck pain to almost nothing. I am now a regular patient of his and would recommend him to my friends. Dr. Olson is obviously a master of his craft.
Doug S. – Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I was struggling with neck pain for a while and went to see Dr. Olson for a consultation after reading reviews about him on line. Within 2 visits, my neck was already feeling and was shortly back to 100%. I have a history of lower back issues and now see Dr. Olson whenever I need a back adjustment as well!!! I highly recommend him.
Seth – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr. Olson is the best. He has been helping me recover from a herniated disc and I feel great. Extremely accommodating and friendly. Thank you!
Louis C. – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Hi my name is Ray. I recently started to see Dr. Gary for an issue with my left foot. I had an operation with my left ankle in January 2019. Since the operation I have not Regained full feeling in my foot. I have seen a podiatrist and a neurologist to see what the problem is. The bottom line was that the feeling in my foot was not going to return. Then I thought maybe Dr. Gary can do something about it with Active release technique “ART” I have seen Dr. Gary for four sessions and I am starting to feel some difference. Thank you Dr. Gary
Ray C – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Knowledgable and caring chiropractor with great active release techniques and treatment, awesome staff, PT, pain management, quickly taken in, done within an hour and can go in without appointment if needed. I have been going for a long time. Definitely feel much better after my treatments since my accident. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Agathi – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I have been seeing Dr.Olson for several months he is amazing- Both he and his staff are professional, knowledgeable personable and empathetic. I highly recommend Dr. Olson
Barb Connaghan – Feb 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I have been a patient of Dr. Olson for over ten years for a variety of sports related back, neck, hip and knee issues. Each incident has been handled effectively and I believe the professional guidance has been excellent. I would definitely recommend him.
Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I've been going to Dr. Olson for about three weeks now for my patellofemoral syndrome in both of my knees. Within the first week, I felt such a drastic improvement! I was able to go to the gym and move around with increased stability and largely reduced pain. I feel like I have my life back again and that Dr. Olson will always be there for me if I need help again.
Jen – Jan 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr. Olsen has helped me transform my life back to the way it was. I had blown out my lower back and tried another doctor where I was paying an extensive amount. Coming to Dr. Olsen was affordable and Ieffective! Worth the change and saw the change!
Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Dr. Gary and his staff are knowledgeable, flexible and friendly. Dr. Gary has made such an improvement in my overall health in short time. Specifically my lower back pain. His attention to patients needs is on point. Highly recommend Dr. Gary Olsen
Christopher Perks – Nov 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I had a knee replacement about 2 yrs ago. It really never felt great and over this past year I slowly lost my flexion. I am not even 40 yet and was dealing with a lot of pain, scar tissue, couldn’t even ride my bike because my leg wouldn’t go around, and my quality of life was severely going down. My background is a collegiate athlete with a degree health science and was struggling to even train my personal training clients. I was pretty depressed and searching for some relief. My sister is a Physical Therapist and lives 8 hrs away so she helped me research and she found Dr. Gary Olsen on line. I was interested that he offered ART and was desperate for some relief in pain. When I tell you he worked a miracle on my knee, it is unbelievable how much better I feel in a few weeks seeing him a few times a week. I went from barely being able to bend my leg, to easily riding my bike and my quality life improving exponentially. He broke up a lot of the scar tissue that was preventing my kne
Holly Y. in Far Rockaway , NY – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I was in an accident over 30 years ago. A large car hit me in the back while I was waiting for a green light. Damage on my car, yes but I felt nothing wrong at all to myself. As little that I knew that impact had pushed some pieces of my neck bone out of place. So I have lived on until lately, passed 10 years or so. It started to take its toll. I felt pangs all over my torso and thighs. Every time it came it made me feel so down to the point where I hated my own body and didn't want to continue living any longer. I have been through 4 chiropractors already with no improvement. That was when I started to lose hope I found Dr. Olson. He is highly savvy on what he is doing. Not only that he treats the bones but he also takes care of the tendon and ligament around them. After receiving his treatment for a few months I felt improvement and now I'm starting to gain the normal body back from being crooked. I am very please with the situation and will continue seeing him.
Bob Nikon – Oct 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
I've been going to chiropractors for lower back pain since I was a teenager. I'm now 54 and have been treated by only 4 different chiropractors for almost 40 years. I always seek the best and the only reason I've ever switched chiropractors is when they retire or I move away. Finding Dr. Olson took going through a few "assembly line" chiropractors who rush you out to get to the next patient. Dr. Olson takes his time figuring out the best course of action to take and actually treats the problem. He is the most knowledgeable and educated chiropractor I've encountered. I highly recommend his services. His staff is courteous and friendly. I have found the chiropractor I will be seeing from now on. Thank you Dr. Olson.
Doug Brenner – Oct 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Sudden unbearable right hip pain was relieved by 3 visits with Dr Olson. He diagnosed, thoroughly explained, then did ART and other therapies to alleviate pain. He truly cares and wants to solve problems. His provides very good service and cares too.
Oct 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?
Had minor neck discomfort for over 5 years until it got worse and finally came time to get it checked out. After 3 appointments with Dr. Olson, the results started to show and cannot wait to be finished with the treatment. Dr. Olson is personable with a great attitude and you can tell he is highly experienced by the way he handles himself in and out of the treatment rooms. The office staff is very friendly and accomodating. 5 Stars
Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gary Olson, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Olson?

Dr. Olson accepts

Dr. Olson accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

• Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound
  • Wellness Examination
  • Whiplash

I treat the cause of the pain/problem through hands on techniques as well as educating the patient about the causes of their pain.

• Chiropractic

1999
Logan College of Chiropractic

Memberships & Affiliations

• Mather Memorial Hospital, Member
  • New York State Chiropractic Association, Member

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Olson treats patients.

Huntington Hospital

Huntington, NY

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019)

John T. Mather Memorial Hospital

Port Jefferson, NY

75% Patient experience rating, 6% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)