Dr. Gary Olson, DC

Dr. Gary Olson, DC

Chiropractic  |
Dr. Gary Olson, DC is a chiropractic provider who practices in Commack, NY. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

285 Commack Rd

Commack, NY 11725

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • HealthFirst

Learn about Dr. Olson

Dr. Olson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "I was born and raised in Commack and graduated from Commack High School South in 1982. I started my College career at Nassau Community College in 1982. I was on the Deans list every year at Nassau Community College and graduated in 1985 with my Liberal Arts Degree. I received a Scholarship to the C.W. Post campus of Long Island University in Greenvale and graduated in 1990 with my Bachelors of Science. In 1991 I received my Personal Fitness Instructor Certification from the American Council on Exercise. I subsequently started my own Personal Fitness Training Business by traveling to homes to instruct people on how to workout. It was during that time that I decided I wanted to be in the health field and further my education. In October 1995 I decided to apply for Chiropractic school, I was accepted and on January 4, 1996 I was driving in a blizzard half way across the country to Chesterfield Missouri the home of Logan College of Chiropractic. In August 1999 I received my license to practice Chiropractic in New York State. I came back to Commack and started my own business at 66 Commack Road and a year later moved to my current location 285-10 Commack Road in Commack ( The Long Island Spine and Sports Injury Center). From 1991- 1995 I was the Chiropractor for The Long Island Rough Riders professional Soccer team. In 2012/2013 I was named by The New York Newsday as one of the top bone and joint Doctors on Long Island."

This content was provided by Dr. Olson "I treat the cause of the pain/problem through hands on techniques as well as educating the patient about the causes of their pain."

• Chiropractic

Dr. Olson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Back Disorders

• Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Cw Post
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Logan College Of Chiropractic
    Medical School | Graduated 1999

Dr. Olson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Olson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Olson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Olson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Olson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Olson to family and friends
Dr. Olson Says:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a review for our office. Reviews help our services improve.

Dr. Olson's Performance
in east islip, NY |
Dr. Olson was great, he was so knowledgeable in every area of question I had. He provided me stretches for my lower back, neck and even provided a brace for me. I can't thank you enough for the pain you have relieved. tying my own shoes was a problem, now I can move around freely without pain and know that if i ever need a quick or long term fix where to go.
in Commack |
Amazing treatments, chiropractor and staff. Want to feel better? Go to Dr. Olson. I feel so much better when I leave from there and you will too.
in Commack, NY |
Professional staff and service. I hurt my back and was able to get a last minute appointment. Besides relieving me of my severe pain Dr Olson has set up a plan to strengthen my back do this doesn't happen again.
in Commack, NY |
When I am experiencing lower back issues, which is usually 2-3 times a year I always go to Dr. Olson. If I go immediately when pain starts it usually takes 2-3 visits to be pain free again. He is very knowlegable and takes his time getting you back on track.. if you really need an appointment he will always fit you in.
Buffalo Grove, IL |
Works wonders with my neck and back pain! He never disappoints!
in East Northport, NY |
Last year I had a major issue with my shoulder/neck area I went to Dr Olsen and he fixed me right up I was in massive pain and he really helped me out. This year the pain came back and I didn't waste anytime calling Dr Olsen went 2 times so far and feel so much better. Its amazing I was very impressed. Highly recommend.
in Commack, New York |
After 3 days of seeing Dr. Olson I feel like I can run a mile. I have had a bad back most of my life and for those that know, the pain can be unbearable. After 3 treatments for 3 consecutive days he has me back up on my feet. Normally I would have had to wait a week to see a doctor, he saw me immediately. Very satisfied with both the care and treatment I have received from both Dr. Olson as well as his staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Olson.
Denver, CO |
I was back in town visiting my folks and pulled out my back. Went to see Dr. Olson on a recommendation and he was great. Highly recommended.
in Commack, NY |
I "crawled" into Dr. Olson's office on a Monday and by Saturday I was dancing out. There isn't enough words to describe the relief he has given me. The pain was at a close 10!! Now it is barely a 1. I HIGHLY recommend him!! His staff was so nice and kind and got me in quick! 5 stars!!
Marty, Thanks for the great review. I am glad I could get you back so quick.
in Holbrook ny |
Was revered to Dr Gary from a friend for my shoulder and after my 2nd visit already feeling the difference .my orthopedic Dr wants to do shoulder surgery which I want to avoid if possible.
in east setauket |
Recently I injured my planter fascia on my left foot. I was carted off to the ER, poked and prodded, x ray’s, MRI and bloodwork. Thank God there were no tears or anything else accepts the strain of the fascia. I received an injection and Left the ER with crutches and cam boot. Still not able to apply any pressure on my foot. While reading about my injury I found a video on soft tissue therapy on the foot and right away popped in my head “DR Gary”. He helped me out tremendously before so maybe he
Ray, good job Ray. Thanks for the confidence in me and my office.
in Commack, NY |
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Olson for 12 years, I come in for treatment on my neck, back, hips elbow etc. I workout very hard 6 days a week and he treats me with Active Release Techniques (ART) and it has help me for years. He has been and will be the first place I go for Chiropractic and ART treatment My husband had a car accident and he treated his lower back. He is pain free and he comes in for maintenance monthly. I send my kids to Dr. Olson for all their injuries, Awesome.
I would like to thank you for trusting with your healthcare for the past years. It has been a pleasure so far and i hope for it to continue for many years to come.
in Commack, NY |
I was experiencing severe lower back pain which stopped me from doing anything. I began treatment with Dr. Olson about 6 weeks ago. He is using different treatments such as low level electrical stimulation with heat pack and manual hand techniques. I have to say I am doing 100% better. I am now doing his recommended exercises to strengthen my back which I am finding extremely helpful. I feel great! Dr. Olson is very professional along with his staff. I would recommend him to everyone.
I would like to thank you for trusting with your healthcare and I am glad I was able to relieve your pain. I'm overjoyed with the fact that you have and will stay pain free.
in Huntington Station, NY |
Dr. Olson and his staff are AMAZING !!!! I've suffered for almost 3 years with a VERY PAINFUL shoulder. After seeing 2 orthopedist , PT , yoga , pain management , accupucture , another Chropractor, acupressure, steroid shots , CT scans , X-rays , sono's and supplements I FINALLY found RELIEF .... DR. GARY OLSON !!!!! After JUST 5 sessions with him I went from 50% use of my arm / shoulder to about 90% AND A LOT less pain !!!! He and his staff are kind and compassionate !!!! Wish I saw him FIRST
I'm so glad i was able to help relieve your serve pain. It was my pleasure to help.
in Hauppauge, NY |
Thank you Dr. Olson! After being in a terrible car accident, having 13 surgeries, two major spine surgeries, and dreading possible a third, I was sent to your office without much hope. But within a couple of visits I was able to actually stand up with relief, and have quality of life back! I can't thank you enough! Besides being a phenomenal doctor, I made a great friend.
in Commack, NY |
I have been under Dr. Olson's care for the past month since my car accident, in which I was rear ended by a distracted driver. Dr. Olson and his professional staff are all wonderful and I highly recommend his office to you. AAA+++
in Melville, NY |
Dr. Gary Olson and his staff are great. He is an exceedingly knowledgeable practioner. I would not hesitate recommending him to anyone. I have been seeing Dr. Olson on and off for the past ten years, and though I reside a long distance from his office I wouldn't think of going anywhere else. His "Active Release Therapy" is wonderful and helps me greatly
So glad I was able to use my A.R.T skills on you. Glad to hear your pain free.
in Holbrook, NY |
Dr.Gary Olsen is simply excellent. He is very knowledgeable in his field. Even in pretty busy schedule takes keen interest and observation of his patient. For the first week, I didn't understand the treatment. Trust me, within few weeks you will be a new person. The staff is very friendly too. I highly recommend Dr.Gary if you are dealing with any kind of Neck, muscle, or joint pain. Thank you very much!
in Smithtown NY |
My wife and I have have been treated by Dr Gary over 13 years. He was able to see us ASAP and his technique and Knowledge is by far the best out there. Just recently our son- a HS Baseball player had a lower back issue and within a few short weeks Dr Gary was able to have him playing again. We highly recommend Dr Olson The Vogel Family
Westbury, NY |
The Best!!! Dr. Olson first helped me by coming in on Sunday morning to give me the first treatment on short notice. Previously, I went to a different chiropractor who tried to sell me an expensive treatment an offered no help and let me leave in pain. This was not the case here. After the 1st visit to Dr. Olson's office the pain subsided. I have just finished my 3rd session and the pain is gone. The office is extremely clean, the staff is professional and accommodating. Equipment is top-notch.
in Commack, NY |
Went in to see Dr Olson for lingering back pain from when I was younger and had relief of some pain within 1 week and a 90% reduction in pain within 1 month of treatment. He and his staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. Wonderful experiences and will continue to go back.
Huntington Station, NY |
Very good Doctor, knows what he is doing. Being treated for lower backpain. heat, stem, adjusments all helping. Best one I have seen yet!
in Did Hills, NY |
Very Friendly & Caring office, highly recommend if you live on Long Island. Ruff Neck Approved!!!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr Gary Olson exhibited a great knowledge and precision in chiropractics, after one visit my back pain was relieved and pain free.
in East Northport, NY |
My Family and I have been using Dr Olsen services for many years for different injuries. We would highly recommend Dr. Olsen and his methods of treatment. His staff is very professional and always accommodating.
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Olsen is a great healer, cares about your health, and practices ART which is the best chiropractic treatment available. He has treated my lower back disease and sciatica for 8 years. He often gives me exercises and has great facilities. His treatment rooms are private and he has excellent equipement.
in East Northport |
I have hurt my back at work and was suffering for the last year after few visits at Dr. Olson i can say that i actually feel much better Thank you for the great experience.
in East Northport, NY |
Thank You Dr. Olson, could barley walk when I started.  Within 2 visits I could not believe how much better I felt. His Staff is the best, they make you feel totally comfortable and he is just the greatest. I would Highly recommend.
Northport, NY |
Best chiropractor in Commack. Very bright doctor with lots of experience. He treated me for lower back pain which had been bothering me for years. I felt better in just a couple of weeks after a few visits. Thanks, Dr. Olson!
A caring doctor, using his skill to help you avoid surgery, reduce pain and understand the way to keep you physical body functioning. He doesn't just treat the pain he understands what is causing it and works to fix it at its source,
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Olson combines his expertise and compassion to a new level. And he has helped several of my friends to avoid surgeries that could have impacted their lives.
Huntington, NY |
I've been to many chiropractors throughout the years and Gary Olson is absolutely one of the best. As an athlete, I do not like to be away from competition or training for any length of time. In any athletic endeavor, injury is always a possibility whether it be from pulling a muscle or soreness that limits activity, going to see Gary has always returned me to top performance quickly. I'd recommend him to any of my training partners or people that I coach who need to return to action quickly
in Commack, NY |
I injured my back just before Thanksgiving. Dr Olson was the only professional who agreed to see me over a busy holiday weekend. He was able to alleviate most of my pain in only a few treatments. His staff is professional and caring. I can't thank them enough
in Greenlawn, NY |
IDr. Olsen is awesome. He helped me through a terrible nerve/shoulder injury that kept me away from weightlifting for almost 4 months. I thought i would never get better and almost gave up until I came across his office. Upon entering, he assured me I would heal and gave me hope to push forward. Now, I'm back better than ever and still continue to see him for maintenance. Definitely recommend!!
in Commack, NY |
Dr. Olson's assessment was accurate and he began treatment immediately for my shoulder problem that was not healing through traditional physical therapy. After a few visits I finally feel back to normal. Nice guy and professional staff!
in Huntington, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Olson. I had a great experience with his treatments of my low back and neck. I don't need surgery now.
in Commack NY |
After sustaining neck,back,and shoulder injuries in an automobile accident I went to see Dr Olson. His treatments along with his professional staff has greatly improved my recovery. I would recommend Dr Olson for any injury that may limit your ability.
Northport, NY |
I would recommend Dr. Olson because of his experience. I put total trust into the treatment plan. Plus the office was really clean and welcoming which I appreciate. I had a short wait, he was running right on time and I felt much better right after my appointment. Wouldn't trust anyone else!
in Deer Park, NY |
I have gone to Dr. Gary many times over the years for different things. Love the ART thing, it is truly a form of art with awesome results!
in Kings Park, NY |
Dr. Olson has helped me tremendously over the past few years. I shuffled into his office one day, unable to move, and through the use of his ART techniques he helped me become pain-free. He takes the time to use a variety of approaches so that you can get the most out of each session.
East Northport, NY |
Dr. Olson has helped me feel better. The ART technique that he used has allowed me to be pain free and return to normal activities in a short amount of time.
in Smithtown, NY |
I recommend all my friends and family. Great Chiro.
in Bronx, NY |
I was treated by Dr. Olson after an accident. I have to say that I totally recommend him to anyone who is in need of a chiropractor. He treats the problem and cares about his patients.
in Commack, NY |
I started going to Dr. Olson for lower back pain, due to 3 bulging discs, 1 1/2 yrs ago. Two years ago I had an epidural to treat a burning pain in my left foot, due to compression of a nerve root. After two years the pain came back, & I told Dr. Olson about it. He worked on my back for 3 weeks & the pain was gone. He is now working on pain, that I have had for 1 yr., in my left shoulder due to a torn rotator cuff. He was also able to alleviate that pain in 3 weeks. I consider him to be
in 276 birchwood rd medford ny 11763 |
I highly recommend Dr Olson he knows what he is doing a great guy and very professional at what he does.His staff is the best they help you in every way they can
in Smithtown, NY |
I am going through lower back and related sciatica since last 15 months and fortunately found Dr Olsen in the area where I have recently relocated. He accepted me as his patient while knowing that I have severe back issue which needs a surgery as recommended by spine specialist. Dr Olsen targeted treatment in the right impacted area along with decommission which is working! I am in much better status now as compared to my earlier situation where I was not able to sit even for 5 minutes.
in Smithtown, NY |
I have gone to Dr.Olson for a couple of years now and with every injury that I brought to his attention I left pain free in just a few treatments. I have gone for a hamstring pull, knee injury and an ankle injury. I never hesitate to go to Dr.Olson with any injury or pain that I feel.
in Commack, NY |
I have been seeking relief for my chronic back pain for most of my adult life. I figured I would have to live with daily pain. Fortunately, this changed when I met Dr. Olson. Almost immediately, I felt relief from the daily pain that had plagued me for years. I am on a maintenance program and am practically pain free. Dr. Olson with his dedication and unique approach has greatly improved my quality of life.
in Setauket, NY |
Dr. Olson and his amazing staff really treat all their patients with respect and empathy. They make you feel comfortable whether it is your first visit or 100th. Dr. Olson really understands the body and what is needed to make his patients better. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a new chiropractor or to replace your old one, look no further than Dr. Olson.
in East Northport, NY |
Dr. Olson has been a godsend. From the moment I began with his practice, Dr. Olson has always taken the time to listen to me, and prescribe a treatment plan that is personalized for my condition. My lingering disc problem in my neck has improved drastically. I highly recommend Dr. Olson.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Olson, DC?

Visit Dr. Olson

Saturday
Dr. Olson accepts 16 insurance carriers
    Emblem Health
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care