Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D

Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Studio City, CA. He specializes in clinical psychology, psychology, and more.Read his story

12944 Greenleaf St

Studio City, CA 91604

Learn about Dr. Wyner

Dr. Wyner's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wyner "My theoretical orientation toward healing has always been grounded in real-life experience. After suffering an existential crisis at 18, I began to search for a reason to live. Initially I sought answers in contemporary education, but it wasn't sufficient to provide the answers I sought. I turned to an independent study of classical and existential philosophers and psychologists for guidance and found that despite my lack of interest in books as a child, written words could provide access to "friends" throughout human history as concerned about these core issues of life as I was. I discovered I was not as alone as I thought I was. But finding brothers and sisters suffering in a common darkness wasn't sufficient to reveal the way to a more enlightened and fulfilled form of life. I began an independent study of religion and spirituality in conjunction with my ongoing practical interest in philosophy and psychology, that led, over several decades, to an increasingly more vivid sense of a trans-cultural orientation to life that could speak to professed atheists and believers of good faith alike."

This content was provided by Dr. Wyner "Despite living in an increasingly chaotic world, I believe each of us can adopt a more open-minded and open-hearted "beginner's mind" orientation toward reality that may open a door to a childlike sense of wonder and hope. That as naive as it may sound, or despite our fears to the contrary, reality at its core is good and governed by moral law or what some call karma. That the secret to living well is trust in the goodness in our own nature. Such a vision, I believe, can provide a sense of stability or a foundation for a reliable hope.

I believe each of us can attain such a vision and as we do, we will increasingly discover the unique role each of us has to play in a world in desperate need for healthy change. I believe such a vision, insofar as we realize it, will necessarily manifest itself in all we think, say, and do as well as give meaning to all the techniques or interventions we, as professed healers or "ministers of souls," employ for the sake of this end. "

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Psychoanalysis
  • Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Wyner does not have any board certifications listed.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Southern California, Ba (Philosophy)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Wright Institute, Los Angeles (Pre-Doc Internship)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Wright Institute, Los Angeles (Post-Doc Internship)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2013

Dr. Wyner has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wyner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wyner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wyner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wyner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wyner

Dr. Wyner?
Dr. Wyner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D
RecentHighestLowest
Garret goes far above and beyond a traditional psychologist. Having personally seen over 5 therapists in my life, I can say that Garret is not only the best psychologist I've ever seen, but also likely the most kind, caring, and wise person I have ever met. He has gone out of his way countless...Read More
Brian Garson in Los Angeles, CA – Jun 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D?
Dr. Wyner is an exceptional therapist with a genuine interest to help people. I've only seen Dr. Wyner a handful of times but the personal progress he has helped me make could span the length of a decade. I would recommend Dr. Wyner to anyone looking for help navigating their lives in a positive...Read More
Matt in Los Angeles, CA – Feb 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Wyner?