Clinical Psychology  |
Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D
My theoretical orientation toward healing has always been grounded in real-life experience. After suffering an existential crisis at 18, I began to search for a reason to live. Initially I sought answers in contemporary education, but it wasn't sufficient to provide the answers I sought. I turned to an independent study of classical and existential philosophers and psychologists for guidance and found that despite my lack of interest in books as a child, written words could provide access to "friends" throughout human history as concerned about these core issues of life as I was. I discovered I was not as alone as I thought I was. But finding brothers and sisters suffering in a common darkness wasn't sufficient to reveal the way to a more enlightened and fulfilled form of life. I began an independent study of religion and spirituality in conjunction with my ongoing practical interest in philosophy and psychology, that led, over several decades, to an increasingly more vivid sense of a trans-cultural orientation to life that could speak to professed atheists and believers of good faith alike.

12944 Greenleaf St

Studio City, CA 91604

Learn about Dr. Wyner

Despite living in an increasingly chaotic world, I believe each of us can adopt a more open-minded and open-hearted "beginner's mind" orientation toward reality that may open a door to a childlike sense of wonder and hope. That as naive as it may sound, or despite our fears to the contrary, reality at its core is good and governed by moral law or what some call karma. That the secret to living well is trust in the goodness in our own nature. Such a vision, I believe, can provide a sense of stability or a foundation for a reliable hope.

I believe each of us can attain such a vision and as we do, we will increasingly discover the unique role each of us has to play in a world in desperate need for healthy change. I believe such a vision, insofar as we realize it, will necessarily manifest itself in all we think, say, and do as well as give meaning to all the techniques or interventions we, as professed healers or "ministers of souls," employ for the sake of this end.

• Clinical Psychology
  • Adult Psychoanalysis
  • Psychology
  • Psychotherapy

Dr. Wyner does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Grief
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of Southern California, Ba (Philosophy)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Wright Institute, Los Angeles (Post-Doc Internship)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Wright Institute, Los Angeles (Pre-Doc Internship)
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2012
  • Antioch University, Santa Barbara, Ma (Psychology)
    Other Education | Completed 2009
  • Antioch University, Santa Barbara, Psyd (Psychology)
    Other Education | Completed 2012
  • New Center For Psychoanalysis, Los Angeles (PHD 3rd Year Candidate)
    Other Education | Completed 2015
  • University Of Southern California, Ma (Philosophy)
    Other Education | Completed 1981
  • University Of Southern California, PHD (Philosophy)
    Other Education | Completed 1988

Dr. Wyner has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wyner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wyner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wyner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wyner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wyner to family and friends
Dr. Wyner's Performance
in Los Angeles, CA |
Garret goes far above and beyond a traditional psychologist. Having personally seen over 5 therapists in my life, I can say that Garret is not only the best psychologist I've ever seen, but also likely the most kind, caring, and wise person I have ever met. He has gone out of his way countless times at all hours of the day to accommodate my personal issues, and has remained steadfast in his commitment to my mental health. Garret is more than a psychologist, he is a lighthouse in the storm.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Wyner is an exceptional therapist with a genuine interest to help people. I've only seen Dr. Wyner a handful of times but the personal progress he has helped me make could span the length of a decade. I would recommend Dr. Wyner to anyone looking for help navigating their lives in a positive and progressive direction.
Have you seen Dr. Garret Wyner, PSY.D?
Are you Dr. Wyner?