Dr. Gabriele Goodman, PHD

Dr. Gabriele Goodman, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Gabriele Goodman, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Walnut Creek, CA. She specializes in clinical psychology, psychology, and more.Read her story

43 Quail Ct Ste 111

Walnut Creek, CA 94596

Learn about Dr. Goodman

Dr. Goodman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Goodman "I have a well-established track record of helping individuals and groups feel empowered to: decrease anxiety, depression or unwanted thoughts; overcome PTSD and trauma, cope with a physical health condition or illness; manage stress adaptively; successfully navigate life transitions; improve relationships and/or enhance one's interpersonal effectiveness; increase motivation for health behavior changes; enhance creativity and/or performance in work or sports; increase overall life satisfaction; change or alter counter productive behaviors (e.g. overeating, procrastination, substance abuse, risky behavior, etc.); and develop coping techniques to empower and enhance one's emotional intelligence and/or competency. I bring so much heart to this work because I know what it is like to be truly broken. In my former career as an elite triathlete, I broke multiple bones, experienced major physical and emotional setbacks, and had my identity shattered. I know what it is like to have your sense of self blown asunder and to have to create a new normal in the face of uncertainty, adversity, chaos and constant change. These experiences have empowered me to bring compassion to a therapeutic process oriented towards the development of psychological flexibility, self-determination, greater accountability, ownership, and sense of personal mastery. I am an interactive, solution-focused therapist. My therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, I work with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing. "

This content was provided by Dr. Goodman "Wanting to be happier is part and parcel of being human.  So many of us fall victim to the myth that we are some how "not good enough" and that we should be "more than."  We get stuck in the feeling that we are  not lovable and we feel a hidden sense of shame and guilt.  The tape playing in our head becomes driven by a list of "if only's." "If only I was smarter, younger, faster, thinner, better looking, funnier, etc., then I'd be happier, more fulfilled, more loved."  Understanding our values and finding meaning in the things we do moves us away from believing that we have to be and do more to allowing ourselves to just be who we fundamentally are – perfect here and now.  Acceptance is one of the greatest challenges for many of us, and yet acceptance fosters change. This change fosters healthier choices in the way we act and react, and supports the foundation of balance and harmony. During these times, therapy can help you not only survive, but also find meaning and balance. "

• Clinical Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology
  • Eating Disorders
  • Exercise & Sports Psychology
  • Health Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology

Dr. Goodman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Psychological Testing
  • Relaxation Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for California.

• Mills College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Highland Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Highland Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • California School Of Professional Psychology
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Goodman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Goodman has no media or publications listed.

• Indonesian

Dr. Goodman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goodman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Goodman's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Goodman?

How was your experience with Dr. Goodman?