Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM

Acupuncture •  Female

Fong-Yi Wei

Essence Way Acupuncture PC

37 Fremont Rd Valley Stream, NY 11581

Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM is a Acupuncturist in Valley Stream, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Fong-Yi Wei to book an appointment.

Fong-Yi Wei's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Fong-Yi Wei

Fong-Yi Wei?
DrWei is a superb practitioner. She is smart, learned, compassionate, a good listener, and careful, gentle, and effective in diagnosing and treating various conditions. She gives her patients a generous amount of time on each visit, especially the first, when she conducts an extensive patient interview. I came to her with back pain from disc degeneration and digestive issues. Her therapy saved me from needing a spinal epidural! Snd she cured my digestive issues too, saving me from possible colorectal surgery. Her knowledge is vast, and in my case I benefitted enormously from her advice as to which food and drink to have/avoid and the timing, quantities, and temperatures at which to consume them. Her recommendations that I add ginger and cinnamon to my diet and to avoid cold food and liquids and reduce how much I drink before bedtime all helped me enormously. I can't thank her enough for these seemingly simple solutions that have made a world of difference. Thank you! I highly recommend
Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I came to Dr. Wei for sudden facial paralysis, vertigo, and tinnitus, due to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. I was pretty desperate to hasten the recovery as other doctors told me it may take months to recover and some damage could be permanent. Dr Wei was not only very thorough, but also comforted me. I saw her 3 times a week and was happy to say that by my 8th treatment I was completely recovered. No permanent damage and a much shorter recovery time than anticipated. This was my first time trying accupuncture and was so surprised to see that after each session I was able to move my facial muscles a little more. I am a true believer now! Thank you Dr. Wei!
Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is amazing. I walked into my first treatment with a cane and left walking on my own. Since that first visit Dr. Wei has helped to heal other ailments as well. I Highly recommend going to see her, she will help you.
Liz Lee – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I found Dr Wei online in my area as I was looking for treatment for my severe chronic back pain. I’ve had knots and tightness in upper back shoulders and neck that remained with prior chiropractic and massage therapy. The acupuncture and especially cupping and blood letting techniques have helped to break down and loosen my masses. I’ve been gong regularly for over 2 months and hoping to have my body back to what it was 10 years ago soon.
A. Graham – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
DR Wei it’s awesome she’s very caring and very good. I fell extremely better after I have been going to her. I have to say she is good as what she does I highly recommend her.
Will – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is a wonderful doctor. She is highly professional and extremely knowledgeable. At the beginning of the appointment she takes time to find out your needs are, and gears your treatment accordingly. I came to her with severe back pain and numbness in some toes. After just a few treatments, the numbness was gone, and the back pain has lessened tremendously. You never have a wait as she is so punctual. I would highly recommend Dr. Wei.
O. E. – Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I had bad back, neck and arm pain to the point where I couldn't sleep. I was also dealing with frequent headaches and had a hard time managing my stress. I was always skeptical about acupuncture but after trying almost everything else I decided to give it a shot. Dr. Wei was able to relieve majority of my paint after the first session. After a few more sessions the pain was completely gone, headaches are extremely rare, and I can't remember the last time I've felt this stress-free. Dr. Wei is excellent, and I highly recommend her.
Max in East Rockaway, NY – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei treats you as a whole being and not just the pain. She listens to your issues and treats them overall. She is very attentive, caring and spends the time with you. Always on time for her appointments and never a wait like other doctors.
Nadia C. – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is amazing. In just,a few visits my chronic pain was relieved. She always takes time to connect and make you feel comfortable and cared for. She runs 100% on time.
Jennifer – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I highly recommend Dr. Wei. I was definitely an Accupuncture skeptic but now I’m a true believer. Dr. Wei helped relieve chronic neck and upper back pain that massage just couldn’t get through. She really knows her stuff yet also listens to patient feedback.
Chris – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr Wei cured me with only a few treatments!!!! I had extreme itching (couldn't sleep at night) and a horrible rash. It was beyond exhausting to live with. Immediately after my first treatment I felt a huge sign of relief.. the itching was gone!!!! A few treatments later my rash went away. I went to 3 dermatologists and 6 doctors before Dr Wei and they did nothing and left me to suffer. Thank you Dr Wei for making me a feel like myself again and back to good health!!! Such a blessing :)
Sally in Franklin Square – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Highly recommend! My first visit she spend more then 2 hours with me for the same money I love her She takes her time doesn't rush explains everything very clearly Helped me a lot !!!
Irene.K in Woodmere , NY – Jan 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Fong-Yi Wei is a very good acupuncturist that I have come to experience over the past year....her technique at relieving the discomfort of hip pain. She's also very good at reducing neck movement restriction due to arthritis. I highly recommend her to anyone who's looking for help with discomfort in areas of their body!
Douglas R Campbell Sr in Laurelton, NY – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I am very grateful to have found Dr Wei. In 2 mos she helped me feel better than I have in the past 6 years. She is amazing and I highly recommend her services
Maria in Long Island, NY – Dec 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I went to dr wei for relief from lower back pain after a fall at work workmans comp put me through epidurals, pt and rest for months to no avail. After two months of visits dr wei got me enough relief to sometimes leaving my cane at home. Her professionalism and knowledge of eastern medicine is extraordinary. I will be getting microsurgery for a mechanical repair, but look forward to future visits to keep my mind and body on the right track to recovery. I highly recommend dr wei.
Oct 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I had been diagnosed with 3 hernias on my lower back , I'd've been in Pain for the last 3 month ,I could not walk or standing for more than 10min ,the day after the first session with here I went to the store with my daughter and walk for more than 2 hour and my pain was just a litter compare with the pain I have before now I have done 3 session with Dr Wei and every day I can feel the improvement on my ficical condition, I found Dr Wei through Google, Dr Wei is the best...
Armando Cao in Valley Stream, NY – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is incredibly helpful and really cares about making her patients the best and healthiest they can be. She even stays and talks with you about anything you may need help with. She helped me so much with my anxiety and physical pains.
Gabriella in Oceanside – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I have been seeing Dr. Wei for two months after I suffered a miscarriage from Uterine Fibroids. I simultaneously had been taking Lupron shots (hormones) and found that I did not suffer any of the side effects of the shots (hot flashes, mood swings, problems sleeping, etc.) and the fibroids shrunk. Dr. Wei was very supportive and comforting during this time, her sessions helped me relax as well. I highly recommend her.
Katherine in LYNBROOK – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Where do I begin to tell you how amazing Dr Wei is..... my husband went to her a couple of years ago for neck pain and could not stop talking about her, not only made neck better but she was so kind and therapeutic. I finally decided to go a month ago for a pain in back that started July 3, orthopedic, physical therapy for 5 weeks nothing helped. One time I’m not even kidding with Dr Wei and pain was so much better. This is going on my third week and pain completely gone. Please go THE BEST!
Eileen in Franklin Square, NY – Aug 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is wonderful person and doctor! She is caring, compassionate, professional, and extremely knowledgeable. She helped me out immensely with my migraines and other health issues that arose while I was being treated. I will forever be grateful!
Daniela – Aug 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?

How was your experience with Fong-Yi Wei?

She is passionate about Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and natural alternative medicine.

Her goal is to provide the health and wellness benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to all patients no matter rich or poor.

• Acupuncture