Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM

AcupunctureFemale

Fong-Yi Wei

Essence Way Acupuncture PC

37 Fremont Rd Valley Stream, NY 11581

Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM is a Acupuncturist in Valley Stream, NY. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Fong-Yi Wei to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Acupuncturists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Insomnia
  • Medical Acupuncture
  • Menopause
  • Moxibustion
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Nutritional Counseling
  • Pain Disorder
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Skin Diseases
  • Stress
  • Stress Management
  • Stroke

Fong-Yi Wei accepts

Fong-Yi Wei accepts the following insurance:

1199SEIU
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO

Fong-Yi Wei's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Fong-Yi Wei

Fong-Yi Wei?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (38)
  • Explained conditions well (38)
  • Listened & answered questions (38)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (1)
This was my first acupuncture experience. I went to Dr Wei with shoulder and neck pain. I was having trouble sleeping because of the pain. I started getting relief after the first visit. She is very knowledgeable and personable. She also provides a very calming atmosphere.
Lucille - May 2021 – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I went to Dr. Wei for several months because of shoulder and neck pain. I was diagnosed with RA and was in constant pain. A friend recommend that I try acupuncture and found Dr. Wei who already had five star reviews. I couldn’t sleep, move my neck or use my hands, but by the time Dr. Wei finished treating me, all my pain disappeared. Dr. Wei gives you 100% of her time. She genuinely cares for her patients and is very professional, knowledgeable and a great listener (almost like having your own personal therapist without paying for it.) When you walk into Dr. Wei’s office, (which is in her home) you feel a sense of peace and comfort. I can’t imagine what my life would have been if I hadn’t met Dr. Wei. I am so blessed having met her because she changed my life! I am a firm believer that acupuncture works. I just wish I had gone sooner. I will continue going to Dr. Wei as needed and would strongly recommend her to everyone. She is just amazing!
Pam – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I went to Dr. Wei because I was experiencing fatigue and tingling in my hands and feet. I had never done acupuncture before and I was not sure if it would helped. Acupuncture is subtle and I can say I am amazed at Dr. Wei’s technique and how she was able to help me. I highly recommend Dr. Wei.
Oct 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I came to Dr.Fong-Yi for chest pain, pain in my arms, lack of appetite... This was my first acupuncture experience, but by 2nd session you could feel the effects. It helped not only with my pain, but you feel more relaxed and energized at the same time. Dr.Fong-Yi Wei was always very compassionate, carrying, listened to my problems and in general this was very pleasant experience for me.
Sue – Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr Wei is the best!!! I went to her 2 years ago with a shoulder issue and wow she totally fixed me up and gave me such great life and health advice that I still inform my friends, family and complete strangers about. So, when I hurt my back in a car accident recently, I just had to go back and see her, so that she can heal/fix me again. She is a caring Doctor, takes her time to explain everything, I have a great nap and I feel less stressed and pain free when I leave her office. Another good thing to point out is she is kind of like my therapist as well as my acupuncturist also. I have the best of both worlds with Dr. Wei and if you see her you will as well. This review is two years late. But I am glad many others feel the same as I do about her, and her way she conducts herself and her amazing skill. Thank you Dr Wei!!!
Jeff – Aug 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I was in pain and contacted Dr. Wei out of desperation. Dr Wei took the unprecedented action of opening her office on a scheduled day off in order to treat me. She is kind, compassionate, thorough and a master of acupuncture. I feel blessed to have found her. All COVID-19 safety protocols followed. In four visits she has relieved my pain and all other symptoms. Truly a professional that I would not hesitate to recommend to family and friends.
Doug – Jul 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
DrWei is a superb practitioner. She is smart, learned, compassionate, a good listener, and careful, gentle, and effective in diagnosing and treating various conditions. She gives her patients a generous amount of time on each visit, especially the first, when she conducts an extensive patient interview. I came to her with back pain from disc degeneration and digestive issues. Her therapy saved me from needing a spinal epidural! Snd she cured my digestive issues too, saving me from possible colorectal surgery. Her knowledge is vast, and in my case I benefitted enormously from her advice as to which food and drink to have/avoid and the timing, quantities, and temperatures at which to consume them. Her recommendations that I add ginger and cinnamon to my diet and to avoid cold food and liquids and reduce how much I drink before bedtime all helped me enormously. I can't thank her enough for these seemingly simple solutions that have made a world of difference. Thank you! I highly recommend
Jul 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I came to Dr. Wei for sudden facial paralysis, vertigo, and tinnitus, due to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome. I was pretty desperate to hasten the recovery as other doctors told me it may take months to recover and some damage could be permanent. Dr Wei was not only very thorough, but also comforted me. I saw her 3 times a week and was happy to say that by my 8th treatment I was completely recovered. No permanent damage and a much shorter recovery time than anticipated. This was my first time trying accupuncture and was so surprised to see that after each session I was able to move my facial muscles a little more. I am a true believer now! Thank you Dr. Wei!
Mar 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is amazing. I walked into my first treatment with a cane and left walking on my own. Since that first visit Dr. Wei has helped to heal other ailments as well. I Highly recommend going to see her, she will help you.
Liz Lee – Feb 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I found Dr Wei online in my area as I was looking for treatment for my severe chronic back pain. I’ve had knots and tightness in upper back shoulders and neck that remained with prior chiropractic and massage therapy. The acupuncture and especially cupping and blood letting techniques have helped to break down and loosen my masses. I’ve been gong regularly for over 2 months and hoping to have my body back to what it was 10 years ago soon.
A. Graham – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
DR Wei it’s awesome she’s very caring and very good. I fell extremely better after I have been going to her. I have to say she is good as what she does I highly recommend her.
Will – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is a wonderful doctor. She is highly professional and extremely knowledgeable. At the beginning of the appointment she takes time to find out your needs are, and gears your treatment accordingly. I came to her with severe back pain and numbness in some toes. After just a few treatments, the numbness was gone, and the back pain has lessened tremendously. You never have a wait as she is so punctual. I would highly recommend Dr. Wei.
O. E. – Nov 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I had bad back, neck and arm pain to the point where I couldn't sleep. I was also dealing with frequent headaches and had a hard time managing my stress. I was always skeptical about acupuncture but after trying almost everything else I decided to give it a shot. Dr. Wei was able to relieve majority of my paint after the first session. After a few more sessions the pain was completely gone, headaches are extremely rare, and I can't remember the last time I've felt this stress-free. Dr. Wei is excellent, and I highly recommend her.
Max in East Rockaway, NY – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei treats you as a whole being and not just the pain. She listens to your issues and treats them overall. She is very attentive, caring and spends the time with you. Always on time for her appointments and never a wait like other doctors.
Nadia C. – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr. Wei is amazing. In just,a few visits my chronic pain was relieved. She always takes time to connect and make you feel comfortable and cared for. She runs 100% on time.
Jennifer – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I highly recommend Dr. Wei. I was definitely an Accupuncture skeptic but now I’m a true believer. Dr. Wei helped relieve chronic neck and upper back pain that massage just couldn’t get through. She really knows her stuff yet also listens to patient feedback.
Chris – Nov 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Dr Wei cured me with only a few treatments!!!! I had extreme itching (couldn't sleep at night) and a horrible rash. It was beyond exhausting to live with. Immediately after my first treatment I felt a huge sign of relief.. the itching was gone!!!! A few treatments later my rash went away. I went to 3 dermatologists and 6 doctors before Dr Wei and they did nothing and left me to suffer. Thank you Dr Wei for making me a feel like myself again and back to good health!!! Such a blessing :)
Sally in Franklin Square – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Highly recommend! My first visit she spend more then 2 hours with me for the same money I love her She takes her time doesn't rush explains everything very clearly Helped me a lot !!!
Irene.K in Woodmere , NY – Jan 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
Fong-Yi Wei is a very good acupuncturist that I have come to experience over the past year....her technique at relieving the discomfort of hip pain. She's also very good at reducing neck movement restriction due to arthritis. I highly recommend her to anyone who's looking for help with discomfort in areas of their body!
Douglas R Campbell Sr in Laurelton, NY – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?
I am very grateful to have found Dr Wei. In 2 mos she helped me feel better than I have in the past 6 years. She is amazing and I highly recommend her services
Maria in Long Island, NY – Dec 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Fong-Yi Wei, DAOM?

How was your experience with Fong-Yi Wei?

She is passionate about Acupuncture & Chinese Herbology in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and natural alternative medicine.

Dr. Fong-Yi WEI is the founder of ESSENCE WAY ACUPUNCTURE PC.

She is a Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac. #004856) by the State of New York...

• Acupuncture