Dr. Faheem Ahmed, MD

Dr. Faheem Ahmed, MD

Cataract Surgery  |
Dr. Faheem Ahmed, MD is a cataract surgery doctor who practices in Reston, VA. He is 30 years old. Read his story

1800 Town Center Dr Ste 317

Reston, VA 20190

Learn about Dr. Ahmed

Dr. Ahmed's Experience

Dr. Ahmed's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cataract Surgery

Dr. Ahmed's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "Dr. Ahmed grew up locally in Springfield, Virginia. He went on to complete his undergraduate education at Rice University in Houston, Texas. Dr. Ahmed then attended Baylor College of Medicine, where he served as Class President and graduated Alpha Omega Alpha as one of the top members of his class. Dr. Ahmed went on to complete his ophthalmology residency training at the world-renowned Wills Eye Hospital, the #2 ranked program in the nation. He specializes in refractive cataract surgery and is certified in the latest technology, including utilizing the femtosecond laser for premium lens implants. Dr. Ahmed also treats external surface disease, and is excited to offer the iStent implant to treat mild to moderate glaucoma. "

This content was provided by Dr. Ahmed "I am happy to welcome all new patients to my practice. We have a dedicated group practice to the treatment of an assortment of eye conditions ranging from external dry eye syndrome to visually significant cataracts to LASIK/PRK to neuro-ophthalmic conditions and glaucoma. We strive to provide each patient with the highest standard of care."

• Cataract Surgery
  • Anterior Segment Ophthalmology
  • Ophthalmology

Dr. Ahmed does not have any board certifications listed.

• Blepharitis

• Glaucoma Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Rice U
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Baylor College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Einstein Medical Center, Transitional Internship
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Wills Eye Hospital

Dr. Ahmed has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ahmed has no media or publications listed.

• Bengali

Dr. Ahmed does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahmed and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahmed's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahmed to family and friends
Dr. Ahmed's Performance
in Fairfax |
Although Dr. Karlin is my regular ophthalmologist, the other day I needed emergency care, and Dr. Faheem Ahmed treated me. It was a privilege and a pleasure to get to know Dr. Ahmed. He not only took care of the problem with the utmost care and knowledge, but displayed a bedside manner that showed a depth of compassion that is relatively rare. I have already highly recommended Dr. Ahmed to family and friends. Thank you, Dr. Ahmed!
in Washington, DC |
I had an emergency with my left eye. Turned out to be an infected cornea. First appointment available was with Ahmed. He was simply terrific---diagnosed the condition and put me on a regime of antibiotics and steroids. I have a very tough travel schedule for work but Dr. Ahmed and the staff went out of their way to accommodate me. My eye is back to normal and I think Dr. Ahmed's diagnosis, quick and aggressive treatment and follow up over 4 weeks was the reason. Absolutely a keeper.
in Falls Church, VA |
I have been a patient at this practice for 20+ years and Dr. Ahmed is a breath of fresh air! He is very personable and thorough.
in Herndon, VA |
Dr. Ahmed is very thorough, knowledgeable and sincerely cares for his patients. He is very detail oriented and takes an ample time to explain and consult his patients. It was my first time seeing Dr. Ahmed and I am very impressed. I will be taking my parents to Dr. Ahmed and will not hesitate recommending him to all my relatives and friends.
Reston, VA |
Dr. Ahmed is attentive, warm, knowledgeable, sharp and thorough. This was the first time he saw me, but he already knew my medical history before seeing me. His instruction to post treatment include whether to use my current medicines while the new treatment is ongoing.
in Herndon, VA |
I have been a patient at the practice for almost 30 years and all of the doctors and staff are excellent. I had something odd happen with my vision and made the first available appointment which was with Dr. Ahmed. He gave me an explanation I could understand including unlikely worst case scenarios and how to handle them, which I really appreciated. He was very thorough with the exam and answered all my questions. He's a great addition to the team there.
in Ashburn, VA |
I have never been to an eye doctor more detailed and thorough with all the various tests to ensure the health of my eyes is in ultimate great shape! Dr. Ahmed was able to take into consideration my overall health history and my occupation to help me operate at my best. My vision is critical for my role as a Multimedia Producer and he not only addressed my past LASIK, autoimmune issues and dry eyes but corrected the dry eyes with a prescription and educated me on overall eye health. Thank you!
in Mclean,VA |
Excellent Doctor.
in Herndon, VA |
There's a new Doc in town at EP of VA - and he's a Rock Star. Had a severe eye injury on Tuesday morning and was immediately seen by Dr. Ahmed. Wonderful "bed side manner" and quick treatment got me started on recovering. Spoke with him twice later in the day (the pain had increased) and was reassured and given some means for relief. Saw Dr. Ahmed at 24 hrs post. He was warm and welcoming and reassuring - and talented. At 48 hrs post-doing MUCH better. Great Find EPVA. He's a keeper!
Excellent. No wait time. Very efficient and thorough. Explained everything.
in Herndon, VA |
Dr. Ahmed was extremely professional with my examination. I had an eye emergency and he saw me the same exact day. I was very impressed by his professionalism and expert knowledge on my eye condition and treatment. I recommend him highly to anyone with an eye issue. I was also very happy with the staff, who were very courteous and respectful and scheduled my follow up appointments with ease.
Have you seen Dr. Faheem Ahmed, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahmed?