F Christopher Trahan, LAC

F Christopher Trahan, LAC

Acupuncture  |
F Christopher Trahan, LAC is an acupuncture provider who practices in New York, NY. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Read his story

251 5th Ave Fl 3

New York, NY 10016

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about F Christopher Trahan

F Christopher Trahan's bio

This content was provided by F Christopher Trahan "Christopher Trahan holds a Doctorate in Oriental Medicine, is a Licensed Acupuncturist, and is nationally board certified in Chinese Herbal Medicine; he is a classically trained Homeopathic physician registered with the National Center for Homeopathy. He integrates Chinese and Western herbs, homeopathy, and nutrition with his practice of Acupuncture in the Flatiron district of Manhattan. He has over thirty years of clinical practice and trained in China and Sri Lanka, as well as in the United States (California, New Mexico, and New York). Dr. Trahan has served on the faculty of the International Institute of Chinese Medicine (Santa Fe, NM) and the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (NYC). He has also taught courses in Chinese Medicine, Acupuncture, Chinese and Western Herbal Medicine, Classical Homeopathy, and Acupressure and Tui Na at the Olympus Center. He served as lead acupuncturist in an asthma research study headed by Dr. Lewis Mehl-Madrona in association with Beth-Israel Hospital. Dr. Trahan has appeared on TV, radio, in print, and continues to lecture."

This content was provided by F Christopher Trahan "I am the founder and the medical director of the Olympus Center for Holistic and Integrative Medicine. I've been in clinical practice for over 30 years. We treat both adults and children using natural therapies such as herbal medicine, acupuncture, medical massage, physiotherapies, nutrition, and homeopathy. The range of conditions we treat is extensive and includes most chronic and acute illnesses, e.g., musculo-skeletal injuries, pain syndromes, women's health issues, digestive disorders, allergies, asthma, headaches, insomnia, depression, anxiety, skin conditions, and stress.

We do not only treat illnesses, we specialize in preventative and anti-aging programs. Many of our clients who initially come for treatment of specific conditions return for acupuncture/bodywork tune-up sessions and elect to continue with herbal/nutritional therapies. Our integrative philosophy provides a comprehensive and resourceful approach to address your specific healthcare needs."

• Acupuncture
  • Chinese Herbal Medicine
  • Homeopathy
  • Nutrition

F Christopher Trahan does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction

• Acupuncture
  • Herbal Medicine
  • Homeopathic Treatment
  • Nutritional Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
    Other Education | Completed

F Christopher Trahan has no awards or honors listed.

F Christopher Trahan has no media or publications listed.

F Christopher Trahan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are F Christopher Trahan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

F Christopher Trahan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending F Christopher Trahan to family and friends
F Christopher Trahan Says:

Thank you for your participation. Your feedback will be used by Olympus Center: Holistic & Integrative Medicine to assess its current service offering and shape its strategy for the years ahead.

I welcome questions pertaining to specific conditions. I am available for phone consultations to address your questions and concerns....

F Christopher Trahan's Performance
in Brooklyn, ny |
I have been receiving acupuncture from Dr Trahan for several years, initially twice a week, and now once a week, and my symptoms have almost completely disappeared. He also specially mixes up herbs that have helped my skin and my general health. He also treats me with homeopathic remedies, and helps me with dietary adjustments according to my symptoms, my constitution, and seasonal changes. His gentle acupuncture treatments leave me revitalized after every session. He is warm & accommodating
in Jackson Heights, NY |
Dr. Trahan is an exceptional doctor. I have been seeing him for several months and in the time that he has treated me I have felt a substantial difference in the way that I feel! This is in part due to his tremendous knowledge in both acupuncture and herbal medicine, but also his generous personality. Dr. Trahan is super easy to talk with, I feel very comfortable discussing any concern that I may be having about my health and my body.
in New York, NY |
He has years of training and clinical experience in herbs, acupuncture and homeopathy, so he can come at medical problems from one, or a combination of, several different approaches. Very warm and caring, takes a lot of time with you.
in New York, NY |
During a very challenging period of my life (physically, mentally, emotionally) I started going to him for acupuncture, herbs, and homeopathy. We worked together for a few years and he truly changed my life, dramatically, for the better. I feel INCREDIBLY grateful and lucky to have found him. I have never been to a holistic practitioner in the NYC area with as much dedication and the range of knowledge that Dr. Trahan has (I have a hard time imagining that there are many others).
in Bronx, NY |
Dr. Trahan treated me with acupuncture and homeopathy for energy, balance, and digestion, all related to my polycystic kidney disease, as well as body points directly corresponding to the kidneys. Not only did I feel stronger after my sessions, I credit him with helping me manage my symptoms until I got my transplant. As a physically nervous person, I found his warm, low-key manner welcome and comforting. I wish more doctors in traditional medicine were more like him!
Have you seen F Christopher Trahan, LAC?
Are you F Christopher Trahan?

Visit F Christopher Trahan

F Christopher Trahan accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
    Prism Blue Priority EPO
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Oxford Health Plans