Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology  |
Dr. Erica Meyers, PSY.D
I have over ten years of experience providing individual and family therapy, as well as parent management training to families throughout the New York City area. My clinical rotations have occurred in the top hospitals in NYC and I have received specialized training and certification in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) from the Linehan Institute. I received supervision from world-renowned expert psychologist, Dr. Jill Rathus at Long Island University, where I also obtained my doctorate degree. I also received a masters degree in Psychology in Education from Columbia University's Teachers College and my bachelors degree with High Honors from Rutgers University. I truly love working with children and adolescents and my passion is to help children learn to successfully manage their emotions, no matter what hand is dealt to them.

291 Broadway Rm 709

New York, NY 10007

Learn about Dr. Meyers

This content was provided by Dr. Meyers "I have come to realize that problems like depression, anxiety, anger, and despair cannot be understood without considering the contextual determinants of behavior. It is my belief that the expression and outcome for any problem will depend on the configuration and timing of a host of surrounding circumstances that include events both within and outside a person. Thus, my choice of intervention depends in part, on the person and the context in which the person resides. Relating concepts from diverse theories while being acutely aware of the idiosyncrasies of human suffering, I find myself naturally utilizing an integrative, but evidenced-based approach to assessment, conceptualization and treatment planning.

Treatment that is supported by scientific research is extremely important to me. How can I expect my patients to waste their time and money on a treatment that has not been proven to be effective? I don't."

• Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
  • Adolescent Psychology
  • Behavioral Therapy
  • Child Psychology
  • Clinical Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

Dr. Meyers does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavioral Disorders
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • School Refusal
  • Self-Harm
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Social Phobia
  • Suicidal Ideation

• Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
  • Parenting Classes
  • Pediatric Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Rutgers University / New Brunswick Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Fordham University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Pediatric Emotion Regulation Lab
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Meyers has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Meyers has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Meyers does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Meyers and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Meyers' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Are you Dr. Meyers?