Dr. Eric Lewis, DPM

Dr. Eric Lewis, DPM

Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
After graduating in the top 10 in his class at Pueblo's South High School, Dr. Lewis received a full-paid scholarship to Colorado State University–Pueblo, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2008 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, pre-med emphasis and minors in Chemistry and French.After graduating from CSU-Pueblo, Dr. Lewis attended Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Des Moines, Iowa, where he received his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2012. While there, Dr. Lewis was an active member of many professional and service organizations at the university, and served as Vice President for the Student National Podiatric Medical Association from 2009-2010.Having earned his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Lewis then completed a three-year podiatric medicine and surgical residency with rearfoot and ankle credential at SSM DePaul Health Center in Saint Louis, Missouri. There, he received extensive training in elective and non-elective forefoot and rearfoot surgery, trauma, and diabetic foot care. Dr. Lewis also received advanced training in foot and ankle surgical techniques as part of a month-long immersion in European surgical departments in Germany. During his final year of residency, Dr. Lewis had the honor of serving as Chief Podiatry Resident as SSM DePaul Health Center.Outside of the professional environment, Dr. Lewis enjoys traveling. He enjoys experiencing local culture and languages abroad, and has relished his visits to France, Germany, Italy, and Spain over the years. He also enjoys going to movies, the outdoors, and spending time with his friends and family. After nearly ten years away, Dr. Lewis is especially thrilled to be able to return to Pueblo and serve this wonderful community.Started practicing 2012. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Podiatric Medical Association American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management Colorado Podiatric Medical Association

1619 N Greenwood St Ste 300

Pueblo, CO 81003

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado
  • PacifiCare Health Systems
  • Private HealthCare Systems
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Lewis

See how frequently Dr. Lewis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Nail Avulsion and Excision
high
Bunion
high

Dr. Lewis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery
  • Pediatric Podiatry
  • Podiatric Foot Surgery
  • Podiatric Surgery
  • Podiatry
  • Podiatry Sports Medicine
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. Lewis does not have any board certifications listed.

• Achilles Tendinitis
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Metatarsal Fracture
  • Pediatric Ankle Fractures
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Raynaud's Disease

• Reconstructive Surgery
  • Simple Fracture Care and Casting
  • Sports Medicine Surgery
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Colorado State University (Pueblo) - B.S. Biology
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery - D.P.M.
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • SSM DePaul Health Center Saint Louis, Missouri - Podiatry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Lewis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lewis has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Lewis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lewis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lewis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lewis to family and friends
Dr. Lewis' Performance
in la junta co |
Dr.Lewis is a wonderful Dr will answer all your questions Takes time to talk to you, I will tell every body that need a Dr for there feet or ankles to go see him
in Canon City, Co |
Dr. Lewis, listened to me and I felt very comfortable with him, he has a great sense of humor which made my visits even more pleasant.
Shirley, Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Dr. Lewis.
Pueblo West |
Professional, kind, caring and explains treatments at a level I can understand. Hands down best doctor around! Thank you Dr. Lewis!!!
Thank you for leaving a review for Dr. Lewis and we are pleased you enjoyed your care!
Pueblo, CO |
I have had a great experience with Dr. Lewis. Having a painful foot for over 17 years, painful enough that a good night sleep was a rare occurrence. From my first meeting with Dr. Lewis I felt like he really wanted to help. I did require surgery, Dr Lewis clearly outlined options, recover time, pain and preventive medicine to minimize future issues. I went from pain always on my mind to rarely a thought. I strongly recommend Dr. Lewis to anyone with foot problems.
Thank you for your positive review about Dr. Lewis. We are excited to hear about your overall care and experience with Dr Lewis!
in Pueblo, CO |
I had surgery last year and was told to see a Podiatrist to avoid any bleeding issues as I take Warfarin. I was fortunate to be assigned to Dr. Lewis and have been very happy with his guidance, knowledge and concern for me. I have found that he provides me with more information, and as a consequence, more comfort, than any other medical professionals I have seen since my surgery. He answers my questions thoroughly and anticipates my needs. I highly recommend Dr. Lewis. He is outstanding!
Larry, thank you for your feedback and review. We are ecstatic that you have such great confidence in Dr. Lewis!
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr Lewis examined my toenail and explained things pretty well and gave me appropriate medicine for the growth. The only reason I rated him as a very good referral are practical. If you are hearing, there is an excellent chance I will recommend him. If you are deaf, it depends on your ability to work with him without interpreters. In my case, English is my first language and am willing to work with him (we typed back and forth). For the deaf, good chance I will, depending on person.
We are glad you had a great experience in our office. Language barrier accommodations are always provided if requested.
Pueblo, CO |
Pleasant office, helpful, friendly staff, . Impressed with Dr Lewis and his knowledge and suggestions. Recommend highly.
in Pueblo, CO |
I've known Dr. Lewis for over a year. I really like that he respects his patients and patient's family during the treatment sessions. He takes the patient's feelings and concerns into consideration while making a treatment plan for his patients.
Pueblo, CO |
He healed my foot wound. He understood my concerns about this wound. He advised me of all my options to heal my wound and made sure all my questions were answered in a way I understood.
in Pueblo, CO |
I had extreme foot pain before my surgery. The post-surgical pain was so much less. Dr. Lewis is very knowledgeable and professional, yet is still warm and approachable. I would trust any future foot or ankle surgery to him. He's the best!
in Pueblo,colorado |
He's very friendly and he make you feel very comfortable he lightens up the mood he is very knowledgeable about what he does he is the best doctor that i have ever been seen. He is just an amazing person all around.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr Lewis takes a pro-active approach to your needs, listens very well and pays attention to your input and incorporates it in the overall plan of action to your care. Dr Lewis was able to completely heal my Plantar Fascia, first time in over two years that I have been pain free and still so even a month after treatment has ended. It's amazing, went from being active a few hours a day to 10 to 12 hours a day. Highly recommend you set an appointment if have any foot of ankle issues.
in Pueblo, CO |
I fell off a 12 ft. ladder and Dr. Lewis was recommended to me by a friend I had shattered my heel and my heel had to be rebuilt. Dr. Lewis explained to me in detail what I was to expect and he was very honest even if it was hard for me to hear. He was very easy to approach and ask questions to and he listened and gave me guidance when needed. I am a 62 year old man, and I was treated with so much respect. It was very obvious how wise he was in working in this field and I trusted him completely.
in Pueblo, CO |
Dr Lewis performed surgery on my right foot. It was a complex surgery done skillfully with no complications. I am very pleased with Dr Lewis. In addition, he listens well and is a nice person.
in Pueblo, Colorado |
Excellent doctor that not only cares about his patients, but you know this because he actually listens to you. And takes his time to make sure he understands your concerns and when he addresses them, he speaks in a language that you understand. When you leave his office, not only do you understand what trratments he is giving you but you know why. As well as understand what you can do to help maintain your feet and keep them healthy. Great human being and even better doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Eric Lewis, DPM?

See our Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery Specialist at Penrose-St. Francis Health Services

Visit Dr. Lewis

Dr. Lewis accepts 10 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado