Dr. Eric Jackson, PHD

Dr. Eric Jackson, PHD

Clinical Psychology  ·
Dr. Eric Jackson, PHD is a clinical psychologist in Orange, CT and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University Of Arizona in 2007 and specializes in clinical psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

35 Old Tavern Rd # 101

Orange, CT 06477

• Husky Health

Learn about Dr. Jackson

Dr. Jackson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Jackson "As a Yale-trained psychologist, for the past 8 years I've been helping people--probably a lot like you--feel better & stronger. I'd like to understand how I can help you feel better too, so that you're motivated, moving forward, and you're getting what you need in your life. • SERVICES: I provide the following services to adult individuals and couples: therapy, counseling, marriage counseling, couples therapy, hypnotherapy, coaching, court-ordered or attorney-recommended treatments, consultation, supervision, and psychological evaluations. I do not prescribe medications. • SPECIALTIES: Relationships, Depression, Anxiety, Trauma/PTSD, Addictions, Bereavment, Anger, Negative Thoughts, Confidence/Self-Esteem, Personal Development, Stressful Life Changes, Work/School Problems, Communication, Marriage Counseling, Couples Therapy, Men's Issues, Veterans, LGB, Young Adults, and more (see my website for a full list). • APPROACH: I will try and understand your unique challenges by looking at your situation through your eyes and taking a walk in your shoes. I will work by your side as your teammate so I can help you understand your patterns, try out new strategies, and tackle your problems. I also provide valuable perspective as an unbiased outside point-of-view and an impartial mediator. I am skilled in a wide range of therapeutic traditions that I will integrate and customize to suit your needs, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), ACT, mindfulness-based, solution-focused positive therapy, trauma-focused, exposure (e.g. EMDR), hypnotherapy, etc. With couples, I help improve trust, communication, teamwork, and conflict resolution. • STYLE: I'm well known for being a warm and compassionate psychologist with an honest and relaxed style. I prefer to help you discover insights for yourself, but I will often point out patterns, make connections, offer suggestions, facilitate activities, and encourage you to experiment with different strategies outside of our sessions. With couples, I encourage comfort and openness by being fair, balanced, and not taking sides--each person is responsible for doing their own part in improving the relationship and themselves. • TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: I am a Yale-trained psychologist with a doctorate (PhD) in Clinical Psychology. 12 years of training at Yale University, the University of Arizona, and the VA (Veteran Affairs) prepared me with cutting-edge knowledge & experience so I can provide you with the most current information and up-to-date treatment options. I have 8 years of professional experience as a psychologist and I'm skilled in a wide range of therapeutic traditions that I will integrate and customize to fit your needs. • LOW-COST FEES: $40 for the initial 50-minute evaluation session (1st session), then $100 for additional 50-min sessions. Discounts are available with bulk pre-payment. • INSURANCE: I accept HUSKY, but I am considered an 'out-of-network' provider for other insurance companies, which means you will likely have to pay out-of-pocket. However most plans will reimburse you for my fees and I'll provide the forms for you to submit. Alternatively, I accept payments from your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flex Spending Account (FSA). I accept all other forms of payment. • LOCATION: At Mercury Medical Wellness Center, just off of Boston Post Rd (Rt 1) less than 2 miles from Milford & West Haven and only 5 miles from New Haven. • AVAILABILITY: I'm now ACCEPTING NEW CLIENTS! I have DAYTIME or EVENING appointments available during weekdays. • KEEP GOING STRONG: By your searching and finding yourself here, you are already making it through the first steps in the right direction towards your limitless future of health and well-being. Why not keep up the good work? You really are worth it!"

This content was provided by Dr. Jackson "Wouldn't it be nice to feel better and to feel free too? Believe it or not, you can do it. And I can help you find the know-how to feel better about yourself and your loved ones, so you can feel free to live the life you have always been hoping to live—now with new strength!

You are a unique individual with exceptional strengths & goals that can benefit from my personalized attention and substantial experience. Keeping this in mind, I will build a strong therapeutic connection and an authentic alliance using specialized communication strategies that subtly enhance your own natural abilities to grow, to learn, to love, to heal yourself and your relationships. You'll be pleased to know that individuals and couples frequently report feeling instantly at ease, then relatively rapid relief, more rational thinking, and deeper emotional growth, all without necessarily knowing why or how exactly it is happening. I'm looking forward to warmly and compassionately supporting you as you are better taking care of yourself & your needs, you are feeling stronger & in control of yourself, you are thinking more clearly and rationally, you are being more mindful and accepting, you are learning to live in harmony, you are finding your inner peace.

Please see more information at my website: www.Psychologist-CT.com"

• Clinical Psychology
  • Individual Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychology
  • Psychology Education

Dr. Jackson does not have any board certifications listed.

• Addiction Treatment
  • Anger Management Worksheet
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Life Coaching
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
  • Va Connecticut Healthcare System
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Yale University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Jackson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Jackson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Jackson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Jackson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Jackson's Reviews