Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D

PsychologyFemaleAge 39

Dr. Wood

Emma J Wood, PsyD

613 Austin Ave Waco, TX 76701

Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D is a Psychologist in Waco, TX. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Wood to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychologists in your area

"Dr. Church takes a integrative approach to psychotherapy, utilizing tools and techniques from empirically validated treatments. She is warm, genuine, and helps patients feel comfortable opening up and discussing di..."

- Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Wood treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Wood's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychological Disorders
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Spiritual Problems
  • Stress
  • Workplace Depression

Dr. Wood accepts

Dr. Wood accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

Dr. Wood's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wood

Dr. Wood?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (19)
  • Appointment scheduling (18)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (18)
    I had a beautiful, healing experience with Dr. Wood. Working with her felt safe and created room for growth and healing. She met me where I was in my journey. I felt fully heard by her and felt like she advocated for me and my healing. I'm abundantly grateful for her insight and support. I would highly recommend her.
    Aug 29, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    A truly caring and loving psychologist, Dr. Wood guided me firmly through one of my toughest semesters. She cares about her pantients and works with your schedule to see you. Her office is calming and very much a safe space for all.
    May 06, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood is an extraordinary therapist whose empathy, approach, and thorough knowledge helped me immeasurably. I am able to rationally make decisions based on what honors & respects me, rather than an underlying desire to earn approval. I had been to 4 other therapists before, who were dismissive. Dr. Wood listened so well and helped me improve my life in big and small ways. Several times weekly, I notice my mental health taking me down a path that was previously inaccessible to me.
    Apr 04, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Working with Dr. Wood has been such a transformative experience. She creates an environent where you feel so safe to unpack some of your most painful experiences. I’ve had so many important revelations sitting with her. Dr. Wood is intuitive, kind, and insightful. I’ve literally recommended to her so many friends because I know they’ll receive the support they need!
    Waco, TX – Feb 11, 2019
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood was nothing short of a Godsend during what was the hardest part of my life. When my parents got divorced just as I was starting law school, I needed help very badly. Dr. Wood was always patient and non-judgmental, and I left every appointment with her feeling a thousand times lighter. She truly cares about each of her patients and is excellent at seeing them through long-term changes. I cannot thank Dr. Wood enough for how much she helped me. She changed my life for the better.
    Waco, TX – Oct 15, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Before seeing Dr. Wood I had been to 8 therapists in less than 6 years. None of them were ever able to connect with me. Once I began seeing her she learned how to approach and interact with me to make me feel comfortable. This resulted in me being able to open up and what I can honestly call the best Mental Healthcare I have received. To say that she helped me would be an understatement. If you are looking for a caring and empathetic therapist who is also real with you I recommend Dr. Wood 100%
    C. Spruiell in Waco, TX – Jul 31, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood has many amazing qualities about her, but my favorite is her validation! She listens, empathizes with problems, and creates an environment one feels safe to share. Through our sessions she was able to accurately assess and support me through working on confronting issues and helping me make changes I wanted in my life. Without her I wouldn’t be as happy as I am today!
    TX – Jun 15, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    There are not enough positive words to describe the care I have received from Dr. Wood & five-star rating does not do her justice. I was at the point of giving up on therapy due to many failed attempts at finding a doctor, & I am so glad that I continued my search. Dr. Wood creates an easy, comfortable environment, which I never thought possible in this situation. I look forward to our weekly session & truly feel as though I am heard while in her company. I can't recommend? Dr. Wood enough!
    Jun 08, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood has been nothing short of fantastic for me. She has helped me through so much. Her style of therapy is very personal, hands-on, and compassionate; this makes sessions with her something to look forward to. I have now moved away from Waco but I have remained with her because through our years together we have formed a connection that I think is SO important in therapy. If I could rate her more than 5 stars I would.
    Andy in Waco, TX – May 17, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood has helped me so much trhoughour college. I would recommend her a thousand times if I could!!
    May 17, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood has been such a God-send for me. She has coached me through some of the most difficult times of my life these past few years, and has always been honest and supportive. She's flexible with scheduling and always makes me feel welcome and understood, no matter what. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
    Waco, TX – Feb 24, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood helped me process the grief following a miscarriage. I found her through an online search looking for LGBTQ friendly counselors. She was very respectful of my sexuality and life partner. I initially reached out to Dr. Wood via email, she responded promptly and scheduled me right away. My first appointment was only a couple days after my initial email. Dr. Wood is professional, compassionate, and knowledgable. She is one of the best therapists I have worked with; I recommend her highly
    Oct 03, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood is by far one of the most kind hearted and wonderful people in my life. She has helped me grow and develop in more ways that I can even express. Her understanding and generosity of spirit has shaped my life and I would recommend her to anyone. She beautifully blends an amazing amount of education and experience with faith based practice that is truly transformational. She has taught me how to trust myself and I couldn't be more grateful for her guidance. She is an answer to prayer!
    Waco, TX – May 09, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood is kind and generous. She made everything easy. I love that she is willing to communicate over text. Great therapist.
    Tallahassee, FL – Jul 08, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    I immediately felt welcome and at ease with Dr. Wood. We connected on a very genuine and sincere level right away, and that bond continued throughout the duration of my treatment. She was always on time, and always professional. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Wood to anyone else seeking treatment.
    Scott in Waco, Texas – Jun 30, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    So wonderful! She makes it so easy to be open with her and really is interested in making sure that you are living the best life that you can.
    Waco, TX – Jun 28, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    I began seeing Dr. Wood a few months ago. She is extremely personable and immediately made me feel comfortable. Her office is great, too! It smells so good in there. I plan to continue to see her in the future, and would definitely recommend her to others!
    Rebecca in Waco, Texas – Jun 27, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
    Dr. Wood is a special kind of psychologist. She really relates to my feelings rather than reciting rhetoric out of a psych manual. Her empathy is second to none and she truly helps me work through issues, feelings, and emotions that I having difficulty processing myself. She pulled me back from the brink of an existential crisis of epic proportions. My life could and likely would be in a far worse place if it were not for the fortune of finding Dr. Wood.
    Surviving Graduate Student in Waco, TX – Jun 21, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Wood?

Dr. Church takes a integrative approach to psychotherapy, utilizing tools and techniques from empirically validated treatments. She is warm,...Read more

Dr. Emma J Church is a Licensed Psychologist. She received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Midwestern University in Downers Grove,...Read more

• Psychology