Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D

Psychology •  Female • Age 37

Dr. Wood

Emma J Wood, PsyD

613 Austin Ave Waco, TX 76701

Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D is a psychologist in Waco, TX and has been practicing for 10 years. She graduated from Midwestern University in 2010 and specializes in psychology, women's counseling, and more.

• Low wait times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Wood accepts

Dr. Wood accepts the following insurance:

We do not accept health insurance

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Wood treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Wood's conditions and procedures:

• Depressive Disorders
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychotherapy Services

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wood

Dr. Wood?
Dr. Wood's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D
I had a beautiful, healing experience with Dr. Wood. Working with her felt safe and created room for growth and healing. She met me where I was in my journey. I felt fully heard by her and felt like she advocated for me and my healing. I'm abundantly grateful for her insight and support. I would highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
A truly caring and loving psychologist, Dr. Wood guided me firmly through one of my toughest semesters. She cares about her pantients and works with your schedule to see you. Her office is calming and very much a safe space for all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Dr. Wood is an extraordinary therapist whose empathy, approach, and thorough knowledge helped me immeasurably. I am able to rationally make decisions based on what honors & respects me, rather than an underlying desire to earn approval. I had been to 4 other therapists before, who were dismissive. Dr. Wood listened so well and helped me improve my life in big and small ways. Several times weekly, I notice my mental health taking me down a path that was previously inaccessible to me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Working with Dr. Wood has been such a transformative experience. She creates an environent where you feel so safe to unpack some of your most painful experiences. I’ve had so many important revelations sitting with her. Dr. Wood is intuitive, kind, and insightful. I’ve literally recommended to her so many friends because I know they’ll receive the support they need!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Dr. Wood was nothing short of a Godsend during what was the hardest part of my life. When my parents got divorced just as I was starting law school, I needed help very badly. Dr. Wood was always patient and non-judgmental, and I left every appointment with her feeling a thousand times lighter. She truly cares about each of her patients and is excellent at seeing them through long-term changes. I cannot thank Dr. Wood enough for how much she helped me. She changed my life for the better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Before seeing Dr. Wood I had been to 8 therapists in less than 6 years. None of them were ever able to connect with me. Once I began seeing her she learned how to approach and interact with me to make me feel comfortable. This resulted in me being able to open up and what I can honestly call the best Mental Healthcare I have received. To say that she helped me would be an understatement. If you are looking for a caring and empathetic therapist who is also real with you I recommend Dr. Wood 100%
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Dr. Wood has many amazing qualities about her, but my favorite is her validation! She listens, empathizes with problems, and creates an environment one feels safe to share. Through our sessions she was able to accurately assess and support me through working on confronting issues and helping me make changes I wanted in my life. Without her I wouldn’t be as happy as I am today!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
There are not enough positive words to describe the care I have received from Dr. Wood & five-star rating does not do her justice. I was at the point of giving up on therapy due to many failed attempts at finding a doctor, & I am so glad that I continued my search. Dr. Wood creates an easy, comfortable environment, which I never thought possible in this situation. I look forward to our weekly session & truly feel as though I am heard while in her company. I can't recommend? Dr. Wood enough!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Dr. Wood has been nothing short of fantastic for me. She has helped me through so much. Her style of therapy is very personal, hands-on, and compassionate; this makes sessions with her something to look forward to. I have now moved away from Waco but I have remained with her because through our years together we have formed a connection that I think is SO important in therapy. If I could rate her more than 5 stars I would.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?
Dr. Wood has helped me so much trhoughour college. I would recommend her a thousand times if I could!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Emma Wood, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. Wood?

Dr. Wood takes a integrative approach to psychotherapy, utilizing tools and techniques from empirically validated treatments. She is warm, genuine, and helps patients feel comfortable opening up and discussing difficult issues. Dr. Wood uses empirically validated techniques in an integrative fashion to personalize treatment to every patient, assisting them is effectively meeting their goals.

• Psychology