Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD

Psychology ·  Female

Dr. Heyman
1226 31st St NW Washington, DC 20007

Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD is a psychologist in Washington, DC. She specializes in psychology.

Dr. Heyman accepts

Dr. Heyman accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Dr. Heyman treats your condition or procedure

• Psychology

Dr. Heyman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Heyman

4.5

Dr. Heyman?
Dr. Heyman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD
This was my first time seeing a therapist, and Dr. Heyman was a great choice! Dr. Heyman is a patient and empathetic listener. Over our sessions, I learned a lot about my self, my feelings, and the ways I can effectively communicate and see things through others' perspectives. Dr. Heyman helped arm me with multiple tactics and tools to reason with my negative inner voice and address my issues in a healthy way. If I seek therapy again, I will definitely choose Dr. Heyman!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?
My experience with Dr. Heyman was my first time seeking help from a therapist and I am so glad I chose to work with her. I was very nervous in the beginning given that this was my first experience seeing a therapist, but Dr. Heyman made me feel safe and comfortable to share my thoughts and feelings with her. Through our sessions, she helped me gain a better understanding of myself and the behaviors I was struggling with, enabling me to grow and feel more confident and in control of my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?
I have recommended Dr. Heyman to close friends several times. My husband and I have gone to her during two different phases of our lives. I can't find the words to articulate how useful our sessions with Dr. Heyman were and still are today. She was on both our sides. She helped us remove the issues that were essentially covering up/overshadowing our love for each other that was there the whole time. It seemed like she knew it was there from the start and was eager to get down to the business.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?
I've been seeing Dr Heyman for almost 6 years for cognitive behaviour and exploratory therapy. Ive had several therapists over the years, and Dr. Heyman has been one of the most compassionate and dedicated professionals with whom I've had the pleasure to work with. She has made herself available to accommodate my often difficult schedules, even with a phone session while she was out of the country on vacation at a time of crisis. I'm in the heatheist mindframe of my life because of her care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?
I've seen several psychologists/therapists, but no one compares to Dr. Heyman. I've been seeing her for several years, and she's helped me through many personal situations. She is extremely knowledgeable in her field of practice and also has a genuine warmth about her. Overall, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Heyman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?
Dr. Heyman returned my call 48 hours after my voicemail, asked which insurance I had (United) and then told me she didn't have much in the way of appt times. I told her my job is fairly flexible so I could make what she has available work. She told me she had a 5pm slot, but then told me that if I was unwilling to commit to that timeslot, she'd rather book another patient at that time because United doesn't pay very well and she's reluctant to take me on at a low rate So unprofessional.
I regretted my role in this misunderstanding. The...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ellen Heyman, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Heyman?