Ella Gray, LCPC

Ella Gray
Telehealth services available

Guiding Principles Counseling Services, LLC, Gaithersburg, MD

957 Russell Ave Ste A Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Ella Gray, LCPC is a Psychotherapist in Gaithersburg, MD. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Ella Gray to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychotherapists in your area

"As a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist I will work work closely with you to develop new ways of thinking, challenge past patterns of old behaviors that are affecting you currently and keep you from feeling "stuck." I ..."

- Ella Gray, LCPC

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Ella Gray treats your condition or procedure

Ella Gray's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Ella Gray accepts

Ella Gray accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Capital Blue Cross
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC
Johns Hopkins Employer Health Programs
Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan
Medicaid

Ella Gray's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Ella Gray

Ella Gray?
  • Office environment (134)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (132)
  • Staff friendliness (131)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
Sessions with Ms.Gray helped me a lot. She listens to your concerns carefully and works to help you. I highly recommend her.
Ji Choi – Dec 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella Mae helped me through one of the hardest times of my life. Her laugh, wisdom, (and dogs) got me through a horrible experience with death and trauma. I would recommend Ella to anybody! Such a warm and safe environment.
Amanda Breen – Oct 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
After going through a long list of therapists that didn’t seem to be a great fit, Ella is fantastic. She’s everything I need in therapy to get me headed in the right direction! Highly recommend!
S.S. – May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella Gray is a rock star therapist. She has helped me so much. Not just me, but a friend I recommended her to. Because of Ella, I was able to untangle myself from behaviors that kept me making bad decisions and at times had me spinning out of control. She empathetically pushes you to grow and to be your best self. She believed in me, being different, even when I couldn't believe in myself.
May 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella may be more helpful for adolescent, family or individual sessions, but I cannot recommend her for couples therapy. Most of her advice amounted to going on date nights and going "back to the basics," which, if you are there to change the old patterns in your marriage, isn't quite the advice needed. I felt strung along and kept as a client for months without clear goals or structure to the sessions, and at times it felt like my spouse and I were there for her entertainment.
May 13, 2020
For any clients that struggle with emotional...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella always made my visits comfortable and welcoming. I loved that I felt like i was talking to a girlfriend of mine instead of feeling insecure about my problems. Ella always kept her office clean and I LOVED her perfume collection in the bathroom. Such a fun touch and made it feel more at home.
Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
I love Ella! I been going to her for years! She is professional , understanding, and caring to her patients needs. She knows how to do her job well. She will work with your schedule for appointments. When seeing Ella I leave feeling like my appointment helps in so many ways. I feel clear minded and like someone really cared to listen. If you knew me and I say my story you know how much Ella is a blessing to my life. An in my eyes you know when you come across someone who is really good at what they do and has a passion, that’s what I feel about Ella. I refer soo many people to her because of how I know she is worth every visit.
N – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
I´ve been seeing Ella for a few years now. I was drawn to her services as opposed to other therapist in my area because of the professionalism displayed on her website and the positive vibes I got from her on our consultation phone call. Her office is always decorated beautifully and she´s always dressed to impress. I have overcome a lot of my self esteem and self confidence issues with her guidance & she gives me a whole different outlook on the way I should think and go about certain things. I would absolutely recommend her.
Amaya Johnson-McNeil – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella is an exceptional counselor who keeps me goal-oriented. Progress plays a key role in our sessions. Her office is always comfortable and pleasant, and I appreciate the ease of talking to her.
Hailey F – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
I wanted to leave a very honest review of my experience with Ella for those who are searching for a therapist. Ella’s practice caught my eye for several reasons. I loved that she promoted her belief that therapy should be affordable to all and that she accepts most major insurances, as I was trying to find a therpist in network. Further, she allows for dogs in therapy which is very unique and makes complete sense for dog lovers out there! Petting a dog while taking about some really hard stuff is truly therapeutic. I also liked that her practice seemed involved in giving back to the community. However, my first red flag was when I contacted Ella via email and requested a brief phone call consultation to give me a better indication if it would be a good fit. Ella’s response was short and she stated that she didn’t have time for a phone call and any sort of information about the practice and her approach can be found online. While this is true, Ella was the only therapist out of about
Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ms. Gray really helped me work through some issues with a family member who I was considering cutting out of my life. Although I only saw Ms. Gray for a few months, she helped shift my thoughts about the relationship and my part in it so I am now able to proactively interact with the family member. Mission accomplished!
Ann – Nov 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella is the nicest person. Her office is warm and welcoming. She's always cooking something in the crockpot, so her office smells of warm soups and stews haha. There's coffee and fresh baked cookies and fruit to eat. I usually eat my lunch here during my appointment. Ella is a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, and she pushes you to really explore how your negative thoughts keep you feeling stuck and not making progress. In a few short sessions, I saw improvements in my mood, my thoughts and developed a schedule to my day to avoid too much down time, which caused me to ruminate. I see her biweekly now and appreciate the homework and tools I have learned thus far. Be advised, if you don't like dogs, probably not a good idea to come here, as you are allowed to bring your dog to your appointment, which I think is kind of cool. I dont have a dog, but I love to cuddle up with her two dogs during my appointments, except her dog Bella, who loves to lick people haha! Ella's one of a kind!
JT – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ms Ella has been my therapist for all of high school. As I head off to college I am comforted knowing I can meet with her on breaks and holidays to check in. I feel more confident and the Teen Group was very helpful to keep my mood in check each week.
Apr 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella has a warm spirit and has been very easy to talk to and help us resolve some challenges in communication. She is a very good listener and able to relate to many of the challenges we have been facing. Highly recommend for couples therapy or adolescent counseling.
Megan F in Rockville, MD – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
At one of the lowest points in my life Ella was a shining light who’s helped me over the past year to get back on my life path. She’s extremely empathetic, knowledgeable, kind, patient, flexible, and amazing communicator. Through this last year I’ve grown tremendously and it’s thanks to Ella and My God for crossing paths. I am grateful to becoming better and not the bitter person that allot of people thought I’d be. Instead, Ella’s insight and guidance has me finally loving me and owning it! ??
Daisy’s Mama – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella is absolutely AMAZING. I'm so glad that I found her. If your looking for a therapist she is the one. I'm so much more happy that I get to work with her.
LeNeishia in Germantown, MD – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella makes it comfortable to speak and express yourself. Very friendly. I enjoy my visit and would recommend her to anyone!
Jessica – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella has been wonderful in helping me navigate the emotional turmoil of my divorce and moving on. I have always found her guidance to be accurate.
Jason in Germantown, MD – Feb 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ella is very understanding and empathic. I am at ease in her office setting with her and the two-way communication is very helpful and productive. No doubt she has a knack for this line of work. I went there for grief counseling and have found talking with her to help a great deal.
Feb 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?
Ms. Gray is a wonderful therapist who has been a godsend for my teenage daughter who struggles with ADHD and anxiety. She is patient, warm, caring and thorough. Ms. Gray has extended office hours (evenings and weekends) and is more than accommodating with our busy schedule. Side note – she has the cutest office you will ever see, straight off of Pinterest. I wish that we would have found her years ago
Liz Mills – Jan 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Ella Gray, LCPC?

How was your experience with Ella Gray?

As a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist I will work work closely with you to develop new ways of thinking, challenge past patterns of old behaviors that are...Read more

A native of East Tennessee, I now make my home in Montgomery County Maryland. I am a proud veteran of the United States Air Force, and hold a Bachelor...Read more

• Psychotherapy