Elizabeth James, LCPC

Elizabeth James
Telehealth services available

A Common Ground Counseling Center

3905 National Dr Ste 250 Burtonsville, MD 20866

Elizabeth James, LCPC is a Counselor in Burtonsville, MD. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Elizabeth James to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

See similar Counselors in Burtonsville

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Elizabeth James accepts

Elizabeth James accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Medicaid
Amerigroup

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Elizabeth James treats your condition or procedure

Elizabeth James' conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bereavement
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Stress Management

Elizabeth James' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Elizabeth James

Elizabeth James?
I met with Elizabeth over the course of several months. She was very positive and helpful. She listened well, gave honest and useful feedback, and always had suggestions for resources to check out. I appreciated that I could meet with her virtually during COVID and even when I moved out of state (until I found a counselor in my new location). I'm very thankful my nurse practitioner recommended Elizabeth and I would encourage anyone who is seeking a positive counseling experience to book an appointment with her.
Christie – Sep 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
She’s a great listener and suggested many positive ideas . She is a kind and honest therapist.
Sep 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Elizabeth James is a compassionate caregiver, patient and understanding. She worked with me over many months to help me with depression complicated by a serious illness. Through her gentle guidance I am well, and have regained joy and happiness in my life. I strongly recommend her.
Mary – Jul 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
I worked with Elizabeth for about a year and really benefited from her services. She caters the therapy environment to what you need in that moment while always focusing on your personal goals. She helped me through a very difficult time in my life. I would recommend her to anyone!
Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Elizabeth was so helpful to my fiance and I during a time that felt like rock bottom. She is an excellent listener (will remember stories you told her weeks before), knows how to gently guide clients positively towards their goals, ultimately how to empower her clients to continue the healing process. She was always ready right on schedule and easy to contact through email if there were any calendar conflicts. I especially appreciated her storytelling style and her ability to use concrete examples such as books, movies, or personal anecdotes to illustrate her points. We never felt judged--only seen and heard. Highly recommend!!!
Gina – Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Ms. James helped me through a tough time in my life. I worked with her for almost a year if I remember correctly. She listened to my story. I felt heard, comfortable, and understood. Ms. James is a kind person and always wants to help. She went out of her way to help. I remember she would email me resources during the week. I am grateful to have met her. She helped me take control of my life when things were beyond my control. Thank you!
W.K – Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Found someone I can open up to about issues I am facing and received guidance in handling them. Had to pay out of pocket but reasonable cost. Grateful for the experience.
B.M. – Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
She was fantastic. She helped me through the bereavement process that often follows a divorce and helped me manage my bi-polar disorder. She is compassionate and caring, professional and understanding. I would recommend her to anyone seeking counseling services.
Jose Santiago Chaves – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
I just needed an unbiased ear for some issues I was dealing with and she was perfect. Compassionate, caring and knowledgeable. I truly felt I could talk about anything.
Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Elizabeth is one of the most compassionate people I've ever met. I found her to be very helpful when I was trying to understand some of the issues I had. She's very insightful and I always knew that she was working in my best interest. I found it very easy to talk to her and to open up so that I could get the most out of my experience with her.
Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Elizabeth has been one of the most compassionate, helpful therapists I have ever had the pleasure of working with. She would always affirm the truth about who I was and what I was capable of, which helped me immensely when I struggled with self-doubt, fear and comparison. Her straightforward, storytelling style really helped me gain clarity when I would struggle with confusion and with the "I'm all alone in this" syndrome that tends to plague so many of us. Elizabeth is amazing and I'm proud to say that she's a wonderful part of my healing process. Do yourself a favor and meet with her.
EhSo – Jul 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Elizabeth is fantastic. Very insightful, and very helpful. Definitely helped me get through some of the issues I was having. One major bonus is that she perfectly read when I was ready to cut back in terms of visits per month, and then ready to terminate altogether. She's not just going to keep having you come in when you don't really need to. I have had that experience in the past with one other therapist. She knows what she is doing :)
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
I sought out help from Elizabeth due to feeling overwhelemed/stressed/depressed over work and life issues. She was very personable and made it easy to discuss issues that were affecting me and helped me to work through them. It was a good journey that she guided me through, and I would recommend her for certain
Dan in Maryland – Dec 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Mrs.James has been a outrageous blessing to my family and I. She is very helpful and provides exceptional guidance that will lead you onto the right path. I started attending almost 8 months ago and it has made a huge difference in my life. Mrs.James values how you truely feel and helps you work through your emotions. I can always count on her for support and reliance. I recommend her and her expertise to any individual that may just need someone to talk to because she is the go to person!
Ashlee Sims in Burtonsville, MD – Oct 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Ms. James is one of the absolute best! I am not one to usually be so open to people, but she is such a caring, knowledgable, and funny individual who makes it comfortable for me to open up. I am so grateful to have found her!
Chantilly – Oct 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Ms. James is a person who I would highly recommend to anyone. She's understanding, relatable, reliable, and an expert at what she does. It is in your best interest to see Ms. James
College Park, MD – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Best counselor there is in MD. So kind and caring, listens really well. Really funny too. Always easy to have a good conversation with her
Capitol Heights, MD – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?
Ms. James in a practitioner who is patient and stays connected with me during our visits. She listens and empathizes with my feelings which helps me during this healing process. I feel lucky to have found this practitioner.
Falls Church, VA – Oct 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth James, LCPC?

How was your experience with Elizabeth James?

There are times when it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who is objective yet supportive and where you feel heard and validated in a safe environment. I do accept BCBS, Cigna and Medicaid.  For out of pocket payments, my rates are extremely reasonable. I do have a sliding fee scale available for those who have a hard time considering therapy because of financial issues.

• Counseling