Elizabeth Hunter, LPC

Counseling ·  Female · Age 51

Elizabeth Hunter

Liberating Lives Christian Counseling and Psychological Services

6325 N Center Dr Ste 208 Norfolk, VA 23502

Elizabeth Hunter, LPC is a counselor in Norfolk, VA. She specializes in counseling, marriage & family therapy, and more.

Elizabeth Hunter accepts

Elizabeth Hunter accepts the following insurance:

Advantage
Behavioral Health
Optima Health
Commercial HMO
Commercial PPO
Hampton Roads, Charlottesville, Fredericksburg, Lynchburg, Richmond, and the Roanoke Areas of Virginia HMO-High
Tricare
Tricare HMO
Tricare PPO
TRICARE Retired Reserve
Optum Choice

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check if Elizabeth Hunter treats your condition or procedure

Elizabeth Hunter's conditions and procedures:

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Adolescent Depression
  • Adult Panic Anxiety Syndrome
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues

Likelihood to recommend Elizabeth Hunter

Elizabeth Hunter?
Elizabeth Hunter's Performance
What People Say About Elizabeth Hunter, LPC
I first went to see Beth when I was dealing with severe, persistent insomnia after a devastating family trauma. She was such a help to me and some of my other family members! I went through months of EMDR therapy with Beth and ended my counseling sessions in a vastly different place than when I started. No longer depressed, anxious or having insomnia, I was living at peace and living in the truth I already knew, but just needed to apply to my painful memories and loss and all the change in my life. I couldn’t recommend her highly enough!
Great overall experience
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
Her professionalism, communication, and attentiveness really helped my marriage and myself as an individual. The tools she equipped us with were life changing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I highly recommend Elizabeth S. Hunter, LPC for EMDR trauma counseling. After a life-altering and heartbreaking situation came to light, I needed help to let go and move forward. After only ten sessions with Ms. Hunter, God used her and EMDR therapy to help me process incredibly difficult memories, moving me much closer to a place of authentic healing, and giving me courage to embrace my future.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
To whom it may concern: Beth Hunter helped me reinterpret my negative memory assessments of traumatic life experiences into positive and liberating experiences. Events that I once held as negative and left me paralyzed and full of negative feelings, thoughts, and subsequently negative behavior I was able to turn around and totally transform those event into positive reflections with positive emotions and ultimately allowing me to take positive action towards those whom I once held in contempt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I highly recommend Beth Hunter if you are seeking caring, professional & EFFECTIVE counseling services in the Hampton Roads area. She is knowledgeable, skilled & experienced in Biblically & scientifically based methods of healing for your mental & spiritual restoration. Choose to apply yourself to the process Beth will guide you through with God's help, & you will be well on your way to revelations that will lead you to the path of knowing JOY in your life! Beth, I am thankful for you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I have highly recommended Beth to friends. She helped me work through some very tough emotional times in my life dealing with anxiety and depression. Beth is very professional, knowledgeable and compassionate and gave me tools to use which have made a positive impact in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
Beth was so easy to talk with and even easier to pray with! I would and do highly recommend her. She always maintained the biblical perspective without apology and this was the greatest comfort for me. I will miss seeing her on a weekly bases. I am now graduated! God has healed me and placed me on a rock higher than myself and He used Beth to reach that end or should I say beginning!
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
if you are looking for a counselor that will (incorrectly) diagnosis you and terminate therapy 3 days before Christmas (via the office secretary) go see Beth Hunter. Luckily she was incorrect in her diagnosis, because if she was accurate her actions might have caused me to kill myself (based on her diagnosis). Thankfully I had the good sense to seek a legit therapist (one who knows how to diagnosis people), so all I lost was almost 2 years of my life and about $3000.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
Elizabeth Hunter has guided me through some deeply painful moments in my life. She helped me wade through the hurt, forgive others and forgive myself. After each appointment I would leave peaceful and knowing I had heard God. Further, she gave me practical direction on how I could approach people and circumstances.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
Beth Hunter is an excellent counselor. She is kind and skilled in guiding her clients to seek the truth about who they are in God's eyes. She has helped me with personal issues as well as helping my husband and I greatly with parenting and marriage issues. My husband is hard to impress and historically not eager for counseling, but he thinks she is a highly skilled counselor and is not reluctant for he and I to seek her help when the need arises.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I have been seeing Ms. Hunter for 6 months and have a great experience. She is easy to talk to and makes you very comfortable in opening up about the issues you are dealing with. I have recommended her to my preacher as someone he can recommend sending people to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I have found her to be extremely helpful with a variety of issues I've faced in my time seeing her. She is always able to help me navigate through things in a way that works for me. She has an excellent balance of humor and seriousness to keep the appointments from being dry or stale. Her professionalism and bed side manner are top notch. I have recommended her to more than 3-4 people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
5 out of 5 stars! She has helped me immensely through a difficult & transformational time in my life. A word about the practice in general ? Rev. Coward (owner) & the other therapists strive to help others provided that they desire to change & are willing to receive help. I suspect this is where the anonymous low rating may come into play. Stacey in scheduling is incredibly friendly and helpful. The location itself isn?t the fanciest, but the people within the walls set this practice apart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?
I?ve had the pleasure of working w/Ms. Hunter for 6 mo. She?s a Christian counselor who?s knowledgeable in psychological & mental health conditions. She?s an effective communicator & is easy to talk to. Beth offers individual & marital counseling & is flexible w/scheduling. She?s experienced in relationships, parenting, addiction & co-dependency, stress management, trauma, transitional periods & more. Beth is a highly skilled clinician w/utmost professionalism. I highly recommend her services.
×Post a ResponseAre you Elizabeth Hunter, LPC?

How was your experience with Elizabeth Hunter?

Liberating Lives Christian Counseling and Psychological Services