Physical Therapy  |
Dr. Elizabeth Amoroso, DPT
I have been practicing in the outpatient orthopedic clinical setting since 2007. I earned my Doctor of Physical Therapy from Northwestern University in 2005. Since then, I have continued my education in the areas of evaluation and assessment of movement patterning and manual therapy in order to provide the most comprehensive care for my patients. I also have been certified in dry needling since 2013. In addition, I have been a member of the teaching faculty at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences since 2008. I treat all areas of the body, but my love lies in the thoracic and lumbar spine as well as the hip. In my free time, I enjoy staying active by swimming, biking and skiing with my husband. And, I love to cook!

4223 N Lincoln Ave

Chicago, IL 60618

Learn about Dr. Amoroso

My goal is to provide the most comprehensive care to my patients.  My philosophy over the past ten years in the orthopedic setting has been focused on treating the source of the patient's pain and not just his/her symptoms.  Once I determine this, I use a variety of manual techniques (dry needling, soft tissue massage, joint mobilizations, etc) as well as corrective exercise in order to get a person back to pain-free functional movement.  This approach to treatment has proven to have a more sustained outcome in the long run.

• Physical Therapy

Dr. Amoroso does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture

• Orthopedic Rehabilitation
  • Pain Management Through Physical Therapy
  • Physical Therapy
  • Trigger Point Therapy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Holy Cross
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2001
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Functional Dry Needling, Level 1
    Other Education | Completed 2013
  • Functional Dry Needling, Level Ii
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Amoroso has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Amoroso has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Amoroso does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Amoroso and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Amoroso's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Amoroso to family and friends
Dr. Amoroso's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
It is hard to overstate what a skilled physical therapist Beth is. I am pain free for the first time in decades thanks to her effective, custom designed treatment. She was thorough, efficient, timely and always prepared for the appointment and enabled me to maintain my new strength once I left physical therapy. She is also a kind person with a great sense of humor who I would look forward to spending time with. I cannot recommend her highly enough!
in Chicago, IL |
Beth, who I have been seeing since last December, has changed my life. Before I saw her I was having chronic tension headaches, so bad that I couldn't get out of bed. Beth has worked diligently on my back, and neck so that I am pain free and able to go out and live my life. She has customized exercises and workouts to help me strengthen my muscles on my own that are doable. I have learned a vast amount of knowledge about my posture since beginning treatment and still continue to be educated.
in Chicago, IL |
I went in to see Beth with back pain, and she fixed me right up using a combo of dry needling, stimming, and deep tissue massage. She also made sure I knew how to train my muscles to help make sure I didn't have the pain again. Really, I can't recommend her enough.
in Western Springs, IL |
Beth is amazing with my daughter. She's so patient and kind. I've seen great progress thus far, and we both love our weekly appointments!
Chicago, IL |
Beth was consistent and effective in her methods to help me with my condition, she was also very patient and understanding of my financial situation and made the most out of each visit.
in Chicago, IL |
Just the best! I highly recommend Beth. I've been to many different physical therapists and Beth and Anne (both at Symmetry Physical Therapy) were by far the most helpful and effective.
in Chicago I l |
Very focused and prepared. Highly knowledgable and friendly. She made my difficult therapy efficient and fun. I highly recommend Dr. Amoroso.
Have you seen Dr. Elizabeth Amoroso, DPT?
Are you Dr. Amoroso?