Marriage & Family Therapy  |
Female
Elisa Horton, ED.S
My experience goes back long before I ever received a degree as a therapist. I began working at an adolescent treatment facility as paraprofessional staff member starting at the age of 17. That facility addressed addiction and behavioral issues in a semi-residential setting. I have since graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelors in Psychology, a Masters in Counselor Education in the track of Mental Health Counseling, and a Specialist Degree in Counselor Education in the track of Marriage and Family Therapy. During my graduate program, I interned at several facilities: a domestic violence shelter for women and their families, a psychiatric hospital where I rotated between all floors (acute, children's, adult dual diagnosis, and adult addictions unit), and a counseling center that worked with children at schools and at home with their families. My post-graduate work has included: in-home therapy with children being fostered with relatives; office-based therapy with families undergoing separation and divorce; office based work working with children, teens and their families on a variety of issues; and bereavement counseling with adults and teens. Currently, I conduct in-office counseling for individuals, couples, and families working on a variety of issues. During many of these experiences, I have had the privilege of working with individuals, couples, families, groups, and of conducting presentations in the community on various topics of interest. It has been my pleasure to work with people of many different ages, genders, cultures, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. My private practice is a work of love for what I do and all that I am becoming. I am grateful to be involved with many other helping professionals who grace me with their strength and knowledge and whom help me along the way to realize my dreams and potential. I participate voluntarily in paid clinical supervision that I obtain from a master licensed therapist on an as needed basis to ensure that I am at my best. I also participate in peer group on a regular basis to further ensure that I am at my best and offering my wisdom to others in the field. I am also involved in professional organizations and attend as many trainings as I possibly can as I believe staying current and staying stimulated is important. I feel fortunate to have gained such varied experiences, and appreciate how these experiences have given me a wider range of knowledge. Some of training includes but is not limited to: Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy - learn more here (2 day Intro taken in 11/2014, 4 day Externship taken 5/20-24/15, EFT Core Skills Training weekends taken 6/26/2015, 8/2015, 10/2015, 1/2016, and 3/2016), EFT Facing the Dragon Together - Working with traumatized couples 5/2016, EFFT (Emotionally Focused Family Therapy) 2/2017 and still receiving current supervision towards EFT certification (coming soon); Gottman's Couple Therapy Level I (2012) & Level II (2013); Flexible CBT (2012); Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Clinical Hypnosis (2006/2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016) PREP®: The Prevention & Relationship Enhancement Program (certified 2008); levels 1 & 2 of Rapid Trauma Resolution (2006/2007); Critical Incident Stress Debriefing/CISD(2006); and Red Cross Disaster Response Training/ Psychological First Aid (2006). I truly enjoy the learning/CEUs and advancing myself professionally. My training hours consistently have exceeded the amount needed for my LMFT, LMHC, and NCC credentials. I am engaged locally in 2 professional peer groups that both meet once a month and am regularly engaged in paid supervision from master therapist as I enjoy learning all I can in order to better serve my clients.

901 SW Martin Downs Blvd Ste 317

Palm City, FL 34990

Learn about Elisa Horton

Find out more at www.elisahorton.com.

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Psychotherapy

Elisa Horton does not have any board certifications listed.

• Grief
  • Relationship Issues

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy

• University Of Florida
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Florida
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Elisa Horton has no awards or honors listed.

Elisa Horton has no media or publications listed.

Elisa Horton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Elisa Horton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Elisa Horton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Elisa Horton to family and friends
based on 4 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Elisa Horton's Performance
Palm City, FL |
I can't say enough about Mrs. Horton. I learned so much about myself during the time that I spent with her. She has that rare ability to connect with the people she works with, which allows her to quickly provide the assistance they need.
Have you seen Elisa Horton, ED.S?
Are you Elisa Horton?