Elisa Horton, ED.S

Elisa Horton, ED.S

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Female
Elisa Horton, ED.S is a marriage & family therapist in Palm City, FL. She specializes in marriage & family therapy, counseling, and more.Read her story

901 SW Martin Downs Blvd Ste 317

Palm City, FL 34990

Learn about Elisa Horton

Elisa Horton's bio

This content was provided by Elisa Horton "Hi, my name is Elisa Horton. My experience goes back long before I ever received a degree as a therapist. I began working at an adolescent treatment facility as paraprofessional staff member starting at the age of 17. That facility addressed addiction and behavioral issues in a semi-residential setting. I have since graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelors in Psychology, a Masters in Counselor Education in the track of Mental Health Counseling, and a Specialist Degree in Counselor Education in the track of Marriage and Family Therapy. During my graduate program, I interned at several facilities: a domestic violence shelter for women and their families, a psychiatric hospital where I rotated between all floors (acute, children's, adult dual diagnosis, and adult addictions unit), and a counseling center that worked with children at schools and at home with their families. My post-graduate work has included: in-home therapy with children being fostered with relatives; office-based therapy with families undergoing separation and divorce; office based work working with children, teens and their families on a variety of issues; and bereavement counseling with adults and teens. Currently, I conduct in-office counseling for individuals, couples, and families working on a variety of issues. During many of these experiences, I have had the privilege of working with individuals, couples, families, groups, and of conducting presentations in the community on various topics of interest. It has been my pleasure to work with people of many different ages, genders, cultures, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations. My private practice is a work of love for what I do and all that I am becoming. I am grateful to be involved with many other helping professionals who grace me with their strength and knowledge and whom help me along the way to realize my dreams and potential. I participate voluntarily in paid clinical supervision that I obtain from a master licensed therapist on an as needed basis to ensure that I am at my best. I also participate in peer group on a regular basis to further ensure that I am at my best and offering my wisdom to others in the field. I am also involved in professional organizations and attend as many trainings as I possibly can as I believe staying current and staying stimulated is important. I feel fortunate to have gained such varied experiences, and appreciate how these experiences have given me a wider range of knowledge. Some of training includes but is not limited to: Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy - learn more here (2 day Intro taken in 11/2014, 4 day Externship taken 5/20-24/15, EFT Core Skills Training weekends taken 6/26/2015, 8/2015, 10/2015, 1/2016, and 3/2016), EFT Facing the Dragon Together - Working with traumatized couples 5/2016, EFFT (Emotionally Focused Family Therapy) 2/2017 and still receiving current supervision towards EFT certification (coming soon); Gottman's Couple Therapy Level I (2012) & Level II (2013); Flexible CBT (2012); Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Clinical Hypnosis (2006/2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, & 2016) PREP®: The Prevention & Relationship Enhancement Program (certified 2008); levels 1 & 2 of Rapid Trauma Resolution (2006/2007); Critical Incident Stress Debriefing/CISD(2006); and Red Cross Disaster Response Training/ Psychological First Aid (2006). I truly enjoy the learning/CEUs and advancing myself professionally. My training hours consistently have exceeded the amount needed for my LMFT, LMHC, and NCC credentials. I am engaged locally in 2 professional peer groups that both meet once a month and am regularly engaged in paid supervision from master therapist as I enjoy learning all I can in order to better serve my clients."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling
  • Psychotherapy

Elisa Horton does not have any board certifications listed.

• Grief
  • Relationship Issues

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy

Undergraduate School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Florida
    Other Education | Completed 2002

• Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC), 01/04/2003

Elisa Horton has no media or publications listed.

Elisa Horton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Elisa Horton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Elisa Horton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Elisa Horton

Elisa Horton?
Elisa Horton's Performance
What People Say About Elisa Horton, ED.S
RecentHighestLowest
What a difference Elisa has made in my life . I would never have thought I would seek out counseling and glad Elisa was the one who I selected to help me . She has a way of making you feel very comfortable and you leave her appt knowing she really cares.
Paula – Jan 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Elisa Horton, ED.S?
I can't say enough about Mrs. Horton. I learned so much about myself during the time that I spent with her. She has that rare ability to connect with the people she works with, which allows her to quickly provide the assistance they need.
Palm City, FL – May 27, 2017
Thank you so much for letting me know our work...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Elisa Horton, ED.S?

How was your experience with Elisa Horton?