Dr. Elinor Bock, PHD

Dr. Elinor Bock, PHD

Psychotherapy  ·
Female
Dr. Elinor Bock, PHD is a psychotherapist in New York, NY. She graduated from New School University and specializes in psychotherapy.Read her story

6 E 39th St # 800

New York, NY 10016

Learn about Dr. Bock

Dr. Bock's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bock "I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist who specializes in working with adults, adolescents, and couples. I take an active and empathetic approach to psychotherapy by establishing mutually agreed upon therapeutic goals with my clients and providing a comfortable space to explore, discuss, and be heard. My therapy style is rooted in psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral (CBT), and dialectical behavioral (DBT) therapies, which I utilize to best meet the needs of my clients. With these approaches, I empower my clients to identify and achieve their goals by drawing on their unique individual strengths and minimizing their fear and anxiety. Further, they are able to gain a deeper understanding of who they are and how their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors impact their functioning and relationships with others. Ultimately, my focus is on increasing my clients' self-awareness and on helping them to reduce anxiety and to tap into their natural abilities to navigate obstacles. Through this process they can make deep and lasting changes in order to achieve what they want in life. Moreover, I enable my clients to develop tools to help them handle life's difficulties and events that may come their way in the future."

• Psychotherapy

Dr. Bock does not have any board certifications listed.

• Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychoeducation
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New School University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Bock has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bock has no media or publications listed.

• Hebrew

Dr. Bock does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bock and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bock's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bock to family and friends

Dr. Bock's Performance

My girlfriend and I saw Dr. Bock for 6 months. She is lovely: calm, friendly, and bright. She helped us see each other's perspective and gave us tools to better communicate. Our relationship is now solid, steady, and easy.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I would definitely recommend Dr. Bock. She helped me through my grieving. Dr. Bock makes you feel very comfortable and she is willing to work around your schedule.
Excellent therapist!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Bock is the best therapist. I have been working with her for years now and not only does she make me feel extremely comfortable but she really helps me continue to understand how to cope with my day-to-day stressors. She's also a very nice person in general and is always engaged and paying...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Bock helped me so much! She understood me right away and was so caring. I made so much progress. i no longer have panic attacks or anxiety at parties. I saw a lot of therapists. She is by far the best one. She had a totally different approach that really worked for me. I highly recommend her!
Are you Dr. Bock?