Dr. Efrat Aharonovich, PHD

Dr. Efrat Aharonovich, PHD

Addiction Psychology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Efrat Aharonovich, PHD is an addiction psychologist in New York, NY. She graduated from The New School For Social Research and specializes in addiction psychology and cognitive & behavioral psychology.Read her story

170 W 73rd St Lbby Ste

New York, NY 10023

Learn about Dr. Aharonovich

Dr. Aharonovich's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Aharonovich "I am a Manhattan based psychologist assisting individuals to cope with life's challenges, changes and transitions. May it be a struggle with addiction, adjustments to environmental or cultural demands, managing a life/work balance or dealing with complexities of relationships, my treatment is guided by research and the use of evidence-based pragmatic approaches. In my 20 years of clinical practice, I worked collaboratively and respectfully with my patients to help them achieve their goals in life. For over 20 years, I have specialized in the treatment of addiction and co-occurrence of depression, as a psychologist and as a clinical researcher. I have received multiple NIH grant funding and served as a Principal Investigator and co-Investigator developing and successfully testing approaches to treat drinking problems and stimulant use, as described in my scientific publications. I am an Associate Professor at the Columbia University Department of Psychiatry, where I have co-developed a year-long course on cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT), including teaching and supervising psychiatry residents. I am fluent in English and Hebrew. I work with Jewish orthodox women and the LGBT community."

• Addiction Psychology
  • Cognitive & Behavioral Psychology

Dr. Aharonovich does not have any board certifications listed.

• Crisis Intervention
  • Diagnostic Evaluation
  • Psychological Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• The New School For Social Research
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Aharonovich has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Aharonovich has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Aharonovich does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Aharonovich and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Aharonovich's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Aharonovich

Dr. Aharonovich?
Dr. Aharonovich's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Efrat Aharonovich, PHD
Dr. Aharonovich is highly skilled compassionate psychologist. Her evaluation and diagnosis of my mental problems were very accurate. She helped me with my short and long terms goals and we planned together ways for me to successfully reach them.
G.Stam in New York – Aug 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Efrat Aharonovich, PHD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aharonovich?