Podiatry  |
Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to check out our practice. I'm Dr. Douglas Smith, senior podiatrist at InStride-Family Foot & Ankle Center. I've been in practice in Raleigh and Henderson since 1991. I'm board certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery; and wound management by the American Board of Wound Management.

1004 Dresser Ct Ste 102

• inHealth
  • INTotal Health
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Smith

See how frequently Dr. Smith performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot Conditions
Nail Avulsion and Excision
Foot Sprain

Dr. Smith's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Smith "My practice philosophy is to help you with your foot problem in a friendly, efficient manner. I treat my patients like I would a member of my own family.  I take the time to educate you on your condition and the options you have for treating your problem.

I participate with most insurance companies including Medicare, Blue Cross, Cigna and United Health Care.

Please give us a call so you can start the road to an active, pain-free lifestyle.

Remember, your feet don't have to hurt."

• Podiatry

• Tendon Surgery
  • Wart Removal
  • Wart Treatment
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Florida
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • Finch University Of Health Sciences / Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • Central Community Hospital Clifton Illinois
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Central Community Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
Dr. Smith's Performance
New Bern, NC |
I had a toe problem and Dr. Smith took care of it the day of the appointment. Most Dr.'s would have made me come back for another appointment to take care of the problem. He was very nice and easy to talk to. He made sure I understood the procedure and that I was not in any pain. All the staff is very nice and they make you feel right at home. I would recommend Dr. Smith to any of my family members and to my friends.
Raleigh, NC |
Wonderful doctor! Went in for one procedure and had additional unrelated questions. Dr. Smith readily answered me, gave me information and made me feel at ease for asking the questions. On top of this, the staff squeezed me in due to severity of the first procedure and I really appreciate it. Linda/Carmen were very professional and helpful.
in Wake Forest, NC |
Dr Smith does indeed treat patients like family. He has kept my '50 years of type 1 diabetic toes' in great shape. Over the years he has attended to my foot issues assuring proper care and healing such that my foot issues didn't become major and allowing me to always stay active (still jogging at 70).
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Smith is a rare find. He is a very patient and skilled podiatrist. I had an in office procedure done and felt no pain! Dr. Smith explained everything to me ahead of time, during the procedure and what to expect afterward. While he could not guarantee that I won't need OP surgery in the future to correct my problem I feel a huge sense of relief knowing that I am in his care.
in Durham, NC |
I had a problem with the nail pocket of my big toe. After some research, I called Dr. Smith at InStride Family Foot and Ankle Center. I was able to get an appointment the same day. The staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. When I arrived, I filled out a little paperwork. Then Dr. Smith examined me, treated and bandaged my toe and wrote a prescription. He was very professional and answered all of my questions completely. I recommend him and his staff highly.
in Clayton, NC |
My visit with Dr Smith was very successful, he evaluated my condition and provided a very clear explanation of my situation.....very patient listener
Garner, NC |
I went in for a an ingrown toenail. The front staff was very friendly. Dr. Smith was concise with his recommendation and all follow up instructions. I was back at work within the hour.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Smith was thorough with diagnosis, very helpful in establishing the possible causes and explained the condition he thought I was suffering from in details I could understand. He also took his time and made sure I was comfortable before and after the procedure. I will most definitely recommend Dr. Smith to my friends and family. Thank you Doc.
in Raleigh, NC |
Everyone in Dr. Smith's office was so kind and welcoming. They were easy to talk to and clear when providing direction or telling you what was happening. There was always someone paying attention to you and making sure you were comfortable and okay. My visit was short and comfortable. They assured me that they would be accessible for questions and concerns after my visit, and if I had any concerns with my recovery.
Newark, DE |
Dr. Smith is an EXCELLENT physician. He is kind, patient and very knowledgeable.
Raleigh, NC |
Compassionate and competent Doctor and practice. Couldn't ask for a better experience.
in Durham, NC |
He was great at explaining what I needed to have done. Very patient and made me feel very comfortable.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Smith is very thorough in diagnosing the problem. He does not rush you, but gathers the facts and finds a solution to the problem. He is both friendly and professional.
Raleigh, NC |
I was lucky to get an appointment within an hour. The staff was super friendly. Dr. Smith was polite, explained what was wrong with my toe nail, treatment and expectations. He answered my questions regarding future care alternatives, approximate costs and expected length of time to heal my nail.
in Raleigh, NC |
This was my first visit with the practice. I left there feeling like I had been going there for years. Everyone there was so nice and welcoming. I would recommend them to anyone. The doctor even gave me an option for long term treatment vs. treating as it becomes painful. I had asked a previous doctor and was told there was no other options so I was very appreciative that he made this recommendation.
in Raleigh, NC |
I went to Dr Smith after an initial consult with another podiatrist and due to a lack of office professionalism with that initial office. The staff of Dr Smith was very courteous, professional, friendly, and comforting. I loved every single staff member as well as Dr Smith and felt complete confidence in all each offered me in my visit. As soon as I can get my schedule worked out Dr Smith will be doing my bilateral foot procedure. I was made to feel well informed with all my questions answers.
in Raleigh, NC |
Before I needed podiatrist services myself, I was a caregiver for another of Dr. Smith's patients, Samuel Wingate Badgett, who died at the age of 91 on 7/4/2010. I took Sam to his visits with Dr. Smith, who was ALWAYS what one would term a perfect physician. He was with Sam, and on my two appointments with him-------------the last one being Tuesday, 5/24/16----------just absolutely wonderful, calm, compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, and willing to address any and all concerns.
in Raleigh, NC |
This was my first appointment with Dr. Smith. He listened carefully to my history and the current problems I was having with my feet and was able to provide immediate relief as well as giving me practical suggestions for dealing with the problem in the future.
Raleigh NC |
This was the first time seeing Dr Smith. But it was the third time visiting this office for the same problem. Dr Smith was very professional and concerned . My only problem with this office was they charged me a copay of $45 for 3 office visits for the same problem. First time for the initial visit, for the follow up and a third time for pain with the same problem. I am on disability and spending $135 in a month for the same problem is not something I can afford. I won't be returning.
in Henderson, nc |
Dr.Smith listened to my situation thoroughly,performed x-ray to see my problem. I was very much satisfied.
Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Smith listened carefully and patiently while I explained my foot problems and medical history. He did not appear to be rushed, instead he took the time necessary to understand my condition and concerns. He suggested several ways to resolve my problems and let me make a decision as to how to proceed. I liked the no pressure approach and will continue to work with him if future problems occur.
Have you seen Dr. Douglas Smith, DPM?
Are you Dr. Smith?