Douglas Hall, LCSW

CounselingMale

Douglas Hall

Hall Counseling & Associates, Inc.

2214 Boll St Dallas, TX 75204

Douglas Hall, LCSW is a Counselor in Dallas, TX and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Texas At Arlington medical school in 1997. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Douglas Hall to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Counselors in your area

Review Highlight

"The truth about Mr. Hall is that not only is he an excellent therapist who gently confronts me when he should; provides meaningful homework & handouts;..."

- Daniel C. in Dallas, TXSee more reviews

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Douglas Hall treats your condition or procedure

Douglas Hall's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Adolescent Counseling
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Behavior Modification
  • Biofeedback
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Douglas Hall accepts

Douglas Hall accepts the following insurance:

Advantage

Douglas Hall's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Douglas Hall

4.2

Douglas Hall?
  • Office environment (40)
  • Staff friendliness (37)
  • Explained conditions well (36)
  • Appointment was rushed (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (8)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
As a therapist and a patient of Mr. Hall, his excellent reputation is well known around the community. He receives referrals from physicians, psychiatrists, therapists, and employers. He is excellent at what he does and has an art of adjusting his therapy sessions to the needs of his patients. He stays current on new trends and procedures in practice. He works with his clients until they have reached their goals. I have only heard of him terminated a patient if they were VERY non-compliant.
Mellisa R. in Arlington, TX – Jul 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Doug is an overall great guy. He knows just how hard to push me in therapy in order for me to achieve optimal results. He is very intelligent and well-rounded. It's obvious that he stays current on his continuing education because he regularly brings material into my psychotherapy sessions that is pertinent and very useful for my psychological growth. Several members of my family and friends have and currently work with him. I wish I could duplicate him, because sometimes he fills up.
Peter M in dallas, TX – Jul 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
All I can say is that Mr. Hall is the perfect fit for me as a psychotherapist. He works very hard with me in therapy. If he doesn't have the answer he will definitely research until he finds it or links me up with the correct person to assist me. He knows just how hard to push me in my growth without pushing too hard. I am paying him to assist me in emotional growth and he is doing an excellent job in the process. Not everyone may be prepared to work as hard as he is in psychotherapy.
Melisssa A. in Arlington, TX – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
The truth about Mr. Hall is that not only is he an excellent therapist who gently confronts me when he should; provides meaningful homework & handouts; and knows his trade very, very well; but it's like talking to a friend during our psychotherapy sessions. He maintains appropriate boundaries but is willing to go out of his way to help me. He has high expectations for his patients and delivers high quality therapy. He may not be the therapist for someone who isn't willing to do their part.
Daniel C. in Dallas, TX – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
It took me years to find such a professional, highly experienced, kind, and extremely HELPFUL psychotherapist like Douglas Hall. He has gone out of his way including working me in at lunch; starting very early in the day; starting very late in the day to provide a needed psychotherapy session. The woman below that just attempts destroy Mr. Hall must have been an extremely problematic patient and not willing to following the basic rules of counseling if Mr. Hall terminated services with her.
Donald W. in Arlington, TX – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
I've been working with Mr. Hall for a couple of years now. It is VERY disappointing that the person below would portray such an inaccurate picture of him and his practice. He portrays the "three A's" in a great provider: AVAILABILITY: he sees patients from 8:00 am - 9:00 pm Monday - SATURDAY); AFFORDABILITY (He is very fair with his billing practices); and AFFABILITY (he is easy to talk to and will provide positive and constructive negative feedback in a very approachable, kind manner).
Donna M. in Dallas, TX – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
My Hall is the best therapist I have ever had. He is timely, professional, kind, & flexible. He would NEVER terminate a client's therapy unless they were very noncompliant with their treatment plans or appointments. He has gone over and above to assist me in psychotherapy. He is flexible and has ALWAYS been more than fair when it comes to billing and scheduling. Friends, family members, & I have seen him through the years. He is NOT the person that the individual describes below.
Edward M. in Dallas, TX – Jul 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Only leaving one star because I had to leave SOMETHING. He abruptly ended our therapist/patient relationship via TEXT by pretending that he didn’t know who I was. So very unprofessional. His actions set me back significantly and I wouldn’t recommend his “services” to my worst enemy. I lodged a formal complaint to my healthcare provider and I just might lodge one also with the state. Just awful, stay away.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Theresa M. in Mesquite, TX – Jun 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Provides specific assignments to help to understand myself, Willing to listen to all my issues
Lee S. in Arlington, TX – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Wonderful psychotherapist and biofeedback specialist. I have gained a great amount of insight from both of his practices in achieving better health. He has a very grounding nature and guides the client in promoting wellness in various domains of focus.
Nate C in Dallas, TX – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
I have been going to Douglas Hall for quite awhile and at first I had no idea what Biofeedback was. I have learned so much and because of Mr. Hall I have learned how to relax my muscles and control my anxiety! He is very patient at explaining to you exactly what he is trying to have you do. I leave so relaxed and knowing if any anxiety starts up I can control it by controlling my breathing and relaxing my muscles. I'm so glad my Dr. Referred me to him, now my life is better ! Thank you Mr. Hall
Margie Norum in Palmer, TX – Jan 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
I recommend Dr. Hall because he will go out his way to see you in the time of need. Dr Hall will follow up on you in your lowest moments when you're schedule for an appointment. He also listens to you and provide you with excellent feed back. I went to a few different counselors in Dr Hall is by far the best one I encounter. Thank you Dr Hall for all you do......Will
Will Jackson in Ft Worth, TX – Jan 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Doug is one of the best psychotherapist I have ever worked with. It's very obvious that he definitely cares about his patients. He is flexible, challenges me, and complies with the rules of his practice. He of course also expects me to comply with the same agreed upon rules. He assigns useful home work and obviously keeps up with his continuing education to be current in his practice techniques. Any brief period of time that he may need to take away from a session, he ALWAYS gives it back
Jane in Arlington, TX – Jan 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Three years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD and sought help from Doug Hall about an experience i had in the military 50 yrs ago. For 47 yrs I had lived in secret with this mental illness. Then I was introduced to Psychotherapist, Doug Hall and my life changed - for the better I might add. There is no one else in the world that knows as much about my mental make-up and stability as Counselor Hall. Under his therapeutic treatment my life has become much more manageable. The biofeedback is awesome!
Louis V. Peterson in Desoto, TX – Jan 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
While counseling started out great with Mr Hall, over the course of time I realized that if I said Black he said Black, if I said it was purple he also agreed it was purple. Doug however is very inflexible during an emergency when a cancelled appointment is needed yet as a patient and time is taken from session he does not reciprocate...including taking calls and other personal business in session.
FaerieGirl in Dallas, TX – Jan 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
My boyfriend and I have been seeing Doug for pain management, anxiety, and couples counseling for almost 2 years. Doug is knowledgeable, non-judgmental, and easy to talk to. What I appreciate most about him is that he picks up very quickly on his patients' learning styles and shapes his therapy around them so that everyone gets the most benefit possible. The only problem I have is the occasional lapse in appointment availability- Doug gets booked up fast. That's because of how good he is.
HW in Dallas, TX – Jan 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
My counseling experience with Doug Hall has been the most productive since I began counseling/therapy in the early 1990's. I feel that I have an easy rapport with him which allows me to express myself freely. He always offers insightful viewpoints which help me to think and sort my emotions and feelings. This has been the longest time that I've ever continued with one counselor, and that,s because I feel Doug is the best at what he does!
Stacy W. in Arlington, TX – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
After the first session we decided not to come back for more. This therapist played on the internet during our time and turned our martial counseling session into private counseling just for my husband without asking us what we wanted. He also kept both our DL's and we had to wait after hours to get them because he insisted he didn't have them. All off this was extremely frustrating for a new set of patients dealing with a lot already. We would definitely not recommend Doug Hall.
Ft Worth, TX – Dec 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Through his counseling and bio-feedback education, he helped me to eliminate my tendency to become agitated and manage my overall reactions to life's' dilemmas.
Austin in Arlington, TX – Nov 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Doug has been very instrumental in helping to curb my ongoing anxiety. My wife has noticed that I don't get nearly as stressed or frustrated (with tasks... not her) as I did prior to my counseling sessions with Doug. He really does help you arm yourself against anxiety.
Robert D. in Arlington, TX – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Douglas Hall, LCSW?

How was your experience with Douglas Hall?

Highly experienced licensed counselor and biofeedback therapist with over 18 years of clinical experience. Populations served include children age 13 and...Read more

• Counseling