Counseling  |
Male
Douglas Hall, LCSW
Douglas Hall, LCSW is a counseling provider who practices in Dallas, TX. He has been practicing for 20 years.

2214 Boll St

Dallas, TX 75204

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
  • Magellan Health Services
  • Medicare
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Douglas Hall

Highly experienced licensed counselor and biofeedback therapist with over 18 years of clinical experience. Populations served include children age 13 and up, adults, couples, and geriatric clients. Cognitive-Behavioral psychotherapist/biofbeedback therapist utilizing a warm empathic approach to therapy. Day, evening, and weekend appointments available. Easily accessible office locations in downtown/uptown Dallas and Arlington, Texas. Please refer to webb sight: DOUGHALLCOUNSELOR.COM

• Counseling
  • Biofeedback

Douglas Hall does not have any board certifications listed.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Depressive Episode
  • Grief
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Relationship Issues
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Stress

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Biofeedback
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services

• University Of Texas At Arlington
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Veterans Affairs Medical Center Dallas, Texas
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996

Douglas Hall has no awards or honors listed.

Douglas Hall has no media or publications listed.

Douglas Hall does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Douglas Hall and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Douglas Hall's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Douglas Hall to family and friends
4.2
Douglas Hall's Performance
in Arlington, TX |
Provides specific assignments to help to understand myself, Willing to listen to all my issues
in Dallas, TX |
Wonderful psychotherapist and biofeedback specialist. I have gained a great amount of insight from both of his practices in achieving better health. He has a very grounding nature and guides the client in promoting wellness in various domains of focus.
in Palmer, TX |
I have been going to Douglas Hall for quite awhile and at first I had no idea what Biofeedback was. I have learned so much and because of Mr. Hall I have learned how to relax my muscles and control my anxiety! He is very patient at explaining to you exactly what he is trying to have you do. I leave so relaxed and knowing if any anxiety starts up I can control it by controlling my breathing and relaxing my muscles. I'm so glad my Dr. Referred me to him, now my life is better ! Thank you Mr. Hall
in Ft Worth, TX |
I recommend Dr. Hall because he will go out his way to see you in the time of need. Dr Hall will follow up on you in your lowest moments when you're schedule for an appointment. He also listens to you and provide you with excellent feed back. I went to a few different counselors in Dr Hall is by far the best one I encounter. Thank you Dr Hall for all you do......Will
in Arlington, TX |
Doug is one of the best psychotherapist I have ever worked with. It's very obvious that he definitely cares about his patients. He is flexible, challenges me, and complies with the rules of his practice. He of course also expects me to comply with the same agreed upon rules. He assigns useful home work and obviously keeps up with his continuing education to be current in his practice techniques. Any brief period of time that he may need to take away from a session, he ALWAYS gives it back
in Desoto, TX |
Three years ago I was diagnosed with PTSD and sought help from Doug Hall about an experience i had in the military 50 yrs ago. For 47 yrs I had lived in secret with this mental illness. Then I was introduced to Psychotherapist, Doug Hall and my life changed - for the better I might add. There is no one else in the world that knows as much about my mental make-up and stability as Counselor Hall. Under his therapeutic treatment my life has become much more manageable. The biofeedback is awesome!
in Dallas, TX |
I have been wrkng with Mr. Hall for about 8 months. He DOES NOT simply agree with me to placate me. He encourages me, he challenges me, and he gives pertinent assignments and homework. He explains the rules of his practice quite clearly on day one and he IS FLEXIBLE IF AN EMERGENCY occurs. He ALSO expects me to comply with the rules of attendance in a fair way. If he has every had an emergency call from a relative or the psych hospital HE ALWAYS GIVES TIME BACK TO ME AT THIS OR NEXT SESSION
in Dallas, TX |
While counseling started out great with Mr Hall, over the course of time I realized that if I said Black he said Black, if I said it was purple he also agreed it was purple. Doug however is very inflexible during an emergency when a cancelled appointment is needed yet as a patient and time is taken from session he does not reciprocate...including taking calls and other personal business in session.
in Dallas, TX |
My boyfriend and I have been seeing Doug for pain management, anxiety, and couples counseling for almost 2 years. Doug is knowledgeable, non-judgmental, and easy to talk to. What I appreciate most about him is that he picks up very quickly on his patients' learning styles and shapes his therapy around them so that everyone gets the most benefit possible. The only problem I have is the occasional lapse in appointment availability- Doug gets booked up fast. That's because of how good he is.
in Arlington, TX |
My counseling experience with Doug Hall has been the most productive since I began counseling/therapy in the early 1990's. I feel that I have an easy rapport with him which allows me to express myself freely. He always offers insightful viewpoints which help me to think and sort my emotions and feelings. This has been the longest time that I've ever continued with one counselor, and that,s because I feel Doug is the best at what he does!
in Arlington, TX |
My family and I have been seeing Mr. Hall off and on for several years. In additional to being a very good therapist, he is one of the most ethical and fair professionals we have ever done business with. He always provides us with our allocated therapy time. He is very fair and conscientious with billing. After the insurance payment goes to him, he will quickly adjust our fee if we happen to be due a refund. He has provided my family and I with a great deal of high quality psychotherapy.
Ft Worth, TX |
After the first session we decided not to come back for more. This therapist played on the internet during our time and turned our martial counseling session into private counseling just for my husband without asking us what we wanted. He also kept both our DL's and we had to wait after hours to get them because he insisted he didn't have them. All off this was extremely frustrating for a new set of patients dealing with a lot already. We would definitely not recommend Doug Hall.
in Arlington, TX |
Through his counseling and bio-feedback education, he helped me to eliminate my tendency to become agitated and manage my overall reactions to life's' dilemmas.
in Arlington, TX |
Doug has been very instrumental in helping to curb my ongoing anxiety. My wife has noticed that I don't get nearly as stressed or frustrated (with tasks... not her) as I did prior to my counseling sessions with Doug. He really does help you arm yourself against anxiety.
in Garland, TX |
Doug is a kind and wonderfully resourceful therapist, who has kind of miraculously helped me through a lifetime of yuck in the past few months. I didn't think it possible, to be honest. I pretty much thought I was broken beyond repair. With his gentle and non-judgemental demeanor, he has turned my life around into something I can deal with. The setting is beautiful and very physically comfortable, as well. I'm forever grateful.
in Duncanville, TX |
Doug is a likeable guy, and very authentic.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Hall is very intelligent and personable however he is very unprofessional in several ways, including eating in sessions, taking phone calls during sessions, and attempting office tasks (such as repairing a FAX machine during one of my sessions). I felt like I was in his way more than I felt I was a client. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Hall to anyone
in Arlington, TX |
good
in Arlington, TX |
I've been a patient of Douglas Hall's for the past two years. The therapy I received has made a tremendous difference in my life and I couldn't be more thankful for the tools and guidance he has given me during this time. I also received biofeedback which helped with anxiety in the workplace and otherwise. I would definitely recommend him as a therapist to any of my friends and family.
in Arlington, TX |
Doug is the most non-judgmental person I have ever met, who I trust completely. He is generous with his time, his knowledge, and his empathy for others. I went to Doug for Biofeedback; however, we have spent much more time exploring the real issues of my life that have caused the anxiety and depression I have suffered for years. If Doug were not my counselor, I would want him as a friend. I highly recommend him. He is a blessing for those who are truly ready to be healed.
in Ft Worth, TX |
I have seen other therapists, the difference with Dr. Hall is he cares about helping his patients. He gives you several ideas on how to make things better for you. It can be reading something that relates to your issues to biofeedback. He will continue to look in all areas to help resolve your issues. He doesn't give up. He doesn't push you, but he makes it very clear helping you is a top priority. He is very professional, kind. I would refer patients. They would get the best care. Best Dr.
in Dallas, TX |
I was a patient of Mr. Hall. I have waited for 8 months to give a review. He is not a bad man. I think his organization of patient schedule and paperwork is very negative. I like this man very much but I don't know that I would refer people to contact him. Just be aware that he at times is not professional in the way he handles business. thank you and Yes I really like Mr. Hall I just would not recommend his services at this time.
in Arlington, TX |
Extremely rude and unprofessional.
Have you seen Douglas Hall, LCSW?
Are you Douglas Hall?