Dorothy McGrath, PA-C

Physician Assistant (PA)FemaleAge 46

Dorothy McGrath, PA-C is a Physician Assistant in Portsmouth, NH. She is affiliated with Portsmouth Regional Hospital. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dorothy McGrath to book an appointment.

Dorothy McGrath

Beacon Internal Medicine

330 Borthwick Ave Ste 101 Portsmouth, NH 03801
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Physician Assistants in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

• Immunization
  • Physical Examination
  • Vaccination

Dorothy McGrath accepts

Dorothy McGrath accepts the following insurance:

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Medicaid
Medicare
Special Needs Plan SNP

Dorothy McGrath's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dorothy McGrath

Dorothy McGrath
Dorothy McGrath has been spot on with everything in taking care of my father. Her knowledge is phenomenal and I would not want him in the care/oversight of anyone else. Her prior cardiac and cardiothoracic experience is indispensable. Dorothy has caught serious medical issues teams of doctors in Boston did not, we truly believe she has saved his life. Dorothy takes the time until the patient understands exactly what is happening and makes sure they feel as comfortable as possible.
Fagan Family – Aug 28, 2020
Dorothy McGrath is excellent in dealing with health issues and provides helpful recommendations on how to improve ones health with the outmost ease, care and smile.
Jul 13, 2020
Dorothy is always my preferred choice when being seen at Beacon. She is kind and empathetic and always addresses my concerns.
Jun 16, 2020
Dorothy is an exceptional provider. She listens, cares and keeps me informed every step of the way. I highly recommend her.
Jun 08, 2020
Dorothy is always pleasant, kind and understanding. Answers any and all questions or concerns I may have and I consider myself lucky to have her as my health care provider.
Judy – Jun 01, 2020
Dorothy took quite a bit of time talking to get to know me personally. By doing so it not only made me feel that she was interested in me as a person, but by talking long enough with me, and more importantly really listening, was able to make an accurate diagnosis for my health condition. Health professionals must take the time to talk with patients. When they do, they get better insight on what is going on with the patient’s health, the patient gets more comfortable and willing to trust the health professional resulting in earlier results and successful treatment. Dorothy was friendly, made me feel comfortable talking to her, showed interest in listening to me, was really concerned to make my health better, didn’t rush me, and had insight on my health problem and how to treat it better than some doctors. I would highly recommend her.
Barbara Brucato – May 25, 2020
My visits to Beacon Internal Medicine are always consistent and I love that!!! You enter into a healthy environment with a friendly and well prepared staff. Wait times are often very short when you are on time, and if you are early often you are taken early. A great incentive to be on-time or early for your appointments. Dorothy McGrath greets you as always, with a friendly smiling face, very professional and well prepared to discuss with you why you are there for a visit. Dorothy is very easy to communicate with and you feel, as though you are receiving very special care. I personally could not not be more happy with my care from Dorothy McGrath and all of the staff at Beacon Internal Medicine!!! Keep up the great service and care you provide!
Stuart Eversman – May 19, 2020
Dorothy is an exceptional provider. She listens intently and is intuitive, curious, and thoroughly informed every time we meet. I recommend her without reserve.
Kevin Stickney – May 09, 2020
I finally found a primary care physician that I would wholeheartedly recommend to my friends - and, I have, actually. Dorothy McGrath cares about my health. She is thorough. She listens, asks questions, and I feel that I can tell her anything. I don't feel rushed during my appointments and I have every confidence in her.
Marsha Zavez – May 06, 2020
Dorothy is kind, listens and asks great questions! She is very warm and I feel better at the end of every visit. I highly recommend Dorothy as a reliable healthcare provider! She always has a smile and cares about the patients she sees. Thank you Dorothy!!
Jennifer N – Apr 23, 2020
Dorothy McGrath is an exceptional PA who not only provides wonderful care, but she listens and understands. She's intelligent, kind and supportive. She's thorough and consistent. I trust her. When I left my appointment last week, she asked me to call her if I needed additional help. I feel like she genuinely cares about my health and well being.
Mar 05, 2020
Dorothy is the BEST! She doesn't rush you and lets you ask as many questions as you would like. She is very knowledgeable but is also the first to say that she will refer to a specialist to handle. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dorothy.
Mar 03, 2020
Dorothy is the most thorough, caring and sincere physician that I have met. She listened to my concerns, asked questions and always maintained eye contact. I left the appointment feeling relieved that I have a physician that I trust and can call on if I have a health concern.
Suzy – Feb 29, 2020
She is the best! She is very easy to speak with and she is a good listener. She answers all of the questions I have and she offers sound advice. I feel secure in going to her for all of my wellness needs. She is so very pleasant and educated in what she does.
Feb 27, 2020
So friendly, attentive, approachable, and able to provide the care and consideration I needed. She is easy to talk with, and the visit is more of a friendly chat (where she is still thoughtfully diagnosing and treating your issues) but with the personal connection many providers are lacking.
Feb 18, 2020
I have always requested Dorothy McGrath because she is compassionate, caring, knowledgeable,efficient and diligent.
Feb 16, 2020
I've seen Dorothy McGrath a few times in the last year and a half since we moved here. She is wonderful! She listens to what you have say and responds.She speaks to you endnote at you which is a wonderful quality in a medical professional. I couldn't be more happy with my care. Thank you.
Gary Hecht – Feb 12, 2020
I am not a fan of going to the doctors, but Dorothy always puts me at ease. She has a wonderful manner.
Sheila – Feb 08, 2020
I've been seeing Dorothy for my health concerns for over 10 years. She is knowledgeable about my various health issues and works well with me to address them. She is very personable and easy to talk with to discuss options for all my health needs.
Bev C. – Feb 06, 2020
I have been seeing Dorothy McGrath for several years now. In the past two - three years I have seen her exclusively in preference to the Physicians. She is exactly what one would want in a health professional. She is a caring individual - she listens - she remembers. She is thorough - doesn't miss a trick. She knows when to call in a specialist outside of her practice and follows your progress. If she orders a test you get the results nearly as soon as she does. I am a retired nurse practitioner in critical care and I HIGHLY recommend Dorothy.
Jan Olmstead – Feb 04, 2020

How was your experience with Dorothy McGrath?

As a physician assistant, I strive to view each patient as an individual and to provide compassionate medical care for the whole person instead of just...Read more

Academic Degree• B.A., Wheaton College, Norton, MA• M.S., Northeastern University, Boston, MAPrevious Professional Experience• Cardiac Surgery - Physician...Read more

• Physician Assistant (PA)

2001