Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP

Internal Medicine ·  Female · Age 68

Dr. Cook

Thomas Internal Medicine

2437 E Fort King St Ocala, FL 34471

Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP is an internal medicine specialist in Ocala, FL. She specializes in internal medicine, family medicine, and more.

Dr. Cook accepts

Dr. Cook accepts the following insurance:

AvMed
Optimum HealthCare
Staywell (Wellcare)
Tricare
WellCare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Cook treats your condition or procedure

• Symptoms, Heart
  • Ultrasound, Cardiac
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Vaccination

Committed to the care and improvement of the human condition through the delivery of high quality, cost effective healthcare in the Marion County area.

• Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)

1996

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Cook

Dr. Cook?
Dr. Cook's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP
Dr. Dottie Cook took on the challenge of helping me learn how to change my life 2/11/2013. I never imagined the impact that one hour would make on the rest of my life. She has never given up on me - seeing me thru my highs and lows, cheering me on every step of the way. Because of Dr. Cook's belief in me, I BELIVE IN ME! I greatly respect Dr. Cook's opinions and believe her love and care for her patients is 24/7. She naturally loves helping people and I believe long after she retires she wi
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have seen Dottie for a while and she is not only my Nurse practitioner but a wonderful friend. If you want someone who is very caring and don’t pull no punches this is who you need to see! I’m forever grateful to Dottie for her patient care and her hugs to let me know “hey I’m here for you” means more than anything!??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Dr. Cook is by far the best doctor I've been to, she saved my life by figuring out I was misdiagnosed 13 years ago, and is getting me on the right track with my diabetes. Thank you dr. Cook for all you have done and continue to do for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Very knowledgeable treats you like family helps even after hours awesome lady and genuinely cares about your health!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Bless this wonderful woman and her peers! I love you guys... I can sleep tonight with my father Curtis Idell having oxygen and breathing treatments... all thanks to you. I am forever grateful!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Great staff and doctor just dont let the short blonde nurse draw blood idk how she did it but my arm was black and blue a day later. dont worry though there are better trained nurses there that do an excellent job and the blonde nurse is nice just dont let here around u with a needle
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have not had good experiences with doctors so I have been avoiding them..until I found Dr. Dottie Cook at Thomas Internal Medicine. She has a fabulous bedside manner. Very thorough and extremely knowledgeable. Outstanding staff and professionalism. It is obvious Dr. Cook loves what she does and is in it for all the right reasons.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
She is amazing at what she does! I usually get very anxious at visits but the environment here is positive and warming from all staff members.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Best Dr I have ever used! She genuinely cares for patients and health. Most Drs just write medicine without finding root of problem..Not Mrs Dottie she finds out everything and tests anything questionable.She also has the best sense of humor ! I’m always extra excited for Dr visits she is the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) ?? of Drs in my lifetime!! The Best !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
My husband has spent 2 yrs to find out what was causing his pain. He was unable to work & some days he was in so much pain he couldn't function. We saw every specialist & had tests galore. Then we spent 1 year going to Mayo with the same results-no answers. We told Dottie what he's gone thru & after reading 5" of medical records & a series of questions she gave her diagnoses. In 2 wks his pain has diminished, he's gained 4 lbs after losing 30+ & looks like himself again. Dottie is a gift!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have been under medical care for 10 yrs and have had many doctors I was not happy with UNTIL I found Dottie! She is the most thorough person I have ever met.. I love her down home personality and she listens when you talk and works with you.. I honestly don't know where I would be w/o her now. I highly recommend going to see her especially if you have been searching for that dr who will listen. Thanks Dottie for always being there for me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I searched for a great doctor and have finally found one! Dr. Cook is the best doctor I have ever had. She is very professional and has helped me with my every medical need. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have to say that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Dottie! We had her for over 10 years before she retired. We were so heartbroken when she retired. We connected back up with her at her new office. We immediately transferred to her and couldn't be more happier! She listens, understanding and tells you what her ideas are and then we discuss what direction to go! I wish we cud leave herva MILLION stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
Dottie cook is one of the most kind-hearted provider that i have ever been to, she truly cares about the well being of her patients and does whatever it takes to improve their quality of life. She is very knowledgeable and down to earth. If you want a provider that actually listens to your concerns and does everything in her power to ease your concerns, COME SEE DOTTIE. She is truly the best. They have short wait times and the friendliest staff to top it off.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have been seeing Dottie for awhile. She is awesome. She really takes the time to spend with her patients and explain what is going on with them. I really appreciate her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have been a patient with Dottie for several yrs. I have recommended several of my friends and family to her. She treats me like family not just another patient. She takes the time to explain things and never beats around the bush she is straight forward and I love that. I recommend her office to anyone seeking a hometown feel of a doctor
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have been with Dorothy Cook for many years. I stay with her because of her professionalism, knowledge, and how she treats her patients. She has never let me down. Her and the staff are excellent in every way meeting my needs as well as my family's now. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my life, and I recommend her to everyone in need of an excellent provider.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have been with Dotty for 9 years now. She is awesome. I have sent my husband and every one else I know to her. She listens when you tell her something is wrong and she keeps going till she finds the problem and fixes it. When you are her patient you are a person not just a chart.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I've been going to her for a long time now and she's the first one to really listen to my health issues and figure out what was wrong, help me get answers and get my health back on track. She really cares about her patients. Her patients aren't just a number, she knows your name, your family & goes above & beyond anyone out there!! I wouldn't go to anyone else! Wouldn't have my family go to anyone else either. She's old school.. That's hard to find these days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dorothy Cook, DNP?
I have sexual abuse/rape in my background. I'm sharing this because I hope it will help someone. I refused to ever let anyone touch me-especially for a PAP. Finally,? at age 33? my mom convinced me to let Dottie try. It was my first time meeting her, but she used a pediatric speculum and kept my mind off of it by joking with me. As sensitive as I am, she was done before I knew she had begun. She was very sensitive to my needs and I've been with her ever since-10 yrs ago! Go see her!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Cook?

Thomas Internal Medicine