Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC

ChiropracticFemaleAge 65

Dr. Lewis-Overton

San Pedro North Chiropractic Centers and Alpha Alternative Care Centers

1006 Central Pkwy S San Antonio, TX 78232

Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC is a Chiropractor in San Antonio, TX. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lewis-Overton to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Chiropractors in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check if Dr. Lewis-Overton treats your condition or procedure

• Ultrasound
  • Whiplash
  • X-Ray

Dr. Lewis-Overton accepts

Dr. Lewis-Overton accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Choice
Guardian
DentalGuard Preferred

Dr. Lewis-Overton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lewis-Overton

Dr. Lewis-Overton?
  • Appointment scheduling (36)
  • Office environment (35)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (34)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
I've been going to Dr Lewis Overton off and on for over 30 years, since I was a kid. Highly recommend. She and her staff are friendly and professional and effective.
AJ Lopez – Oct 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I highly recommend Dr. Lewis for any back pain issues. I am a auto mechanic and I throw my back and ribs out often and Dr. Lewis goes above and beyond to see me on even last minute appointments. There’s little to no wait time as well. I recommend contacting Dr. Lewis’s with any back pain and nutrition issues!
Jay – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I have been seeing Dr. Lewis for awhile and she goes above and beyond for her patients. She truly cares for her patients and their wellness. I highly recommend Dr. Lewis for any back pain and nutrition!!
Cheryl – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Dr. Lewis-Overton educated me on the effects of my medications on my nutritional levels. I checked everything she said out and it was spot on. The supplemental plan she put me on worked wonders for my GI issues and chronic fatigue. The manipulations for my sciatica have held for a year and a half - longer than any other DC I've been to. Dr. Brown was probably the best blood draw I've ever had - I tend to have problems with blown veins and even just finding the vein. She was great!
KE – Sep 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I met Dr. Lewis about 15 years sgo. I am now returning back to her office. she’s always straightforward and honest: Looking forward to continue a health holistic ways of taking care of my health and my lower back issues that I have now faced with.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I scheduled an appointment with this office for a back issue. I filled out a questionnaire that asked if I wanted Nutrition Counseling. I declined this service as I was not there for nutrition. Dr. Doreen Lewis went through my questionnaire and said she was going to do the nutrition counseling for me anyway, even though I declined, and never once mentioned there would be an additional fee for it. I was there for 3 hours getting scanned, x-rayed, finger pokes, and blood drawn for lab work. At the end of my visit, I was charged additional fees for two tests that were strictly related to nutrition counseling (that I declined). I was upset but paid and left. I later called the office to discuss this. Dr. Lewis returned my call later that evening. We went back and forth about why she thought I needed those tests and I responded with the fact that I declined the nutrition counseling in the first place. Dr. Lewis proceeded to say, “Well, I wouldn’t have moved forward with these tests if I had
Jul 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Do not sign anything in this office and don’t buy into her christian acting. She charges patients for services not submitted to insurance. She charges to read your X-rays because she tells you about a healthier lifestyle (which she will sell you vitamins for) but doesn’t submit any of that to the ins-charges you instead cause Ins won’t pay for that. There are separate charges for every person/room they take you to but only explain when you check out. Very shady experience!!! Beware!
Jennifer – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Today I left Dr. Lewis' office almost tearful that I was no longer in pain. The day before I could barely walk. Each step I took sent pain to my lower back and prevented me from standing upright. I walked out of her office with my back feeling like it did when I was 20 years old! My range of motion was increased tremendously and I HAVE NO PAIN! I couldn't be happier! She is very thorough, attentive, informative, skilled and absolutely caring. Her staff is wonderful and welcoming. I highly recommend Dr. Lewis.
Cindy de la Llana – May 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Dr. Lewis is awesome! If patients are honest about all their symptoms, she can get to the root cause and address the problem which will take care of the symptoms. Additionally, she is holistic in scope and that is refreshing, considering everyone else wants to throw pharmaceuticals at the symptoms. Her staff are are very sweet and professional, especially her massage therapist.
Donald in San Antonio, TX – Oct 05, 2018
Donald, Thank you so much for your vote of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I have to be honest. I usually don't think of a chiropractor as my first line of defense when my back acts up. I had been to one years ago who was very rough & ineffective. I was stricken with severe sciatica a week ago and after an emergency room visit (that did nothing) and no luck getting into an MD (ortho or neuro) quickly, I turned to Dr. Lewis. Her compassionate staff was able to get me in right away. Three days later, I am almost pain free. She KNOWS what she is doing!
Deborah Sheppard – Jun 21, 2018
Sorry to take so long to reply, but thank you so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
My 14 year old son has Asperger's and scoliosis. Both Dr. Lewis & Dr. Overton have been treating him for the past 5 months and through various chiropractic treatments Michael's spine which had a 35 degree curve is straighter and pain free. He's done Nuero-Integration training and received diet and supplement recommendations that have helped him with his anxiety, focus, and more. Everyone in the office is friendly and professional. I can't say enough. We couldn't be in better hands.
Karen in San Antonio, TX – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Dr. Doreen Lewis is wonderful! I recommend her to all my friends and family. Not only is she a good doctor, but she is caring and listens to your concerns. She goes above and beyond!
San Antonio, TX – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
Dr Lewis has been our family chiropractor for many years and has worked wonders for my lower back. She genuinely cares for her patients, provides just the right level of adjustments and provides great nutritional advice and guidance. I refer my friends and colleagues to her as someone who excels in her profession. Her office staff are also great to work with, especially in dealing with the insurance company.
Jeff in San Antonio, TX – Jan 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?
I came in with an injured hip, I was out of running for a week. After one adjustment from Dr Lewis, I was able to run with no pain.
Matt Torvik in TX – Dec 26, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton, DC?

How was your experience with Dr. Lewis-Overton?

Integrated health care including chiropractic, acupuncture, nutrition, sports medicine, hormone balancing, and detox.Our goal is not just treat symptoms...Read more

Dr. Doreen Lewis-Overton is the Executive Director of the ACA Council on Nutrition specializing in blood analysis (functional medicine). She has served...Read more

• Chiropractic