Dr. Dora Arocho, PSY.D

Dr. Dora Arocho, PSY.D

Clinical Psychology  ·
Female
Dr. Dora Arocho, PSY.D is a clinical psychologist in Brooklyn, NY. She specializes in clinical psychology.Read her story

514 49th St

Brooklyn, NY 11220

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • MagnaCare

Learn about Dr. Arocho

Dr. Arocho's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Arocho "I'm a NY State license clinical psychologist. I'm currently employed at Sunset Terrace FHC/NYU Lutheran in Brooklyn. I have been part of the NYU Lutheran family, serving the Sunset Park community, since 2011. On December of 2000, I graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of Puerto Rico, San Juan Campus. After completing my bachelor degree with a major in psychology, I continue with graduate school at Carlos Albizu University, San Juan Campus. I completed a master degree in Clinical Psychology, as well as the doctoral degree. On 2006, I relocated in New York to complete an APA Internship with Lutheran Medical Center in Brooklyn, now NYU Lutheran/NYU Langone Health System. Most of my work has been within outpatient community mental health centers serving low-income and ethnic-minority clients. I have been serving underserved communities since 2008. My caseload consists of adult, children and adolescent clients. I provide direct psychological interventions including screenings, comprehensive intake assessments and evaluations, referrals, weekly long-term and short-term individual psychotherapy sessions using evidence based interventions, long-term group psychotherapy, collateral and family therapy, treatment planning, and crisis management. Prior to working with NYU Lutheran, I worked with Columbia-Presbyterian Hospital providing psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and their families. This gave me the opportunity to provide mental health services within school-based health centers located on NYC public school campuses. I have been trained in multicultural competency and diversity. I'm a fully bilingual clinician and this has helped me not only integrate clients' cultural values into treatment but to also provide services using clients' native language. In addition, I have continued my education by attending yearly seminars and workshops. In 2013, I completed an EMDR certification (EMDRIA approved) course. In 2017, I became a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (IATP approved)."

• Clinical Psychology

Dr. Arocho does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling for Gay and-or Lesbian Individuals
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy

No malpractice history found for New York.

Education data for Dr. Arocho is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Arocho has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Arocho has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Arocho does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Arocho and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Arocho's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Arocho?

How was your experience with Dr. Arocho?