Donna Comanda, LCSW

Donna Comanda, LCSW

Clinical Social Work  ·
Female
Donna Comanda, LCSW is a clinical social worker in Staten Island, NY. She specializes in clinical social work, counseling, and more.Read her story

310 Richmond Hill Rd Side of

Staten Island, NY 10314

(718) 667-1924

• Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Donna Comanda

Donna Comanda's bio

This content was provided by Donna Comanda "I am a licensed clinical master of social work. I utilize my clinical training and experience for group and 1:1 counseling. I have extensive experience with several diverse populations that enable me to successfully connect with clients and effectively assess and implement a wide variety of skills to fulfill individual needs.Through my own creative arts therapy program, Awareness In Motion, I have initiated bereavement, community health and therapeutic recreational groups to children and young adults. I am a trained bio-neurofeedback therapist and use this model to assist clients in learning self-regulation techniques to control symptoms of stress related disorders. My background in the fine arts has complemented my development as a therapist and has given me the creative edge in helping my clients to succeed and bring a unique perspective to our work together. I have experienced a profound loss many years ago and have observed my own process of growth. I believe that I am a better therapist as a result of my past experiences and of my ability to overcome and grow from my experiences. Today, I relate to you and will walk with you on your journey where ever your path leads. Together we are fearless because we are capable of change and embracing who we are. In relationship, we become authentic."

This content was provided by Donna Comanda "You are not alone... We will work together to effectively understand and naturally manage your health issues by providing a safe and supportive environment. We use biofeedback as a treatment modality to experientially learn self-regulation skills that will lower stress, enhance your quality of life and create a healthy awareness of and relationship to your body. Biofeedback is pleasant non-invasive and short term. It will complement existing treatment and support your physical health and personal growth.

Biofeedback treats Depression, Panic and Anxiety, Insomnia, Headache and Stress Related Infertility. We also treat ADD in adults and children. Biofeedback will also enhance academic, sport and musical performance. After consulting with your medical doctor, Biofeedback may be an alternative to some prescribed medications. Biofeedback is the choice treatment modality as it creates the change that is needed to give patients lasting therapeutic results.

Some Out Of Network Available "

• Clinical Social Work
  • Counseling
  • Neurofeedback
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Women's Health Psychology

Donna Comanda does not have any board certifications listed.

• Biofeedback
  • Grief Therapy
  • Life Coaching
  • Psychological Counseling
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Ny U
    Other Education | Completed 2003

Donna Comanda has no awards or honors listed.

Donna Comanda has no media or publications listed.

Donna Comanda does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Donna Comanda and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Donna Comanda's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Donna Comanda to family and friends

Bio feedback has been an effective treatment and a helpful resource as an alternative to medication.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Donna Comanda Is very professional and knowledgeable in her practice. She has helped me a great deal with my problems. She is comforting and empathetic person.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Donna Comanda was very compassionate. I was never one to speak in a group, but i felt very comfortable and safe; what a great group of people! participation in group activities made me feel so much better.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Are you Donna Comanda?

Nearby providers with similar experience