Donald Short, LPC

Donald Short, LPC

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Donald Short, LPC is a marriage & family therapist in Lafayette, LA. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, headache management, and more.Read his story

110 Travis St Ste 150

Lafayette, LA 70503

Learn about Donald Short

Donald Short's bio

This content was provided by Donald Short "I have been licensed as a Professional Counselor since July of 2003 (lic. # 2669) and am also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Lic. # 648). My wife and I have been foster parents to special needs children for over 25 years serving about 35 children during that time. We have fostered children with ADHD, Autism, developmental disabilities, behavior disorders and a variety of other mental health disorders and family challenges. I have helped many clients work through complex family issues and assisted them in developing solutions to their problems. I have a general practice with a focus on clients with marriage, relationship and family issues. I am also a marriage counselor and use my 41 years of being married to one wife, professional training, and my deep understanding of people and relationships to help couples create a rewarding relationship and family life. I have been a resident of the Lafayette area for over 32 years. My wife and I have ­­four grown children, one, which is adopted, and two grandchildren."

This content was provided by Donald Short "I have helped many clients work through complex issues and assisted them in developing solutions to their problems. I am trained in EMDR Therapy which is very useful in helping clients with anxiety, PTSD, grief and anger issues. Also in my practice I focus on clients with marriage, relationship and individual issues. I am a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors. I am also a marriage counselor and use my 40 years of being married to one wife, professional training, and my deep understanding of people and relationships to help couples create a rewarding relationship and family life."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Sex Therapy
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Donald Short does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

Education data for Donald Short is unavailable at this time.

Donald Short has no awards or honors listed.

Donald Short has no media or publications listed.

Donald Short does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Donald Short and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Donald Short's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Donald Short

Donald Short?
Donald Short's Performance
What People Say About Donald Short, LPC
Don Short has been very helpful in helping me with depression and other problems. He is dedicated to helping his patients get better and keeping families communicating with each other.
×Post a ResponseAre you Donald Short, LPC?
Donald had extensive knowledge to share with me, all while balancing a professional environment and allowing me to speak openly at my own pace. Our meeting felt like I was speaking to a dear friend. I would definitely recommend his services to any person/s seeking marriage and/or family therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Donald Short, LPC?
I have found Don to be very helpful in aiding me to recognize and understand my life experiences in a way that has been healing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Donald Short, LPC?
EMDR therapy was very helpful in processing painful memories. Mr Short is also a gifted marriage counselor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Donald Short, LPC?
Don is by far the best psychologist I’ve ever been to and having battled depression my entire adult life I’ve seen quite a few. At my first appointment with Don I was crying uncontrollably, I had been through several traumatic events with my family and I saw no way to deal with all of it. After...Read More
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Donald Short?