Donald Short, LPC

Donald Short, LPC

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Donald Short, LPC is a marriage & family therapist in Lafayette, LA. He specializes in marriage & family therapy, headache management, and more.Read his story

110 Travis St Ste 150

Lafayette, LA 70503

Learn about Donald Short

Donald Short's bio

This content was provided by Donald Short "I have been licensed as a Professional Counselor since July of 2003 (lic. # 2669) and am also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Lic. # 648). My wife and I have been foster parents to special needs children for over 25 years serving about 35 children during that time. We have fostered children with ADHD, Autism, developmental disabilities, behavior disorders and a variety of other mental health disorders and family challenges. I have helped many clients work through complex family issues and assisted them in developing solutions to their problems. I have a general practice with a focus on clients with marriage, relationship and family issues. I am also a marriage counselor and use my 41 years of being married to one wife, professional training, and my deep understanding of people and relationships to help couples create a rewarding relationship and family life. I have been a resident of the Lafayette area for over 32 years. My wife and I have ­­four grown children, one, which is adopted, and two grandchildren."

This content was provided by Donald Short "I have helped many clients work through complex issues and assisted them in developing solutions to their problems. I am trained in EMDR Therapy which is very useful in helping clients with anxiety, PTSD, grief and anger issues. Also in my practice I focus on clients with marriage, relationship and individual issues. I am a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors. I am also a marriage counselor and use my 40 years of being married to one wife, professional training, and my deep understanding of people and relationships to help couples create a rewarding relationship and family life."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Sex Therapy
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Donald Short does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University Of Southwestern Louisiana
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Donald Short has no awards or honors listed.

Donald Short has no media or publications listed.

Donald Short does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Donald Short and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Donald Short's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Donald Short to family and friends

Donald Short's Performance

EMDR therapy was very helpful in processing painful memories. Mr Short is also a gifted marriage counselor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Don is by far the best psychologist I’ve ever been to and having battled depression my entire adult life I’ve seen quite a few. At my first appointment with Don I was crying uncontrollably, I had been through several traumatic events with my family and I saw no way to deal with all of it. After...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
We started seeing Mr Short for marital issues and ended up learning more about ourselves than we ever could of imganied. He’s so compassionate and loves What he does and that’s helping people to their fullest potential I did EMDR Therapy and it was amazing Things I’ve carried around for years I now...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Don has been a blessing to me and my family. I will continue to recommend family and friends to Don. He's a great listener, mediator and a wealth of ideas.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have seen many psychologists and therapists throughout my many years living with Bipolar and PTSD. Mr. Short was the ONLY one, from Acadia Parish to E. Baton Rouge Parish, who was able to not only help me, but continue to maintain stability in my life.
Are you Donald Short?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling