Dirk Kummerle, LMHC

Dirk Kummerle, LMHC

Psychology  ·
Dirk Kummerle, LMHC is a psychologist in Ocala, FL. He specializes in psychology, counseling, and more.Read his story

6000 NW Highway 225A # Wwwkummerlecom

Ocala, FL 34482

Learn about Dirk Kummerle

Dirk Kummerle's bio

This content was provided by Dirk Kummerle "I am a Florida based (licensed) psychotherapist, organizational, leadership, and corporate wellness consultant. I'm a native German, immigrated to Massachusetts as a teenager. After receiving my undergraduate degree in Political Science and German literature from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, I moved to New York City, and grateful to have developed a reputation for a bad sense of humor, along with creative and analytical problem-solving skills - at companies such as CNN, CourtTV and Time Warner.I left New York for Boston after the 911 attacks, a tragic day that changed many lives - including mine. I felt there was something missing in my life, and returned to graduate school, earning a Master's in Clinical Psychology, and later a Master's in Media Psychology. I am currently working towards my Doctorate in Organizational and Leadership Psychology. I have extensive clinical experience, ranging from Combat Veterans struggling with Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD), trauma survivors living with complex Post Traumatic Stress, to individuals with mood and / or personality disorders. For the last several years, I have expanded my practice to include working with teams, groups, organizations, corporations, and non-profits in addressing the diverse, complex, and unprecedented challenges facing organization in a 21st century global economy.I strongly believe in bringing leadership to life, from the boardroom to the family room.My specialties include: Trauma (PTSD), Depression, Anxiety, Stress Management, Complex Mood & Personality Disorders, Substance Abuse, Process Addictions, Crisis Intervention, Personal Growth, Coaching, Innovation, Leadership Development, Team Building, Conflict Resolution, Career Development, Corporate Wellness, Creativity, Organization Development, Complex PTSD, Communication, Learning & Development, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Crisis Intervention, Marriage and Family Psychotherapy, Drug and Alcohol Counseling, and Group Dynamics. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to learn from some of the brightest minds in psychology, which I am able to draw from daily, along with my extensive professional experience. That includes two terms as a City Counselor in Massachusetts, an appointment by Governor Bill Weld and re-appointed by Governor Paul Cellucci to the Board of Directors of the Franklin County (MA) Regional Housing Authority, as well as working with multiple Massachusetts Governors, State Legislators, high-profile corporate and non-profit executives. I was the youngest Gubernatorial Appointee to the Franklin County Housing Authority, youngest manager at AOL Time Warner, am the founder and President of Veterans Support Network, and achieved academic acolytes for my work in gaining greater understanding between the relationship of technology and family dynamics, social media and social change. I feel both humbled and honored to have helped countless individuals, groups, companies, and families. My private practice is located on a beautiful 100-acre thoroughbred training facility, in the middle of Marion County Horse Country. I am proud to be a trauma survivor, and in recovery. I've found that my life experiences have aided my understanding of PTSD and addiction more than any degree, credential, or license ever could. "

• Psychology
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Psychology Education
  • Psychoneuroendocrinology
  • Relationship Counseling

Dirk Kummerle does not have any board certifications listed.

• Umass, Amherst
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Doctoral Candidate, Olp
  • Masters, Media Psychology
  • Masters, Psychology
    Other Education | Completed

Dirk Kummerle has no awards or honors listed.

Dirk Kummerle has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dirk Kummerle does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dirk Kummerle and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dirk Kummerle's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dirk Kummerle to family and friends
15 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dirk Kummerle's Performance

He is very knowledgeable and has really helped me with issues we have been dealing with for many years. I finally feel like I can be the person I am meant to be.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dirk Kummerle?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Counseling