Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT

Physical Therapy ·  Female

Dr. Gibbs

Ambient Physical Therapy

50 Vreeland Dr Ste 4 Skillman, NJ 08558

Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT is a physical therapist in Skillman, NJ. She graduated from 1981-1985 and specializes in physical therapy, neurology, and more.

Dr. Gibbs accepts

Dr. Gibbs accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth

• Tension Headache
  • Therapeutic Massage
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Ultrasound

My philosophy of care is more holistic.  I believe the body functions as a whole and as a sum of parts. Therefore, a pathology or dysfunction in one body part affects the rest.  For instance, a neck or back pain is caused by a bad ankle or ...

• Physical Therapy

Dr. Gibbs?
Dr. Gibbs' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT
RecentMost Helpful
The best Physical Therapy experience I've ever had. Dr. Gibbs is a highly skilled and knowledgeable practitioner who cares deeply for her patients. The office staff is very friendly. I am very grateful to have found such a wonderful place and highly recommend it to anyone in need of Physical Therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Dr. Gibbs and her staff treated me with physical therapy following surgery for a pectoralis major tendon repair. Dr. Gibbs is a skilled professional who cares highly for her patients. I arrived in her office with minimal shoulder mobility and high pain levels, and walked out a few months later with essentially full mobility and no pain. Very grateful for Dr. Gibbs and her professional, caring and welcoming staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Desiree Gibbs, the owner of Ambient Physical Therapy, is an excellent physical therapist and diagnostician. She has a unique ability diagnose the root of the problem; in my case a weak ankle was contributing to my low back issues and she addressed both for long lasting relief. She has "magic fingers" that zone in on trigger points and relieve the pain. Most of all, she is a kind, caring professional that puts the needs of her patients first. I would highly recommend Desiree and Ambient PT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Desiree Gibbs is an outstanding professional physical therapist. Her evaluation process is extremely comprehensive. She listens and responds to all issues both big and small. Desiree's compassionate and hands-on approach are wonderful methods in assisting her patients on their road to feeling better! I HIGHLY recommend Desiree and her team for any physical therapy needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
My experience at Ambient was fantastic. The problem I came in with was resolved within two months. I would highly recommend Desiree for anyone's physical therapy needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I cannot say enough good things about this practice. I've never had a practitioner who was so knowledgeable, thorough, patient, caring, and considerate of my needs. The treatment has been a great success as my back was going out and incapacitating me every couple of weeks. I feel stronger and much better able to accomplish every day tasks. The office is extremely pleasant, comfortable, and run very smoothly. I am truly grateful to have found this wonderful place and will definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Desiree is an excellent therapist. She really cares about her patients and does her best to help them. She is very knowledgeable and resourceful. She was very quick to diagnose the root cause of my pain and devised an effective treatment plan. I experienced a fast improvement under her care. She also has a great sense of humor. Each of my therapy sessions was an enjoyable experience. I would highly recommend her as a top rated physical therapist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Desiree is a very respondible, dedicated and caring person. She is very intelligent and knowledgeable in all areas of the body. She has helped me with my bilateral knee replamement and my plantar fasciitis. I walked into Desiree's office and came out feeling brand new! That's when I knew she was very good. I highly recommend Desiree if you have any body pain. She will take good care of you, guaranteed! Maria from Princeton, NJ
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
After months of nagging bilateral hamstring pain, I was sent to Desiree at Ambient PT. I immediately felt comfortable here. Desiree is friendly, knowledgeable and so encouraging. She helped me progress each week with treatments and exercises, and gave me guidance for at home workouts as well. My condition has now greatly improved. I highly recommend Desiree. She obviously loves her work and her patients, and they love her back! And Griff makes scheduling a breeze. A great experience at Ambient!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
My Ambient experience was very gratifying. Desiree is a wonderful PT with magic hands. She helped me enormously in a relatively short time. I would recommend her wholeheartedly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Ambient Physical Therapy has really helped me. A couple of months ago I had so much pain in my right knee that I could barely bend my leg. Now the exercises have really healed me knee and I am able to walk without any pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Before I had joint discomfort and inability to do everyday activities resulting in general tiredness. Now I have less joint pain and the ability to do normal things with less tiredness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I've had a great and positive experience here. Desiree is a wonderful therapist and great person. Griff is great, friendly, and always very helpful with scheduling. I'm very grateful for their help. My lower back ache has greatly improved under Desiree's care. I can bend down to pick up things up that I was not able to do before my therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I had an excellent experience at Ambient PT. The initial assessment was very thorough and Desiree provided a logical explanation to the pain I was experiencing. My left knee was very painful and swollen to the point that I had difficulty walking. Each session was a balance between ultrasound treatment, massage, and targeted exercises. Week after week, my condition improved to the point where I practically have no pain at all. I highly recommend Ambient PT to other patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I had moderate pain and stiffness in my left neck going down into my shoulder, stiffness on the right side, a loud "click" on the left when I moved my head. Heat and massage seemed to alleviate the pain, as did occasional cervical traction. Exercises strengthened muscles I was apparently using incorrectly. By mid-April it was feeling less stiff and sore. The last few weeks have shown much improvement, less pain (less frequency too), more range of motion in my neck. Thanks Desiree for your help!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Very professional care. Evaluates needs - not cookie cutter. Friendly, thoughtful, overall excellent!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
My experience here at Ambient has been very positive. I've been helped tremendously. I'll come again if I need to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I'm so happy I found Ambient Physical Therapy. It has absolutely changed my life. I have been searching for physical therapy that would work for me for 10 plus years. I am so grateful to have found that here at Ambient. The philosophy and method of treatment here is forward thinking. Desiree treats the whole person. She understands how all the parts of the body work together. Using this knowledge, she put together an effective program for me. I am finally working my way back to bodily health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
I was treated for my condition somewhere else with Desiree and when the problem resurfaced there was no one else I wanted to treat me. The atmosphere is relaxing and calming. The staff is professional and courteous. The rooms are clean and spacious with plenty of room for your belongings and all the equipment. Desiree uses new techniques to resolve issues and deals with not just a singular "spot" but with triggers that cause the issue as well. Overall, I felt this was an excellent experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Desiree Gibbs, DPT?
Desiree is an excellent PT with great skills. She's knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and patient. I started with severe lower backaches, couldn't bend down to retrieve things, getting in and out of the car was painful, but, at the end of my sessions with Desiree, there was little or no back pain. Thanks to Desiree, I'm able to enjoy life much better now.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gibbs?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gibbs treats patients.