Nutrition Consulting  |
Desiderio Abeyta, RDN
Dezi Abeyta is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with many years in the field of nutrition, sports nutrition, relational development with food, and eating disorders. As a local Tucsonan and University of Arizona alumni, his focus is the development of fun and supportive types of relationships with food and the body. Dezi has extensive experience with respect to helping others find recovery or healing from eating disorders, nutrition specific illness, athletic performance, and/or offering public speaking engagements.

2561 E Fort Lowell Rd

Tucson, AZ 85716

• Self Pay
  • Sliding Scale

Learn about Desiderio Abeyta

This content was provided by Desiderio Abeyta "Dezi Abeyta is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with many years in the field of nutrition, sports nutrition, relational development with food, and eating disorders.  His focus is the development of fun and supportive types of relationships with food and the body.  Dezi's goal is to meet the client where they are at and to proceed with evidence based nutrition therapy and food relationship development for better skill building to strengthen a person's ability to trust their food choices and their body."

• Nutrition Consulting
  • Bariatric Surgery
  • Dietary Management
  • Dietetics
  • Eating Disorders
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  • Nutrition
  • Nutritional Therapy

Desiderio Abeyta does not have any board certifications listed.

• Eating Disorders

• Eating Management
  • Gastroparesis Therapy
  • Weight Loss Management
  • Weight Maintenance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of Arizona
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2012
  • University Of Arizona
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2016

Desiderio Abeyta has no awards or honors listed.

Desiderio Abeyta has no media or publications listed.

Desiderio Abeyta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Desiderio Abeyta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Desiderio Abeyta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Desiderio Abeyta to family and friends
Desiderio Abeyta's Performance
Long Beach, CA |
Desiderio has been helping me for the last few years. I came to him because I needed help understanding why I ate the way I did and increased weight after college. I lived a busy life and commuted to work in Los Angeles. Throughout the sessions I learned so much about why I eat the way I did, mindful eating, and practical tips when eating out. I would highly recommend Desiderio Abeyta due to his attention to deal, effectiveness, and his wealth of knowledge about how and why we eat.
in Tucson |
Dezi and I worked together last year, when I was looking to clean up my eating and get some cooking and meal prep ideas. He visited in my home. We started off with some educational sessions which helped me understand the macro-nutrient needs of my body, and appropriate serving sizes. My favorite educational session was around mindful eating and thoughts about food. We did a grocery store visit, and we cooked! I loved his enthusiasm and ideas and highly recommend him!
Tucson, AZ |
Dezi is brilliant as a dietician and counselor... the best I have ever had. He REALLY gets it and has thoughtful, creative, and effective strategies to challenge eating disordered thinking and behavior. Dezi truly cares. He goes above and beyond in scheduling, communicating, and accommodating unique situations. I feel completely safe and supported in his care. He is a life-saver!
Tucson, AZ |
Dezi has a unique approach to the recovery process, unlike any other dietitian I've ever seen . He keeps everything centered on you and your progress and really connects with his patients. He treats every aspect of the disorder, not just the food. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to recover from an eating disorder or gain balance in their life.
Have you seen Desiderio Abeyta, RDN?
Are you Desiderio Abeyta?

Visit Desiderio Abeyta