Derrick Mason, LMFT

Marriage & Family TherapyMale

Derrick Mason
1048 Ashley St Ste 201 Bowling Green, KY 42103

Derrick Mason, LMFT is a Marriage & Family Therapist in Bowling Green, KY. Be sure to call ahead with Derrick Mason to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Marriage & Family Therapists in your area

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Kentucky

Check if Derrick Mason treats your condition or procedure

Derrick Mason accepts

Derrick Mason accepts the following insurance:

Preferred PPO

Derrick Mason's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Derrick Mason

1.7

Derrick Mason?
  • Wait times (6)
  • Staff friendliness (4)
  • Appointment scheduling (3)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (10)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (10)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (10)
I was dating a girl who lied all the time, about everything. Was talking to other men, was stealing from me. Pretended to have a job and didn’t. Broke every promise she’s ever made to me. Would hit me anytime she got mad. I dumped her but she turned out pregnant. I decided to seek a therapist because I wanted to make it work if possible, and wanted to find out why she was this way. She couldn’t name one problem with me, but when I started talking I just unloaded everything that she did. Of course I Got emotional while speaking. She didn’t deny anything. But while I was talking he started telling me that I’m an not “intense dude” and that was probably a problem in our relationship.... suddenly she went from not naming any problems with me, to agreeing with him and they both bashed me. When I finally got him to a ask her why she does what’s she does, he told her not to answer because I was too excited about catching her... waste of money. She faked the pregnancy BTW.
Hesahorribletherapist – May 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Derrick Mason, LMFT?
Master manipulator of situations involving children. He will do damage to children that will possibly never be overcome. There have been multiple reports filed against him with state board but nothing has been followed up on with exception of letters written back and forth to the board.
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Derrick Mason, LMFT?
Do not use Derrick as a therapist. He was easily manipulated by my wealthy narcissist ex and very biased. He caused enormous damage to our family and especially our child. He overstepped his bounds many times with our child and damaged him even further. He is largely responsible for my decision to file for divorce.
Jan 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Derrick Mason, LMFT?
While dealing with my divorce and co-parenting issues, there were several red flags for me. He pretty much “took my side” because my ex was clearly being impossible, but nonetheless I would not use him again. He was often sort of checked out and said different things at different times without appearing to remember what he had said previously.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Derrick Mason, LMFT?
He did a great job with helping my ex-husband and I work things out in terms of co-parenting the kids after the divorce. I thought he was even and calm and didn't take sides. I think some may not like him because he doesn't have a lot of patience for people being rude or unreasonable.
Bowling Green, KY – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Derrick Mason, LMFT?

How was your experience with Derrick Mason?

• Marriage & Family Therapy