Derek Thomason, LPC

Derek Thomason, LPC

Marriage & Family Therapy  ·
Derek Thomason, LPC is a marriage & family therapist in Oklahoma City, OK. He specializes in marriage & family therapy and counseling.Read his story

10400 Vineyard Blvd Ste A

Oklahoma City, OK 73120

Learn about Derek Thomason

Derek Thomason's bio

This content was provided by Derek Thomason "I have been working as a counselor since 2009, and in that time, I have had varied experiences in distinct treatment settings. I have experience in residential treatment settings. I have also worked in school and home-based therapy with a community agency. I now work in private practice in an office setting. This setting has given me the opportunity to treat clients more freely and in ways that seem best to me rather than according to the company's requirements. While I continue to follow ethical and necessary requirements that existed in previous settings, I am more able to work with clients out of my passion and in ways that I find helpful and exciting rather than ways approved by the boss or company. I hope to provide guidance and help to mental and behavioral health and emotional healing."

This content was provided by Derek Thomason "I believe that people do the best that they can with what they have. This means that having struggles in life is related to not having the skills or ability to do things differently. My job, then, is to help clients to discover resources within themselves, in family and friends, and in the community in order to achieve a more pleasing, healthy life without the struggles that lead to seeking help in the first place. I have based my practice on the C.S. Lewis quote: "What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step." I work hard to walk alongside clients to identify the next right step."

• Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Counseling

Derek Thomason does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Oklahoma.

• Harding University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2007

Derek Thomason has no awards or honors listed.

Derek Thomason has no media or publications listed.

Derek Thomason does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Derek Thomason and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Derek Thomason's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Derek Thomason?

How was your experience with Derek Thomason?