Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D

Clinical PsychologyMaleAge 69

Dr. O'Grady

New Insights Communication

7085 Corporate Way Dayton, OH 45459

Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D is a Clinical Psychologist in Dayton, OH and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Wright State University School Of Professional Psychology medical school in 1982. He is affiliated with medical facilities Kettering Medical Center and Miami Valley Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. O'Grady to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Psychologists in your area

"There is hope. You are not alone. If you need or desire a change in your life today, you will find the answers to the puzzle at New Insights Communication. Together, we will work to ensure you receive the tools and su..."

- Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. O'Grady treats your condition or procedure

Dr. O'Grady's conditions and procedures:

• Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Codependency
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Marital Counseling
  • Marital Therapy
  • Marriage Break-Up
  • Mood Disorders
  • Narcissistic Personality Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Relationship Issues
  • Stress
  • Stress Management

Dr. O'Grady accepts

Dr. O'Grady accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Federal Employee Program
Preferred Care Blue
Preferred Care Blue PPO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA

Dr. O'Grady's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. O'Grady

4.3

Dr. O'Grady?
  • Appointment scheduling (18)
  • Office environment (18)
  • Staff friendliness (17)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (2)
Dr. O’Grady is a positive, thoughtful, active listener and a wealth of knowledge and experience. If you are a person who wants to sound out an issue, and put advice into action, you really can solve difficult life challenges!
Jamie – Jul 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady has a very non-traditional approach (that I would know of). He allows you to just talk to him and guides you through the process with prudent questions and feedback. It is a very relaxing, comfortable environment that yields fantastic results. I have suggested him to family, friends and co-workers for not only specific issues, but just as an open ear. He is the top of his craft.
J.S. – Feb 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Whether it is help with a difficult issue, personal growth, or professional development, Dr. Dennis O'Grady can help. I highly recommend Dr. O'Grady. His Talk2Me system will open your eyes as well as doors.
Jay A Vitali – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady and his office assistant went out of their way to make me, a nervous first-time client, feel welcome and comfortable. His casual, gentle guiding approach doesn't feel like therapy which is an indication of his true professionalism. At the end of my final session with Dr. O'Grady, I felt that I understood myself much better and had a clear path going forward. His final words to me were that I was always welcome to come back for the same or any new issues that I might encounter.
May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady was very welcoming and I felt comfortable immediately. He's quite perceptive and focused on my issues quickly.
Dayton – May 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Very poor. I saw him for more than a year, total waist of time and money. Not interested in helping. Has nothing to offer. Was openly board when I was crying my eyes out about my husband / dying marriage. Lots of promises to keep me coming back, but never delivered.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cyndy – Apr 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady immediately made me feel relaxed and comfortable the very first session. He's surprisingly insightful and truly listens, a rare commodity in many doctors these days. I look forward to my future sessions and I'm confident the doctor/patient relationship will continue to flourish culminating in a succussful outcome in my quest to find "ME" once again.
Nora in Vandalism, Ohio – Jan 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady is a wonderful person to talk to. He listens to what you have to say and is very encouraging. He is very upbeat and have a very friendly environment in his office. I feel very comfortable discussing any issues I have with him.
Wayne Kledzik in Centerville, Ohio – Jan 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
wonderful! very easy to talk with and listens to what you have to say. I felt very comfortable with Dr O'Grady by the end of my first session. He gives very helpful insight to problems you are having. Highly recommended.
Jan 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
People have asked me what has helped me so much. I refer them to Dr. O'Grady. I've been seeing him for 20 years now. I got out of depression and I wouldn't have done this without him. He listens to me and didn't interrupt until I quit talking. And then he'll give me a little comment that makes sense to me.
Dayton, OH – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady has helped me learn more about myself and how I give and receive communication. He has given me some strategies to better communicate with my husband and resolve and prevent conflicts. He is very easy to talk to and offers objective but compassionate insights as to how to improve the relationships in your life.
Dayton, OH – Nov 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady can help change your life. He offers an effective, self-centered approach to fulfilling your personal goals, no matter the cost to your relationships with friends and family members, including children. He has developed a great system and sells a lot of books about communication. If you want to get yourself on a personal path to success, he can help you. If you're looking for marriage counseling, I would look elsewhere. Many appts started late/ended early. He seems a bit manipulative
Dayton, Ohio – Oct 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Taking the time to visit with Dr. O'Grady was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. I would absolutley recommend Dr.O'Grady to family and friends.
Springboro, OH – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
My husband and I started seeing Dr OGrady in 2004 after a difficult relocation. Our visits have spaced out over the years however we continue to see and call him when we need a tune up. His counsel in the beginning was life and marriage saving. He gave us an honest, compassionate view of our situation and helped us define our personal and couple goals in a way no one else ever had. Dr OGrady has a gift and a vision for understanding emotions and relationships. His work has real healing results.
Dayton, OH – Jun 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady is a thoughtful listener. He has a unigue ability to identify weaknesses and strengths in you to help you communicate better with your spouse, children, family and others. He is straight forward, but supportive in aiding one to get back on their path for a better life with those important to them. I wish I would have contacted him earlier.
Dayton, OH – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
I have been a patient of Dr. O’Grady’s for over a year, and he is awesome. I am the type of person who is not inclined to seek professional help, but I was urged to do so by family members. I felt incredibly comfortable even during my first visit with Dr. O’Grady (it helped that I had spoken to him on the phone for a brief consultation earlier that week). He is very easy to talk to (this is not my strength), very compassionate, and very wise.
Dayton, OH – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. O'Grady is a very thoughtful, insightful, and professional psychologist, and is especially helpful for marriage counseling. He does not cut appointments short, tries to be flexible with scheduling, and is really invested in helping the client grow (even if that growth is something difficult). I am grateful I found this office. Highly recommended!
Dayton, OH – Feb 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?
Dr. Grady promotes personal "happiness" over family responsibility and caring about the impact you have in others, particularly children.
Dayton, OH – Oct 25, 2016
I sincerely regret missing an opportunity to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Dennis O'Grady, PSY.D?

How was your experience with Dr. O'Grady?

There is hope. You are not alone. If you need or desire a change in your life today, you will find the answers to the puzzle at New Insights Communication....Read more

Developer of the TALK2ME© Communication System

Dr. Dennis O'Grady delivers TALK2ME© effective communication workshops that provide...

• Clinical Psychology