Denise Pont, MFT

Denise Pont, MFT

Psychotherapy  ·
Female  ·
Denise Pont, MFT is a psychotherapist in Westlake Village, CA. She specializes in psychotherapy, substance abuse counseling, and more.

5743 Corsa Ave

Westlake Village, CA 91362

Learn about Denise Pont

This content was provided by Denise Pont "I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (lic # 50848) specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and I maintain a private practice in Westlake Village, California. I graduated from California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, with a Master of Science degree in Counseling Psychology, with an emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy. As a private practitioner I work with a variety of mental health issues, including; anxiety, major depression, bipolar disorder, gender identity concerns, marital problems and mood disorders. I am also a certified AOD Counselor (Alcohol & Other Drug) and I have expertise in working with men, women and adolescents with addiction issues; whether the addiction is to street drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol or to the internet. My theoretical orientation is interactive Cognitive Behavioral and Solution focused therapy, but I am also very comfortable using a more psychodynamic approach. I want to support my clients as they develop their own 'tool-bag' of coping skills to empower themselves to manage their lives and to improve their overall functioning. During a therapy session, I provide support, encouragement and practical feedback to help my clients. I integrate complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. I have had a lot of experience with a variety of mental health issues and feel very appreciative of all the training sites that I interned at. Internships & Experience Ventura County Behavioral Health: (Individual and group psychotherarpy) Telecare corporation: (Adults suffering from Schizophrenia and Mood Disorders) Turning Point: (Adult population with chronic mental illness) Aegis Methadone Clinic (Adults with opioid dependence) West Coast Counseling Center: ( Child, individual, group and couples psychotherapy) Simi Valley Free Clinic: (Individual, child and couples psychotherapy)"

• Psychotherapy
  • Anxiety Disorders
  • Substance Abuse Counseling

Denise Pont does not have any board certifications listed.

• Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy

No malpractice history found for California.

• California State University Northridge
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2006

Denise Pont has no awards or honors listed.

Denise Pont has no media or publications listed.

Denise Pont does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Denise Pont and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Denise Pont's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Denise Pont

Denise Pont?
Denise Pont's Performance
What People Say About Denise Pont, MFT
I found Denise to be warm and supportive. She helped me through a very difficult time and I am in a much better place now because of her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Denise Pont, MFT?

How was your experience with Denise Pont?