Demetrica Dement, MA

Demetrica Dement, MA

Counseling  ·
Female  ·

Demetrica Dement, MA is a counselor in Conroe, TX. She specializes in counseling, forensic psychology, and more.Read her story

Counseling Services of Conroe

1300 S Frazier St Ste 201

Conroe, TX 77301

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Demetrica Dement

Demetrica Dement's bio

This content was provided by Demetrica Dement "Studied at South Texas College, University of Houston-Downtown, Sam Houston State University. I have an AAS in Human and Health Services, an AA & BS in Interdisciplinary Studies and Master of Arts in Counseling. I specialize in Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Couples and Family Counseling, Adolescents, Trauma, Depression, Bipolar, Educational Needs, Parenting, Anger Management, and Geriatrics. I have worked in community college, state mental health facility, behavioral health hospital, forensic, and private practice setting. My experience and education have prepared me for a variety of topics that might come up in therapy. While I am skilled at CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and remain Solution Focused, so that clients can measure progress and know where they are in the process, I believe in meeting the client where they are and utilizing whatever strategies are available to assist clients in getting unstuck. I am a native Hoosier, but have been blessed to live in Conroe area since 1974. My life experiences are part of what lead me to this career path although it was not my first. I started out in retail at age 18, became a high school teacher and then got my degree in counseling to finish my educational and career goals. I have 2 adult children that I am extremely proud of. Each has chosen a career suited to their skills and interests. They have likewise chosen partners who compliment their personalities. I await the grandparent miracle, but am supplementing this with my great nieces and nephews (ages 1-6) as practice for now. :) I work full-time with Montgomery County and practice part-time for now. My goal is to retire and continue my private practice. I look forward to meeting new clients who are stuck and want to get unstuck. That happens in life but we don't have to stay there. "

This content was provided by Demetrica Dement "My philosophy is that sometimes life grabs us and holds us in place, leaving us feeling that we can't move or that we have little to few choices in our perception of the outcome of our choices. In fact we have great power in influencing these outcomes, we just need guidance or a new lens with which to see these possibilities. My goals are to help the client see these opportunities and then for them to decide the direction they want to take. Not to influence or force a decision on them. I do not actively sit by and listen without providing feedback as I feel this is a necessity of placing those lenses over the eyes to see anew that which has been hiding. "

• Counseling
  • Marriage & Family Therapy
  • Psychological Trauma
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Demetrica Dement does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adolescent Counseling
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Marital Counseling
  • Psychotherapy Services

• Sam Houston State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2010

Demetrica Dement has no awards or honors listed.

Demetrica Dement has no media or publications listed.

Demetrica Dement does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Demetrica Dement and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Demetrica Dement's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Demetrica Dement to family and friends
Demetrica Dement Says:
"

Please drop a note about your experience in therapy.

"
Are you Demetrica Dement?