Debra Brown-Grossman, RDN

Debra Brown-Grossman, RDN

Dietetics  |
Debra Brown-Grossman, RDN is a dietetics provider who practices in Clifton Park, NY. She is 66 years old. Read her story

632 Plank Rd Ste 207

Clifton Park, NY 12065

• Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • MVP Health Care
  • Oxford Health Plans

Learn about Debra Brown-Grossman

Debra Brown-Grossman's bio

This content was provided by Debra Brown-Grossman "First and foremost, I am an experienced registered dietitian/nutritionist who has been in the field for almost 40 years. I have experience in many aspects of nutrition counseling including over 20 years as a pediatric nutrition specialist and subsequently as an adult weight management specialist. In these two roles, I developed and directed several group weight management programs including one of the first multi-disciplinary programs for child and adolescent weight management in the country out of Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans. In the New York Tr-State area, I worked as a weight management specialist and pediatric growth specialist at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, Mount Sinai Medical Center and Maimonides Hospital in Brooklyn. About twenty years ago, I obtained my Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certificate which involved many hours of supervised work in diabetes counseling and nutrition and passing a difficult exam. Since that time, I have enjoyed counseling people during many of stages of this chronic disease including Pre-Diabetes, Types 1 and 2 and now 1.5 or Late Onset Type 1 Diabetes. "

This content was provided by Debra Brown-Grossman "All of my recommendations are based on sound scientific evidence and are clinically confirmed through studies.I strongly believe based on my years of clinical experience, that THERE IS NOT ONE PARTICULAR DIET OR WAY OF EATING THAT IS SUITABLE FOR EVERYONE! There are many diet models that I present to my clients to choose or that I might recommend based on the individual's food preferences and eating style, finances, medical and family history and emotional/behavioral habits. Goals in terms of eating, physical activity and behavioral are set at each visit and reviewed at the revisit."

• Dietetics
  • Nutrition Education
  • Nutritional Therapy
  • Obesity Medicine
  • Pediatric Nutrition

Debra Brown-Grossman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Celiac Disease
  • Eating Disorders
  • Food Allergy
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Nutritional Diseases
  • Pediatric Intestinal Disorders
  • Pediatric Obesity
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Weight Loss

• Nutritional Counseling
  • Weight Loss Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Tulane University Of Louisiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1972
  • University Of Missouri / Columbia Campus
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Tulane Sch Pub Hlth
    Other Education | Completed 1978

Debra Brown-Grossman has no awards or honors listed.

Debra Brown-Grossman has no media or publications listed.

Debra Brown-Grossman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Debra Brown-Grossman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Debra Brown-Grossman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Debra Brown-Grossman to family and friends
3.6
Debra Brown-Grossman Says:

I greatly appreciate the time you are taking to provide an evaluation of your experience during our nutrition counseling session. Your feedback will help me to continually improve the services I offer and is  very valuable to prospective clients. Feel free to contact me at any time with your questions or concerns.

Debra Brown-Grossman's Performance
in Kearny, NJ |
She leaves her office door open and I could hear what was going on with the other patient. She made fun of me in front of my son, she went on and on about a subject that was mute. Very unprofessional. I went there for help and left feeling very bad about myself and having so much anxiety. Her office is in shambles and she is very disorganized.
in Maplewood, NJ |
She knows a lot about nutrition. Beyond that, she's very unprofessional. Her office was cluttered so I could see other patient's info. She was on the phone with a provider speaking about someone else. She overcharged me for the visit. She was a half hour late. I wouldn't come here again.
in Pompton Plains, NJ |
Debra is a quality provider of nutritional care. She does not pull punches - if your health is in danger she will be frank. She is not selling a nutrition plan and is not co-opted by a food system. She will direct you to other quality professionals and likely bariatric surgery if you qualify. If you aren't prepared to make major changes in diet and to SAVE YOUR LIFE, you may not be ready. If you are, you'll be on the road to recovery FAST.
in NJ |
She's an expert on Bariatric Surgery Nutrition. She's very professional, and is always available. My visit always last for 2hrs or more. She doesn't rush you, she makes me feel comfortable. She provides tons of information with explanation. She provides food with examples and samples of vitamins.The best nutritionist.
in Montclair,NJ |
Debra is a very competent and caring professional. Her advice and ability to affirm and challenge have been very helpful to me in the management of my type 2 Diabetes and weight control. Fr.Paul Bochicchio Montclair,NJ
in Clifton, NJ |
Excellent - Debra has been working with me since 2011. Debra has helped me with my Diabetes and my Diet. She is excellent!
in Montclair |
Debra is a warm, knowledgeable and engaged professional who provided excellent education, support, and assistance with my dietary challenges. I highly recommend her.
in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ |
Dr. Grossman reviewed my blood work and indicated I should have had my A1-C & vit. D checked. She also reviewed my meals for the past week. I knew my diet is terrible. Dr. Grossman printed out numerous documents for me to take home as a guide to assist in my improving my diet. I found Dr. Grossman to be easy to talk . Dr. Grossman did a Body Composition Reading on me and informed me I was in the normal range. I was very happy with my appt. I am trying to get my husband to see her as well.
Montclair, NJ |
She seem to be very judgmental when it came to listening to your struggles. The point of seeking help is the understanding that your lifestyle is not correct and changes need to be done, therefore, she shouldn't make you feel like you it was a bad idea to seek help.
Have you seen Debra Brown-Grossman, RDN?
Are you Debra Brown-Grossman?

Visit Debra Brown-Grossman

Evening
Saturday
Debra Brown-Grossman accepts 6 insurance carriers
  • Blue Shield of Northeastern New York
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
    Choice Fund