Dr. Deborah Weir, PHD

Dr. Deborah Weir, PHD

Counseling  ·
Female
Dr. Deborah Weir, PHD is a counselor in Asheville, NC and has been practicing for 25 years. She graduated from University Of South Florida in 1993 and specializes in counseling, addiction counseling, and more.Read her story

70 Woodfin Pl Ste 6

Asheville, NC 28801

Learn about Dr. Weir

Dr. Weir's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Weir "I have a PhD in clinical sexology and am a certified hypnotherapist. I'm passionate about helping others who find their way to my office. I have a strong background in substance abuse, relationship counseling, Jungian counseling, trauma, LGBT, and mood disorders. I like to dig deep, discover the core of problems, and then assist clients in forming new beliefs, thoughts, and behaviors about the problem situation. Each session is an experience of non-judgmental focus on the problems, and creative collaboration on new coping and communication skills. I've done my job if clients feel heard, renewed, and empowered. I use a number of approaches, honed over years of experience and adapted to each client's personality and orientation. I prefer to tackle problems quickly, if possible and when appropriate. Hypnotherapy, dream interpretation, mindfulness, psychoeducation, CBT, active imagination, and just simple problem-solving are typical tools of my trade. My comfortable office is located in a convenient downtown location with easy parking."

• Counseling
  • Addiction Counseling
  • Relationship Counseling
  • Women's Counseling

Dr. Weir does not have any board certifications listed.

• Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Louisiana At Monroe
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of South Florida
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • American Academy Of Clinical Sexology, PHD
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Weir has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Weir has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Weir does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Weir and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Weir's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Weir to family and friends
5 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Weir's Performance

I would highly recommend her to family and friends. She is easy to talk to and understands without having to waste time. She helped me to understand myself and what I needed to know in one session. I needed some direction and self assurance I was on the right track. And with the one session I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option1
Are you Dr. Weir?

Nearby providers with similar experience

Eating Disorders