Deborah Leighton, MSW

Clinical Social WorkFemaleAge 63

Clinical Social Work

Deborah Leighton, MSW is a Clinical Social Worker in Charlotte, NC. Her office accepts new patients.

Deborah Leighton, MSW

Discovering Authentic Living, LLC

5200 Park Rd Ste 200c Charlotte, NC 28209 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Clinical Social Workers in your area

"I enjoy working with individuals dealing with depression, anxiety, substance use problems (including relapse prevention), and issues with life transitions. Also have extensive training for trauma issues. I hold certificates an..."

- Deborah Leighton, MSW

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check if Deborah Leighton treats your condition or procedure

Deborah Leighton's conditions and procedures:

• Addiction
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Anxiety Attack
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Counseling Services
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
  • Family Counseling
  • Grief
  • Grief Therapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Individual Therapy
  • Mood Disorders
  • Panic Attack
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Stress Management
  • Substance Abuse
  • Treatment of Mood Disorders

Deborah Leighton accepts

Deborah Leighton accepts the following insurance:

MedCost
Medicaid
Tricare

Deborah Leighton's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Deborah Leighton

3.7

Deborah Leighton

I love Deborah! I have been seeing her for three years now. The thing I like best is that she is very open-minded. If one style of therapy doesn't seem to be working she is willing to adjust and try different things. All therapists are supposed to be judgement free, but you don't always get that. With Deborah I truly don't feel judged even when I talk about the things I am most sensitive about. She is friendly and makes herself available if you ever find yourself in a crisis situation. I have recommended her to other people and would absolutely do so again.
Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Leighton, MSW?
I called Friday and she had an opening the following Monday. First red flag, she’s not busy. She said her rates were 160/hr but she could see me for two hours for $125 Second red flag, you get what you pay for. ( usually) I arrived at her office and filled out the paperwork within 10 minutes. I waited till 2:55 and called because I needed to use the bathroom. She didn’t answer the phone but opened the door to the lobby and pointed to the bathroom. Not so much as a “hello how are you”. Once in her office she asked me if I used a gel pen and I replied “yes” she said, gel pens smear. Then she wet her finger and ran it across some of the writing on the paperwork I just filled out. Who does that?! This woman is completely unwelcoming and has very bad energy. I left thinking that this experience could be a great skit for Saturday night live, or Seinfeld!! “ The gel pen Nazi!!”
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Leighton, MSW?

How was your experience with Deborah Leighton?

I enjoy working with individuals dealing with depression, anxiety, substance use problems (including relapse prevention), and issues with life transitions....Read more

I began working in the fields of Addiction/Dual Diagnosis more than 35 years ago. Graduated from Syracuse University in Psychology; completed a master's...Read more

• Clinical Social Work

1998
Unc-Ch School Of Social Work
1981
Syracuse University

Is Deborah Leighton, MSW accepting new patients?

Deborah Leighton, MSW generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Deborah Leighton's profile to make an appointment.

Does Deborah Leighton, MSW accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Deborah Leighton accepts your insurance.

What are Deborah Leighton, MSW's top areas of care?

Deborah Leighton frequently treats Addiction, Adjustment Disorder , and Anxiety. See all procedures and conditions Deborah Leighton treats.

Where is Deborah Leighton, MSW's office located?

Deborah Leighton's office is located at 5200 Park Rd Ste 200c, Charlotte, NC 28209. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Deborah Leighton, MSW offer telehealth services?

Deborah Leighton has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Deborah Leighton, MSW?

Discovering Authentic Living, LLC