Deborah Johnson, CNM is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Tacoma, WA. She specializes in obstetrics & gynecology, gynecology, and more.

Deborah Johnson accepts

Deborah Johnson accepts the following insurance:

Medicare Advantage
Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Bridgespan
Community First Health Plans
First Choice Health
HAP Insurance
Preferred PPO
Medicare
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
Part B Primary
AARP Medicare Complete Essential HMO
Medicaid
US Family Health Plan
Washington State Department of Labor & Industries

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Deborah Johnson's experience treating your condition or procedure

As a practicing Certified Nurse Midwife for more than 30 years, I am passionate about providing a woman with personalized, holistic care. I value listening to a woman's concerns and needs and helping her achieve personal goals for an ideal birth. I b...

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Gynecology
  • Midwifery

Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing, Hyden, Kentucky - Family Nurse Practitioner and Nur

Deborah Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Deborah Johnson

4.0

Deborah Johnson?
Deborah Johnson's Performance
What People Say About Deborah Johnson, CNM
Debbie took excellent care of me during my 2 pregnancies. Prenatal care was thorough but not over-medicalized, & I always felt heard. At times I had to wait a bit longer than at some offices (that feel like an assembly line) but I knew that she was giving each mama the care she deserved. I was grateful to have her deliver my 2nd son. She arrived at the hospital very quickly, & was with me for the duration. I labored naturally on my own time. She handled a manual placenta extraction like a pro.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
I have been seeing Debbie since 2014. She got me through my first pregnancy and delivery. I was so excited that she was still practicing when my husband and I were ready for our second. She has now helped us through two miscarriages and we are pregnant again. She is thoughtful, caring, personable and thorough. I knew if I had any questions she was alway there to answer them and I never felt rushed. I would recommend her to anyone that wants a down to earth knowledgeable midwife.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
Deborah has done my gynecological care for years. She is so gentle and caring. She never makes me feel like she is in a hurry. If I have to wait a little longer in the room to see her, I am fine with it because I know she is giving everyone the time they need. She is a wonderful woman and talented medical professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
Considerate, caring, smart, and helpful. Always listens to my concerns. Goes above and beyond to make sure my needs are met. Highly recommended!
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
Deborah has been the best provider to me over the years! She spends a lot of time with me and I feel like she geuinally cares about me and my health. I can get in quickly and the James building feels new and clean.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
Debbie was my midwife for both of my pregnancies and I highly recommend her. She always made me feel very comfortable and she took the time to listen to my concerns and explain things in detail. I thought she was very thorough and with both pregnancies I felt completely confident that both myself and my baby were in great hands.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
I have had Deborah Johnson as my midwife for all 3 of my babies! She is a gem. My husband thinks she is great as well! She was so knowledgeable, kind and warm during every visit. During labor my husband and I are stunned at how experienced and in tune she was with everything going on with my body. I really can’t say enough good things about her. I’m actually appauled that these ladies would write bad reviews and I wonder at the credibility of them. Debbie was everything I hoped for in a midwife.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
I am very happy with the care I received. She has years of experience and made me feel comfortable. She explains everything nicely and I trust her medical decision making.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
She was so condescending, disrespectful, unprofessional, inaccurately read lab results resulting in extensive unnecessary blood tests and significant stress and emotional distress. I have a difficult time trusting any medical care provider after being so badly mistreated. The support staff were lovely, and even seemed sympathetic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
She is too busy running her mouth to listen to patients. Snarky and scattered. Both times I have seen her I have felt like she was talking down to me instead of respectfully listening to what I had to say and what my concerns were. She is quick to share her opinions and just unprofessional. The rest of the staff is great. I had scheduled an apt and asked for specific testing which she did not do.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?
Long wait times ( a 60 min appointment turned into 2 hours) very scattered and unfocused,did not feel like I was being listened to or treated as a priority during my appointment. Rest of staff were attentive and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Deborah Johnson, CNM?

How was your experience with Deborah Johnson?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Deborah Johnson treats patients.

Compare Providers